Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846800 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1695 on: January 26, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »

you should never do that srs

if a PSA lacks FINAL.pac you should go to Recources and download the normal one lets say Zero psa you go and get Links never set their FS to noone becuase they might use stuff from the final.pac even tough its not on the psa

lets say i maded a pikachu psa and didnt include the final pac but his FS would use the  volt tackle  the reason it wasnt included its becuase it wasnt needed since it used the normal FS

I'm pretty sure he was talking about characters who don't have a FitFinal.pac in vBrawl. He specifically mentioned Falco, for instance, who I know doesn't have a FitFinal.pac at all. But yeah, if a the character you're cloning has a FitFinal.pac, then you need to download that for the PSA. I'm not even sure that any of the cloneable characters is one that doesn't have FitFinal, so it's best to check the Resources anyways just in case.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:40:32 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1696 on: January 26, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure he was talking about characters who don't have a FitFinal.pac in vBrawl. He specifically mentioned Falco, for instance, who I know doesn't have a FitFinal.pac at all. But yeah, if a the character you're cloning has a FitFinal.pac, then you need to download that for the PSA. I'm not even sure that any of the cloneable characters is one that doesn't have FitFinal, so it's best to check the Resources anyways just in case.

Hmm... I'm not sure I'm explaining it right.

Okay, so in normal Brawl, without the clone engine, I put a Zero PSA on Link. When Zero (Link) breaks the FS ball he gets a Final Smash and can use it without a FitFinal.pac. The same goes for Goku and Vegeta. They probably load this from the FitLink.pac instead (Or Pit/Wolf). Now, when I put them in the game as clones instead, they don't load their Final Smashes from the .pacs anymore (Or so I assume sincepushing B now does nothing). Since BrawlEX needs a FitFinal.pac for a character to use their final smash, and these characters didn't come with one BUT somehow have one in their FitXXXX.pac files, is there a way for me to extract that from their .pac files and then put it into a Link Final Smash format so that it could be read? (Or pit and Wolf for Gokue and Vegeta?) Or is what I'm asking simply not possible nd I should just settle for putting the resource Link, Pit, and Wolf FitFinals in.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:59:29 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1697 on: January 26, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »

Hmm... I'm not sure I'm explaining it right.

Okay, so in normal Brawl, without the clone engine, I put a Zero PSA on Link. When Zero (Link) breaks the FS ball he gets a Final Smash and can use it without a FitFinal.pac. The same goes for Goku and Vegeta. They probably load this from the FitLink.pac instead (Or Pit/Wolf). Now, when I put them in the game as clones instead, they don't load their Final Smashes from the .pacs anymore (Or so I assume sincepushing B now does nothing). Since BrawlEX needs a FitFinal.pac for a character to use their final smash, and these characters didn't come with one BUT somehow have one in their FitXXXX.pac files, is there a way for me to extract that from their .pac files and then put it into a Link Final Smash format so that it could be read? (Or pit and Wolf for Gokue and Vegeta?) Or is what I'm asking simply not possible nd I should just settle for putting the resource Link, Pit, and Wolf FitFinals in.

You don't need to do that. The FitFinal.pac file doesn't contain their Final Smash, it simply contains resources that the PSA may or may not use for it. Giving Zero Link's FitFinal.pac will NOT give him Link's Final Smash. He'll still use the one in his PSA. Just give him the vBrawl FitFinal and try it, you'll see what we mean.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:23:22 AM by ShinF » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1698 on: January 26, 2014, 11:22:57 AM »

You don't need to do that. The FitFinal.pac file doesn't contain their Final Smash, it simply contains resources that the PSA may or may not use. Giving Zero Link's FitFinal.pac will NOT give him Link's Final Smash. He'll still use the one in his PSA. Just give him the vBrawl FitFinal and try it, you'll see what we mean.
    this all of this dont go around making stuff up just fill  all the spots to prevent freezing, giving him a fitfinal from the char he is over doesnt make him have that character FS, becuase when you use zero over link normaly he has the fitlinkfinal.pac from the Iso/CD its like when you dont fill all the textures you get a texture from the default brawl

for example you downloaded a psa which only had fitlink.pac,fitlinkmotionetc.pac and fitlink00.pcs the game would fill everything that is missing with the default character like the other costumes,fitfinal.pac,fitentry.pac, fit result.pac everything link originaly has and isnt there.

But on brawlex that isnt possible becuase the game is opening fitzero.pac so he cant fill in the missing because the cd has nothing for zero its up to you to get it and rename it.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1699 on: January 26, 2014, 11:27:28 AM »

I solved the freeze on the select screen itself. Somehow, the -1 on MiscData[62] got changed to 0. Once I added a new BRRES to replace Red Alloy's, it went fine.

Only issues now are:

1) The 'card' image slide weirdly (Solved by changing TexPattern on the name to XX5, instead of XX1)
    2) Buzzing crash when I press Start to go to the SSS.
    3) Crash after returning from a match (was hovering over Sheik at the time with the CSS Fixes on).
    4) Sometimes crashes at "Now Loading..." screen (twice now).
    5) "Ready to Fight!" animation loops infinitely.

Edit: SSS crash fixed. Changed Compression to Extended LZ77 and stock icons now show.

Note 2: I'm using the CSS fixes for Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS, as well as Regular Zelda Icons. Could these be the cause of any of the issues?

Note 3: I'm also running Brawl through USB Loader GX with Hooktype to AXNextFrame. Is this proper?
    so did u get the alloys working?
    If so can i have the files?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1700 on: January 26, 2014, 12:22:09 PM »

You don't need to do that. The FitFinal.pac file doesn't contain their Final Smash, it simply contains resources that the PSA may or may not use for it. Giving Zero Link's FitFinal.pac will NOT give him Link's Final Smash. He'll still use the one in his PSA. Just give him the vBrawl FitFinal and try it, you'll see what we mean.

Oh, you're right! Works now! Smiley Thank you.

Also, my game just recently started freezing at strap or loading. It didn't do that before. I formatted card and reinserted stuff. Froze first time. Loaded second. Is this more prone to freezing the more stuff you put in? I didn't get a freeze the entire time until now.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1701 on: January 26, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »

Hello! ShinF, Kenji Morada, or anybody. Did you not see my post earlier? I need your help. I sent my files here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j7j2448v1y4tixl

And remember, the sawnd file being too big isn't the problem, because I tested Shadow without and it still froze. Also Shadow is on Slot 46 in the FighterConfig folder.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1702 on: January 26, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

Hello! ShinF, Kenji Morada, or anybody. Did you not see my post earlier? I need your help. I sent my files here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j7j2448v1y4tixl

And remember, the sawnd file being too big isn't the problem, because I tested Shadow without and it still froze. Also Shadow is on Slot 46 in the FighterConfig folder.

It's not gonna be the filesize of the .sawnd, its gonna be the filesize of the smashbros_sound. The .sawnd file is onky a placeholder file that tells the game to load this sound when called. Not actually a sound file. At least I think.

Eitherway, you gotta check the smashbros_sound file, not the .sawnd

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1703 on: January 26, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »

It's not gonna be the filesize of the .sawnd, its gonna be the filesize of the smashbros_sound. The .sawnd file is onky a placeholder file that tells the game to load this sound when called. Not actually a sound file. At least I think.

Eitherway, you gotta check the smashbros_sound file, not the .sawnd

Alright, I'll check my brsar file. Also, I FINALLY got the sound bank change to work! I just redownloaded the config utility program and used the new fighter configs from the new version of brawlex. I don't think that phantom wings had changed them since the previous version. But perhaps I had a bad download of them or something. Anyway now Shadow has Tabuu sounds. So problem solved!

Edit: Also, I just got the sawnd file for Tabuu having Shadow's sounds and it works great. Only ONE problem! So if people are going to do this be aware of this. It could happen to you. When I do the smash attack moves, the sound clip for shadow keeps repeating. I think I need to put in a call for terminate "insert tabuu sound effect here that was used last" sound effect function in order to fix this problem. That usually works right?
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:38:38 PM by shock44 » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1704 on: January 26, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »

Some sound slots keep looping so don't put sounds in there.

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1705 on: January 26, 2014, 07:05:10 PM »

Oh, you're right! Works now! Smiley Thank you.

Also, my game just recently started freezing at strap or loading. It didn't do that before. I formatted card and reinserted stuff. Froze first time. Loaded second. Is this more prone to freezing the more stuff you put in? I didn't get a freeze the entire time until now.

Sounds like you've got the same problem I do. Sorry brah, I don't even have a solution.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Kenji23Z
    Advanced Kitten

Just idling around, don't mind me....

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1706 on: January 26, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »

Well im doing Cloud on Masterhand. Did he always sound so.....how do I put this......emo?

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1707 on: January 26, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »

That happens because Brawl's original slots were out of order from the very beginning.

I'll make some for the characters in cBliss order with default costume numbers later, but if you don't want to wait, it's pretty easy to do it yourself. Just open the CSSSlot Config file of the character you're changing in a hex editor and replace the last two lines with this:

05000001 02020303 08040105 0C000000
    00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

After that, open the character's FighterConfig and check the 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05 costume slots. That should give the character 6 costumes in cBliss order. Keep in mind that the fighters don't share FighterConfig and CSSSlot file numbers. Ness, for example, uses Fighter0A.dat and CSSSlot0B.dat, so make sure you're doing the right files for the right characters.

Ok, so I tried copying the Ice Climbers' original Fit files from the game's partition into the SD card along with the CSSSlot10.dat file you made, with the 05000001 02020303 08040105 0C000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 pasted over the last 2 lines and it worked fine, so thank you Smiley now the only other thing I'm trying to figure out is how I can change the amount of slots are within that character.

For example. Ice Climbers have 5 slots, but what if I want just 6 to appear on the character select instead of 5 or 10? I tried changing that number in the their Fighter.dat file, but that extra slot doesn't show up, so far the only thing it has done for me is control whether or not te slots have either the costumes/ colors I put there for them or clones of the default costume/ color.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1708 on: January 26, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »

Well im doing Cloud on Masterhand. Did he always sound so.....how do I put this......emo?

Yes.

Ok, so I tried copying the Ice Climbers' original Fit files from the game's partition into the SD card along with the CSSSlot10.dat file you made, with the 05000001 02020303 08040105 0C000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 pasted over the last 2 lines and it worked fine, so thank you Smiley now the only other thing I'm trying to figure out is how I can change the amount of slots are within that character.

For example. Ice Climbers have 5 slots, but what if I want just 6 to appear on the character select instead of 5 or 10? I tried changing that number in the their Fighter.dat file, but that extra slot doesn't show up, so far the only thing it has done for me is control whether or not te slots have either the costumes/ colors I put there for them or clones of the default costume/ color.

Okay, so I probably should have explained how to change it in the first place. The last 2 lines of CSSSlot code are what determines which costumes appear and in what order on the CSS. Each costume is two bits (four numbers, two per bit), so in the code I gave you it works out like this:

Color 1 - 0500
    Color 2 - 0001
    Color 3 - 0202
    Color 4 - 0303
    Color 5 - 0804
    Color 6 - 0105
    End Code - 0C00

With the rest being zeroes. Now, I'm still unclear on what the first bit is (Either ASF or Don Jon Bravo said it's the color I think? Not sure) which is why I didn't try to explain it before, but it's the second bit that's important. The number there is the FitChar##.pac that the portrait is associated with. So, the 0500 bit (which is attached to the first portrait, IE the default) will load costume 00. The next bits (0001) will load FitChar01, and so on.

If you wanted to take away costume 6, you would remove the bits that say 0105 and uncheck the 6th costume in the Fighter Config. If you wanted to, say, add a seventh costume, then you could add another set of bits after costume 6 (before 0C). The first two numbers won't really affect anything, but the second set would be 06. In the 10 costume versions where I copied and modified Wario's, it's 0206.

You could just start with the 10 costume version and remove whichever costumes you don't want, if you wanted to.

Costume 1
    Costume 2
    Costume 3
    Costume 4
    Costume 5
    Costume 6
    Costume 7
    Costume 8
    Costume 9
    Costume 10
    Terminate Code/Filler

05000001 02020303 08040105 02060007
    01080309 0C000000 00000000 00000000

The portraits will scroll through in whatever order they appear in sc_selcharacter, so the first portrait will be attached to the first costume in the code, etc.

That's pretty much it. I hope that all makes sense.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:09:20 PM by ShinF » Logged

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1709 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:43 PM »

Yes.

Okay, so I probably should have explained how to change it in the first place. The last 2 lines of CSSSlot code are what determines which costumes appear and in what order on the CSS. Each costume is two bits (four numbers, two per bit), so in the code I gave you it works out like this:

Color 1 - 0500
    Color 2 - 0001
    Color 3 - 0202
    Color 4 - 0303
    Color 5 - 0804
    Color 6 - 0105
    End Code - 0C00

With the rest being zeroes. Now, I'm still unclear on what the first bit is (Either ASF or Don Jon Bravo said it's the color I think? Not sure) which is why I didn't try to explain it before, but it's the second bit that's important. The number there is the FitChar##.pac that the portrait is associated with. So, the 0500 bit (which is attached to the first portrait, IE the default) will load costume 00. The next bits (0001) will load FitChar01, and so on.

If you wanted to take away costume 6, you would remove the bits that say 0105 and uncheck the 6th costume in the Fighter Config. If you wanted to, say, add a seventh costume, then you could add another set of bits after costume 6 (before 0C). The first two numbers won't really affect anything, but the second set would be 06. In the 10 costume versions where I copied and modified Wario's, it's 0206.

You could just start with the 10 costume version and remove whichever costumes you don't want, if you wanted to.

Costume 1
    Costume 2
    Costume 3
    Costume 4
    Costume 5
    Costume 6
    Costume 7
    Costume 8
    Costume 9
    Costume 10
    Terminate Code/Filler

05000001 02020303 08040105 02060007
    01080309 0C000000 00000000 00000000

The portraits will scroll through in whatever order they appear in sc_selcharacter, so the first portrait will be attached to the first costume in the code, etc.

That's pretty much it. I hope that all makes sense.

Ohh ok, yes I get it now, thanks Smiley Kinda like this right? (If I hypothetically wanted it in this order)

Color 00 - 0500
    Color 01 - 0001
    Color 02 - 0202
    Color 03 - 0303
    Color 04 - 0804
    Color 05 - 0105
    Color 06 - 0206
    Color 07 - 0007
    Color 08 - 0108
    Color 09 - 0309
    End Code - 0C00

and the 05 in the 0500, the 00 in the 0001 don't mean anything? Like, they have no properties? They can be anything? Like, let's say hypothetically I was using a character that can have 12 slots. Would slot 11 (Color 10) be like 0?10 (? = any number)
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:15:06 PM by MrUnusual » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: