Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847001 times)
Doq
Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1710 on: January 26, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »

Sounds like you've got the same problem I do. Sorry brah, I don't even have a solution.
    Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1711 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:45 PM »

Hi Pikazz, it's good to see that you've got transforming characters up and running - you're pretty amazing when it comes to figuring these things out.
    @ Pikazz, wait, you did what now? I wanna know more about this! o.o sounds very interesting

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1712 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »

Hey I decided to test the Alloys working as Phantom Wings said it does and they work to an extent (at least Red Alloy does). I've only encountered crashes in a few places,

Boss Battles, Multi-man Brawl, and 2 players playing as the same Alloy, it works fine otherwise, and using Brawl Ex multiple colors even work, unlike Giga Bowser.  I also experience random crashing on some stages with Brawl Ex, Variable levels (Like Spear Pillar) and moving Levels, like Metaknight's Ship and the PT Aero Drive.

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1713 on: January 26, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »

Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.

thanks, i'll try in the morning. Wind chill advisory, should be freed from my classes tomorrow.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1714 on: January 26, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »

so did u get the alloys working?
    If so can i have the files?

It's not quite ready yet. I still have the "Ready to Fight" animation repeating when characters are selected.

I may need to test on Dolphin to figure out WTF's going on.

But if you want to help troubleshoot... you can get what I have here. It's set up to extract right to the pf folder, and contains everything necessary: CPSs, icons, names, and even stock icons (which is why STGRESULT and sc_selmap are there).

Edit:

Nope. I had the freezing at "Loading..." myself, and even after dropping a vanilla common5.pac into my SD card, it locked up the first time.

Another issue is it seems you can't have multiple players using the same Alloy (it crashes any time you get close to selecting a copy). Any way around this?
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:34:11 PM by Tiberious » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1715 on: January 27, 2014, 12:41:46 AM »

I'll take a look and see if can help..  Tongue

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1716 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:40 AM »

@ Pikazz, wait, you did what now? I wanna know more about this! o.o sounds very interesting

i did this
    Let the Swap Begin! [Fully Working Transforming]

however, the project is kinda on ice for the moment D:

Stupid Tinypic :C

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1717 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:21 AM »

i did this

I was keeping up as the project was developing, but I don't know why it just dawned on me that when this project takes full form it would be theoretically possible to make a Bowser Jr that transforms into Shadow Mario. Which is something I'd really like to see, but you know. Still awesome work, pikazz.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1718 on: January 27, 2014, 04:05:27 AM »

but can you do 3?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1719 on: January 27, 2014, 04:33:10 AM »

I was keeping up as the project was developing, but I don't know why it just dawned on me that when this project takes full form it would be theoretically possible to make a Bowser Jr that transforms into Shadow Mario. Which is something I'd really like to see, but you know. Still awesome work, pikazz.
    the thing that made the project on ice is Module memory, the game freezes if you try to load 2 modules together that is over 330-360kB. I was lucky with both Jigglypuff and Marth since those 2 has the lowest kB together (209kB).

until we find a way to compress or increase the module memory, the project is on ice.

but can you do 3?
    did test 3 on a extra slot, but only the first 2 gets swap! but I will test them over Samus or PT

Stupid Tinypic :C

BronzeGreekGod
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ninja Hey! Listen! Dedicated Hacker Featured

« Reply #1720 on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can a character be cloned more than once?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1721 on: January 27, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can a character be cloned more than once?

Why, yes it can. I've got two Marth clones in right now, but hypothetically i could have
    As many as i want. (Though right now only a possible of 50 characters are selectable on the css right now. But that'll change.)

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 10:53:18 AM
    But be warned, certain effects can clash or be shared between charaxters, meaning that all your marth clones might have the same sqord trail, or migjt only load one of them for one movest but not the other. Sonic ia a big problem with that.

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 11:01:08 AM
    Excuse my typing, i'm on a cell phone and i can't touchscreen text worth anything.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:01:08 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1722 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »

i did this
    Let the Swap Begin! [Fully Working Transforming]

How did you do this?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1723 on: January 27, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »

Its *really* complicated. Requires math and lots of hex editing. As well as many advanced techniques in editing the methods in module editor 2. He was going to either release a tutorial, of premade transforming characters. But the project is on ice now due to memory limitations

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1724 on: January 27, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »

Its *really* complicated. Requires math and lots of hex editing. As well as many advanced techniques in editing the methods in module editor 2. He was going to either release a tutorial, of premade transforming characters. But the project is on ice now due to memory limitations

Hey Sam. By chance, how is the expanded css or the 2 switchable characters per icon going along? I know you mentioned it the other day and i wasn't sure if i missed an update.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:23:08 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Pages:  1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: