The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 30, 2014, 10:03:12 AM #1830 Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:48:36 PM by MrUnusual
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 30, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
that's because there are 4 types of data for each character. cosmetic, css, slot, and fighter. the brawlex character's data are lined up just like mario's is. but somehow when nintendo made the game, things got a little messed up. so, the fighter data may be a different ID then the cosmetic on the REAL lucario. but when you clone him into a new slot, it makes NEW data. and that data is aligned. that's why you can name all the configs the same ID.

basically, each of the 4 lines of stuff on the chart represents a different type of data.
But that's what I mean, since there's 4 different parts, it's hard to tell which is the real one, but I guess I'm gonna just goby the CSS. Also, I have another issue :/ Shadow keeps freezing every time I select a stage, dunno what it is about him that's causing the game to freeze

When you're using the Custom CSS code, you use the 3rd row. If you want to add CSS graphics (AKA Cosmetics, 4th line) for the Alloys, though, he's got the order kinda messed up...

38 - Red Alloy (MiscData[62] and .621/.062)
39 - Yellow Alloy (MiscData[63] and .631/.063)
3A - Blue Alloy (MiscData[64] and .641/.064)
3B - Green Alloy (MiscData[65] and .651/.065)

Just a heads-up to anyone wanting to add in Alloy cosmetics of their own (and I still need to figure out what's wrong with my sc_selcharacter.pac with Alloy cosmetics)...

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 30, 2014, 02:59:03 AM[/b][/color][/size]
:kirby: Drop the BF My Music Reset in it's own codeset (no other codes), load Brawl, go to BF My Music, back out to title screen, ?????, PROFIT!

Battlefield My Music Reset [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000

Really? That's it? I guess I'll have to test it later.

Quote from: Tiberious on January 30, 2014, 01:35:27 PM

Just a heads-up to anyone wanting to add in Alloy cosmetics of their own (and I still need to figure out what's wrong with my sc_selcharacter.pac with Alloy cosmetics)...

I got multiple colors to work for alloys, does your game crash when you put 2 players playing as the same alloy though? I have that issue.

A sort of stupid find, but I found a solution to my problem. Anyway, I was playing with about to start a match online wth a friend. He saw Rosalina's icon and flipped out and selected it. Selected stage, and It froze instantly. Just putting that out there. Also when you select an unmodded character, it freezes. So don't attempt to show off your hacking skills online :kdance:

Quote from: WintersAssassin on January 30, 2014, 09:21:42 PM
I got multiple colors to work for alloys, does your game crash when you put 2 players playing as the same alloy though? I have that issue.

Yep. I get anywhere close to Red with a CPU coin while I've got P1 as Red, insta-crash.

Still....
Any plans to fix the startup freeze bug in the FPC? It kinda annoys me when it takes me 34907895289562389463 tries [exaggeration] to load up the game. In fact if there isn't, I don't mind going back to the old 3.5.1a FPC.

Has anyone had any luck creating Sonic Clones? I seem to be having issues with this o.o I'm trying to make Shadow and Knuckles and I'm doing everything I did with Roy and Mewtwo, but every time I select the character, then the stage and then the game freezes :/

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 31, 2014, 12:50:03 AM
Still....
Any plans to fix the startup freeze bug in the FPC? It kinda annoys me when it takes me 34907895289562389463 tries [exaggeration] to load up the game. In fact if there isn't, I don't mind going back to the old 3.5.1a FPC.

that's wierd, it's never hapened to me on my wii...

ASF has a successful Shadow port in his pack.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 31, 2014, 12:57:11 AM
that's wierd, it's never hapened to me on my wii...
:/
Well one user (I think it was ShinF) suggested to shove a common5 in the system folder, that didn't work.
I defragged my card, reformatted, unplugged my Wii, REplugged my Wii. That's literally the only problem with the Engine as of now.

It might be because I have a newer Wii. (without the GC ports)

I don't doubt he does, but I'm curious as to how he did it or what I'm doing wrong so that I can learn o.o

January 31, 2014, 01:07:06 AM #1842 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:08:51 AM by Nebulon
Quote from: Segtendo on January 31, 2014, 12:57:28 AM
ASF has a successful Shadow port in his pack.

Does this Shadow have gfx issues? Or did he fix them? I'm trying to find a good tutorial to get started on doing that myself, but since he knows how to do it maybe this one is fixed.

Post Merge: January 31, 2014, 01:08:51 AM

Quote from: MrUnusual on January 31, 2014, 12:51:37 AM
Has anyone had any luck creating Sonic Clones? I seem to be having issues with this o.o I'm trying to make Shadow and Knuckles and I'm doing everything I did with Roy and Mewtwo, but every time I select the character, then the stage and then the game freezes :/

I've done two, both Knuckles and Shadow. I had to put in an entry and a result data. Result for Knuckles particularly.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

January 31, 2014, 01:11:14 AM #1843 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:12:07 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
at mr.unusual
do u have all necessary files for shadow?
like fitfinal fitmotion fitcharacter fitentry etc?
Quote from: Nebulon on January 31, 2014, 01:07:06 AM
Does this Shadow have gfx issues? Or did he fix them? I'm trying to find a good tutorial to get started on doing that myself, but since he knows how to do it maybe this one is fixed.

Post Merge: January 31, 2014, 01:08:51 AM

I've done two, both Knuckles and Shadow. I had to put in an entry and a result data. Result for Knuckles particularly.
gfx issues
meh
that is not too important to me

i wish someone like liberternie or mewtwo would make a program that would set up everything for anyone lol

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 31, 2014, 01:01:44 AM
:/
Well one user (I think it was ShinF) suggested to shove a common5 in the system folder, that didn't work.
I defragged my card, reformatted, unplugged my Wii, REplugged my Wii. That's literally the only problem with the Engine as of now.

It might be because I have a newer Wii. (without the GC ports)

Mine's a much older Wii (with GC ports, and even BootMii/boot2 support), and I get the "Now Loading." crash too. And yes, a stock common5.pac doesn't fix it.