The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShinF on January 29, 2014, 08:22:33 PM
Mine has. It's set to work with SDHC, as well. Just load it through the Project M Loader if you're on SDHC. It's already in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xuaafa29lugvok/BrawlEx%20Bliss%20SDHC.zip
this really helped me, now i can use the brawlex clone engine, but the bad thing is i really have problmes to use the classic exp version, should i use the version for projecM?

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 31, 2014, 01:11:14 AM
at mr.unusual
do u have all necessary files for shadow?
like fitfinal fitmotion fitcharacter fitentry etc?gfx issues
meh
that is not too important to me

i wish someone like liberternie or mewtwo would make a program that would set up everything for anyone lol

I would make a program, but i don't have a clue how i would go about doing what i had planned. if nobody makes one, i MAY look into making a tool.

but it would be so much better if someone who knows more just makes one lol.

Ok, so, I've check over everything various amounts of times, Mario is intended to be there, I select him, and then try to start a match, but after selecting a stage, it just freezes, I'm using Dolphin. Can anyone help?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

January 31, 2014, 09:45:21 AM #1863 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:18:52 AM by Tiberious
Just so you guys can see what I mean, here's a Dolphin screenshot of what I mean when the 'Ready to Fight' message scrolling oddly:



What happens is the 'appearing' animation keeps looping over and over. It doesn't actually affect the gameplay, but I'd like to get it to quit that. Anything I can do to fix it?

Edit: Fixed it by changing the Looping on the AnmChr entry to False (I dunno how it got changed to True).

Now I'm getting crashes dealing with 4 player matches. The first one came as I was about to move the coin off the Random slot for P4 (right as the hand neared it), and the second came after selecting a stage with all 4 Alloys selected.

Edit 2: Wow... for some reason, a ton of AnmChr entries got changed from False to True or vice versa. Maybe this has something to do with my crashes.

does this work on USB loaders?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 31, 2014, 02:19:57 PM
does this work on USB loaders?
yes i can confirm.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quick question - does anyone have a list of the hex IDs for music? I've been replacing victory themes for my characters and so far I've just been using the same values ASF used in his pack, but there aren't enough for the ones I want to replace. I know which ones I want to get put them over, I just don't know what the ID I need to put in their Slot Config File is.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 31, 2014, 04:43:03 PM
Quick question - does anyone have a list of the hex IDs for music? I've been replacing victory themes for my characters and so far I've just been using the same values ASF used in his pack, but there aren't enough for the ones I want to replace. I know which ones I want to get put them over, I just don't know what the ID I need to put in their Slot Config File is.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.750

Segtendo figured it out there. ^

Also guys I have found a workaround for sammi-husky's 50+ expansion to work on the wii, I will post a tutorial after i fix a glitch it has. (Which should be able to be fixed.)
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 31, 2014, 04:52:00 PM #1868 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:54:12 PM by Ultraxwing
I love this engine so much
but i hate doing cosmetics like this. i REALLY hate it. i made one mistake somewhere and i have to restart everything. don't ask cause i've deleted all my cosmetic configs and sc_selcharacter. can this be done any easier?
is there a way that i can just literally only do CSS icons and portraits? without the game crashing, cause if i have to do marks and in game battle portraits, victory portraits. this is insane. i spent 3 hours getting roy completely set up. it worked, then i did a second character. completely messed up the whole process.

it is very mind numbing and discouraging lol.

EDIT:
also where is the beautiful no battleportrait code at? cause i kinda liked that code... a lot.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

January 31, 2014, 04:56:28 PM #1869 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:58:56 PM by ShinF
Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 31, 2014, 04:48:17 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.750

Segtendo figured it out there. ^

Also guys I have found a workaround for sammi-husky's 50+ expansion to work on the wii, I will post a tutorial after i fix a glitch it has. (Which should be able to be fixed.)
Thanks! This is very helpful.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 31, 2014, 04:52:00 PM
I love this engine so much
but i hate doing cosmetics like this. i REALLY hate it. i made one mistake somewhere and i have to restart everything. don't ask cause i've deleted all my cosmetic configs and sc_selcharacter. can this be done any easier?
is there a way that i can just literally only do CSS icons and portraits? without the game crashing, cause if i have to do marks and in game battle portraits, victory portraits. this is insane. i spent 3 hours getting roy completely set up. it worked, then i did a second character. completely messed up the whole process.

it is very mind numbing and discouraging lol.
Well, you don't have to do the marks, at least. Those can just be assigned to an existing one. Then, as a shortcut for the victory portraits, just change the .brres from sc_selcharacter to have no compression and export and rename it, so you don't have to do it from scratch again. Just make sure to change it back to LZ77 once you've exported it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

January 31, 2014, 04:59:34 PM #1870 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:00:41 PM by Ultraxwing
Quote from: ShinF on January 31, 2014, 04:56:28 PM
Thanks! This is very helpful.

Well, you don't have to do the marks, at least. Those can just be assigned to an existing one. Then, as a shortcut for the victory portraits, just change the .brres from sc_selcharacter to have no compression and export and rename it, so you don't have to do it from scratch again. Just make sure to change it back to LZ77 once you've exported it.
Like the moron i am; i've decided to format the SD card. to have a fresh restart. this time ignoring the cosmetics process, i have no patience for that mess. it will have to be cloned CSS characters. they won't feel independant when selected, but they will be. i know it is bad to be lazy when it comes to modding. but this is no fun, and especially when it takes a big dump on your work.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

can't there be some way to unify all stock icons, in-battle portraits, victory portraits, etc...?

like, make them automatically load a specific file, even if they are all the same, heck i wouldnt even care if they are completely gone...


Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 31, 2014, 05:57:09 PM
can't there be some way to unify all stock icons, in-battle portraits, victory portraits, etc...?

like, make them automatically load a specific file, even if they are all the same, heck i wouldnt even care if they are completely gone...
That would be pretty cool for the Stock Icons for me. That's easily the most tedious part. I just stopped adding them after like my 3rd or 4th character. (You don't actually need them unless using single player modes)

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

you mean like make all the clones load csp's and stocks that say 'clone' or some other generic something..? if that's what you mean, you can just add 1 set of cosmetics to the sc_selcharacter then for every clone you make, change the cosmetic file to use that cosmetic ID. is that what you mean..?

I'd just make a single color dot or something and put it on every single character. No need for their little heads.