The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Lillith on January 30, 2014, 06:33:50 AM
So for anyone using who may be interested I made a Roy that combines both the P:M and Thany's Decloned movesets to make a sort of... Super... Decloned Roy? I don't know. It still uses Duon's soundbank for those wondering, enjoy your new Roy I s'pose.

It can be found here~
https://www.mediafire.com/?mljvh4kf89vxpck
That sounds cool I will try this.


Quote from: Lillith on January 30, 2014, 06:35:38 AM
I might do the same for Mewtwo, but I don't know yet.

What would you even do for Mewtwo?He's not a clone so...

Also I leave for a day and now there's 7 pages ahead of where I was!?

this thread expands pretty damn quick yeah...

February 01, 2014, 12:37:35 AM #1877 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:39:00 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
are u guys sure you need battleportraits, and all that stage result crap
reason why i ask is because i was able to have noncrashing clones just using their fighter config files
:/
on the wii

of course they didnt have cosmetics and would load mario's CSS icon/portraits

Yea I agree with DonJohnBravoEx, I can play matches and stock battles with out BPs, RSPs and such. It doesnt freeze. The game loads the original character

All of my pictures were put in (CSP, BP, and Result Portrait). When I figure out how to fix gfx errors in the psa when default characters are in play, I can upload it all if people just want to use the pics I made and whatnot.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Well I can't test for sure (because the Now Loading freeze is basically gamebreaking now, I can't get past it for the life of my Wii console), but for custom cosmetics, RSPs ARE NEEDED or they do crash, no BP code or not (because game still loads them). Always make sure the CSPs are LZ77 compressed, the RSPs and BPs are uncompressed, and they are named properly. I also do not think CMPR will work with BPs, use CI8.

Just a pro tip to any newcomers that are too lazy to read the past 120+ pages...

The cosmetic stuff is for ADVANCED users only...that's why i made a tutorial to maybe help people understand and TRY to get them. :/

as in, if you really care about having a perfectly cloned and independent character with its own cosmetics and such. The clone engine works perfectly fine without them. So case in point, if you dont care about custom cosmetics, then don't use em :P lol

February 01, 2014, 01:49:32 AM #1882 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:52:48 AM by Ultraxwing
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 01, 2014, 01:33:46 AM
The cosmetic stuff is for ADVANCED users only...that's why i made a tutorial to maybe help people understand and TRY to get them. :/

as in, if you really care about having a perfectly cloned and independent character with its own cosmetics and such. The clone engine works perfectly fine without them. So case in point, if you dont care about custom cosmetics, then don't use em :P lol
this is true enough
I used to think i was an advanced Brawl hacker cause i can do pretty decent Hex work in certain aspects. but then this came along and tested ever sense of patience i had

i hate, i mean it hate sounding like this.
anyone have a package that is pretty much done with more characters done than ASF1nks? i kinda want to use it cause me are am is lazy

and after you hex edit a BrawlEx file and edit it with the Brawl documents editor like change the name of the character, will it effect things like the Css ID placement 110,111,112 etc etc? cause i might use ASF1ink's as a basis, or use someone elses if they have more than his. to change some clones.

Or make something like what the Stage Expansion Tutorial made. some very basic template that all that one person would need to do.

like have all the things ranging from 110 to the max.
have all the ID'S associated with those ID'S to put in the Cosmeticconfig. something to consider. i know it would be time consuming all to hell, but it would help many impaitent people such as my self and we would be forever grateful.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

February 01, 2014, 02:00:27 AM #1883 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:02:21 AM by Nebulon
Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 01, 2014, 01:49:32 AM
this is true enough
I used to think i was an advanced Brawl hacker cause i can do pretty decent Hex work in certain aspects. but then this came along and tested ever sense of patience i had

i hate, i mean it hate sounding like this.
anyone have a package that is pretty much done with more characters done than ASF1nks? i kinda want to use it cause me are am is lazy

and after you hex edit a BrawlEx file and edit it with the Brawl documents editor like change the name of the character, will it effect things like the Css ID placement 110,111,112 etc etc? cause i might use ASF1ink's as a basis, or use someone elses if they have more than his. to change some clones.

Or make something like what the Stage Expansion Tutorial made. some very basic template that all that one person would need to do.

like have all the things ranging from 110 to the max.
have all the ID'S associated with those ID'S to put in the Cosmeticconfig. something to consider. i know it would be time consuming all to hell, but it would help many impaitent people such as my self and we would be forever grateful.
I have maximum clones right now, with 37 additional stages most of which have their own music. Each stage and clone has all of their proper pictures (except i didn't modify icons or ingame names because i didn't want pokemon stadium freezes.) and a few of the default characters have alternate skins. If you're interested u'll upload it, but i'm gonna reupload when gfx are fixed.

Post Merge: February 01, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

I didn't modify stock icons*
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 01, 2014, 02:00:27 AM
I have maximum clones right now, with 37 additional stages most of which have their own music. Each stage and clone has all of their proper pictures (except i didn't modify icons or ingame names because i didn't want pokemon stadium freezes.) and a few of the default characters have alternate skins. If you're interested u'll upload it, but i'm gonna reupload when gfx are fixed.

Post Merge: February 01, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

I didn't modify stock icons*
If you wouldn't mind uploading it my friend.
oh, and don't mind the size i am using the SDHC fix, with an 8gig card.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 01, 2014, 02:09:43 AM
If you wouldn't mind uploading it my friend.
oh, and don't mind the size i am using the SDHC fix, with an 8gig card.

No problem at all. :) i'll upload it as soon as come home in like 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on February 01, 2014, 02:26:41 AM
No problem at all. :) i'll upload it as soon as come home in like 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy.
It'll be a god send, if i had the mental tenacity like i used to i would do it my self. but i find it hard nowadays to even think of replacing CSS related anything. so i'll thank you heavily for this.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i2zqwk6mrt94ynu/B_XEi3TOiA

Here you are :) Let me know what you think? ALSO, you wouldn't happen to know how to edit gfx sharing and model sharing between characters with similar modules would you?? I want to start working on that right away.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sweet someone's uploading a pack I want to try it.

February 01, 2014, 03:29:10 AM #1889 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:35:10 AM by Tiberious
So, with the various 'missing' sound codes, can these be used to add in victory fanfares for various characters?

Say, for example, I wanted to add in a 'Z37.brstm' for the Alloys to use (using the last bit of 'Let's Brawl', and 'over' Roy's version of the FE fanfare).

In order to actually do it, I would need to:

1) Edit all the Cosmetic configs for the Alloys to point at song 285F for a fanfare,
2) Throw in the other config files for the Alloys, even if untouched,
3) Place Z37.brstm in the sound\strm folder.

Is this correct?


Edit: I've gone and update the Alloy_Files.zip file. It can be grabbed here. I added the BrawlEx files, but still no gct file yet.