Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847103 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2025 on: February 03, 2014, 04:59:57 PM »

In case anyone is interested in how the tool will look when it's done

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:04:44 PM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2026 on: February 03, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

It's the same thing I think lol that's just the names I gave the codes because I didn't have the names on hand... but it's been confusing people so I'd better figure out what names they actually are.
    If I think I know what you're talking about (and what I think were the two unused stages from SSB64), those were Dreamland betas, they have an official unofficial name though (Kirby Beta Stage 1 and 2, respectively). The second one is soooooooo much fun to play on, especially trolling people with the invisible top platform.

---------------------

Someone mentioned BrawlExpanded? I'm gonna have that up as soon as I find a way to upload it to my Dropbox, so hang tight gaiz.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2027 on: February 03, 2014, 05:17:30 PM »

Yes. ASF1ink's pack comes with calls for all of the added characters. The announcer calls are configured in Cosmetic Config.

Is there a tutorial on how to edit the Cosmetic Config and set it up with the sfx you want it to use for the announcer call?

Looks quite helpful. I look forward to when it is finished.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2028 on: February 03, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »

That looks pretty convinient Smiley i noticed it mentions costumes in one of the pictures. Is that tool able to add new ones? Also does it allow an easier interaction with module files? Even if it doesn't it's gonna make adding new characters  way easier. This might be a little ahead of the current build too, but when/if you're aboe to add in more characters to the game then current count through the r button l button switch, will this program be able to set those types of extra haracters up too? If that's still the predicted method anyway?

Post Merge: February 03, 2014, 05:33:09 PM
    Is there a tutorial on how to edit the Cosmetic Config and set it up with the sfx you want it to use for the announcer call?

If i'm not mistaken I believe ShinF was able to do it...
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:33:10 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2029 on: February 03, 2014, 05:37:14 PM »

Looking pretty awesome! Is that a mockup, or an actual snapshot of the tool?

I know that the announcer call is the set of bits that say 20xx in the Cosmetic Config.

202A, which is what all of mine are set to, is the Fighting Alloy Team call. I'm not sure about any of the others' IDs, but that's where you edit it. If you really care to give an announcer call to each character, you could look at ASF1nk's for the IDs he used.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:41:16 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2030 on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »

Thanks so much Grin

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2031 on: February 03, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »

It will be able to set up files so that characters can have expanded costumes (like cBliss) and will (hopefully in the future) be able to add cosmetics to the sc_selcharacter.pac for it's own cosmetic slot

i't probably wont be able to edit modules lol. that's a whole ballgame i dont want to get into programming into it. @.@ and besides, i just started learning c# this week Tongue

Once i find a way to make the universal 'Ex Slots' engine work, it will be able to work with it. because the process is exactly the same as making a new clone.

actual snapshot Tongue

so far it:

-checks and validates the BrawlEx directories, and if you Don't have a brawlEx directory, it will ask to make one (and all subdirectories) for you.

-Selects and copies out the Config Files of the selected clone to add into their respective directories

-shows a List of all clones currently set up along with an image of their respective base character.

-shows a list of all files in the Folders in case that is necessary for any reason.

Tongue i want to add in a hexEditor for editing the configs as well. though, you will probably still want to open the fighter config in the actual BrawlEx config utility

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2032 on: February 03, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »

I know that the announcer call is the set of bits that say 20xx in the Cosmetic Config.

202A, which is what all of mine are set to, is the Fighting Alloy Team call. I'm not sure about any of the others' IDs, but that's where you edit it. If you really care to give an announcer call to each character, you could look at ASF1nk's for the IDs he used.

Are there any other numbers one could use? And does that mean your BRSTM is named, in your case, 2A?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2033 on: February 03, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »

Reminds me of Riptor from old school Killer Instinct.
    Awesome Face Exactly what I thought.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2034 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks rather than give clone characters that have minor moveset differences from the originals like Mario and Dr. Mario for example their own slots and instead just be done like how Project M had it to where alt costumes had modified versions of the originals moveset rather than be their own character?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2035 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:36 PM »

Are there any other numbers one could use? And does that mean your BRSTM is named, in your case, 2A?

Announcer calls aren't brstms, they're sound effects (.sanwd) files. While the default announcer calls are 20xx, that doesn't necessarily mean that your added ones will be 20xx, as you're replacing sounds that are not announcer calls in order to add them.

Roy's call in ASF's pack, for instance, is 1EF3. I don't actually know how to get the hex ID, since the ID of the sound he replaced in his sawnd file was different than the ID he used. (Group ID 220, Collection ID 463, WAV ID 1). Which is why I just used the same ID (given to me by SonicBrawler) to give all my Clones the same Fighting Alloy Team call. (The sawnd IDs of the Fighting Alloy Team don't match the hex ID, either, by the way. Theirs is Group ID 223, Collection ID 799, Wav ID 40 - none of which match the Hex ID used in the Cosmetic Config, 202A.)
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:12:30 PM by ShinF » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2036 on: February 03, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks rather than give clone characters that have minor moveset differences from the originals like Mario and Dr. Mario for example their own slots and instead just be done like how Project M had it to where alt costumes had modified versions of the originals moveset rather than be their own character?

while this is a thing, we don't know how P:M did it. it was probably by editing the modules themselves....but yea.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2037 on: February 03, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »

Announcer calls aren't brstms, they're sound effects (.sanwd) files. While the default announcer calls are 20xx, that doesn't necessarily mean that your added ones will be 20xx, as you're replacing sounds that are not announcer calls in order to add them.

Roy's call in ASF's pack, for instance, is 1EF3. I don't actually know how to get the hex ID, since the ID of the sound he replaced in his sawnd file was different than the ID he used. (Group ID 220, Collection ID 463, WAV ID 1). Which is why I just used the same ID (given to me by SonicBrawler) to give all my Clones the same Fighting Alloy Team call. (The sawnd IDs of the Fighting Alloy Team don't match the hex ID, either, by the way. Theirs is Group ID 223, Collection ID 799, Wav ID 40 - none of which match the Hex ID used in the Cosmetic Config, 202A.)

Got it. Smiley i'll tinker with that later. If it's not tok much trouble could you explain what i'd need to change for victory themes?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2038 on: February 03, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »

Got it. Smiley i'll tinker with that later. If it's not tok much trouble could you explain what i'd need to change for victory themes?

It's in the Slot Config.

Those four bits I circled. Again, they don't match the file names. However, Segtendo did create a list of the Hex IDs for music. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1211207#msg1211207

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2039 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:12 PM »

In ASF's pack, the added calls are in 220.sawnd. I just replaced the calls from his pack, and copied the values.

Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: