The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

You could try doing Roy again from scratch to make sure you've got it down.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:25:57 AM
Okay i'm feeling dumb. i did something somewhere wrong. i think.

All my other 13 clones work
but when i choose Roy he will crash when selecting any stage. but the other clones work. or if he is second to spawn, the game will crash as soon as roy is supposed to spawn. i forget what causes this. is it a REL issue?

i know it isn't the SC_selmap or SC_selcharacter doing it. cause those are my last edited files in brawl period.
Lack of Battle Portraits can do that.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

February 08, 2014, 02:30:19 AM #2222 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:48:43 AM by Ultraxwing
Quote from: Nebulon on February 08, 2014, 02:27:33 AM
What does the fighter config say under entry?
None, as i usually do it if the mod/hack doesn't include it.

Quote from: Lillith on February 08, 2014, 02:28:08 AM
You could try doing Roy again from scratch to make sure you've got it down.
I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.

Quote from: ShinF on February 08, 2014, 02:28:55 AM
Lack of Battle Portraits can do that.
He has all six.

Edit:
It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.

I fixed it... guess what guys. Roy's module thought it was set for 3f not 40. how it magically changed ID's on me is beyond me.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:30:19 AM
None, as i usually do it if the mod/hack doesn't include it.
I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.
He has all six.

Edit:
It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:30:19 AM
None, as i usually do it if the mod/hack doesn't include it.
I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.
He has all six.

Edit:
It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:30:19 AM
None, as i usually do it if the mod/hack doesn't include it.
I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.
He has all six.

Edit:
It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.

Which Roy is it? If it's from my pack, then it's a little differet.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

:roy: Make sure all the files (FitRoy, FitRoy0x, FitRoyWhatever) are there and named correctly.
:roy: Check the relocatable module. It might be bad.

Quote from: Nebulon on February 08, 2014, 02:48:51 AM


Which Roy is it? If it's from my pack, then it's a little differet.
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 08, 2014, 02:49:15 AM
:roy: Make sure all the files (FitRoy, FitRoy0x, FitRoyWhatever) are there and named correctly.
:roy: Check the relocatable module. It might be bad.
I fixed it. somehow Roy's module switched back to 3f when it should be 40. it was an easy fix. but it was quite annoying lol.

got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:51:01 AM
I fixed it. somehow Roy's module switched back to 3f when it should be 40. it was an easy fix. but it was quite annoying lol.

got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD

I've got a group like that. :) have fun. I'll be doing the same thing soon.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:51:01 AM
got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD
That's going to be an interesting party.
Wonder how many of them will be in shock?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: ShinF on February 07, 2014, 09:52:02 PM
That's a good question :P I don't use Brawl Minus, so I don't know. If no one else tells you, you might just want to try it both ways. Or you could use the FPC in my codes and move the minusery/pf folder to the normal private/wii/app/RSBE/pf folder, then copy the pack's files over them.

Thanks for all the help. I did just that. I used your file patch code and css and moved the contents of the minusery to private. (merging it with your pack)

Everything now runs and plays great except that clone characters freeze the game when it goes to the victory screen. I tried disabling the custom sound codes and victory screen theme codes but it still happens none the less. I've also played your pack alone and this didn't happen, so either I accidentally copied over something I shouldn't have (no idea what that might be though) or there is still a code conflict somewhere. (I'm not sure if any of the brawl minus codes affect the victory screen)

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 07, 2014, 10:05:10 PM
Sorry, my video tutorial wasn't explanatory enough on that subject. File patch 3.5.1b only fixes a bug where common being replaced causes problems.

Brawl ex can only read from private because bx_fighter is hard coded to read that directory. I can experiment changing that directory if you want?

Oh, that was your tutorial? No worries, the video is quite thorough and informative as it is.

Thanks, but that isn't necessary I think. Moving the minusery to private seems to work. Since you are more familiar with brawl minus do you have any ideas about solving the problem above?

I think brawl minus has a custom victory screen, because when I complete a game with two non-clone characters it looks different than when I have played with ShinF's pack before.

Quote from: NightCaster on February 08, 2014, 02:56:31 AM
Thanks for all the help. I did just that. I used your file patch code and css and moved the contents of the minusery to private. (merging it with your pack)

Everything now runs and plays great except that clone characters freeze the game when it goes to the victory screen. I tried disabling the custom sound codes and victory screen theme codes but it still happens none the less. I've also played your pack alone and this didn't happen, so either I accidentally copied over something I shouldn't have (no idea what that might be though) or there is still a code conflict somewhere. (I'm not sure if any of the brawl minus codes affect the victory screen)

Oh, that was your tutorial? No worries, the video is quite thorough and informative as it is.

Thanks, but that isn't necessary I think. Moving the minusery to private seems to work. Since you are more familiar with brawl minus do you have any ideas about solving the problem above?

I think brawl minus has a custom victory screen, because when I complete a game with two non-clone characters it looks different than when I have played with ShinF's pack before.
:kirby: The victory screen crashes are caused by a lack of result franchise icons. Dropping the MiscData[30] from the pack into the STGRESULT for Minus should do the trick.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 08, 2014, 02:51:01 AM
I fixed it. somehow Roy's module switched back to 3f when it should be 40. it was an easy fix. but it was quite annoying lol.

got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD

I have a group of friends who are the same. Oh, the sweet, sweet reactions I'll be getting from them when they see what's now possible ~

Quote from: NightCaster on February 08, 2014, 02:56:31 AM
Thanks for all the help. I did just that. I used your file patch code and css and moved the contents of the minusery to private. (merging it with your pack)

Everything now runs and plays great except that clone characters freeze the game when it goes to the victory screen. I tried disabling the custom sound codes and victory screen theme codes but it still happens none the less. I've also played your pack alone and this didn't happen, so either I accidentally copied over something I shouldn't have (no idea what that might be though) or there is still a code conflict somewhere. (I'm not sure if any of the brawl minus codes affect the victory screen)

Oh, that was your tutorial? No worries, the video is quite thorough and informative as it is.

Thanks, but that isn't necessary I think. Moving the minusery to private seems to work. Since you are more familiar with brawl minus do you have any ideas about solving the problem above?

I think brawl minus has a custom victory screen, because when I complete a game with two non-clone characters it looks different than when I have played with ShinF's pack before.

Ah, yes - my pack has a custom victory screen because I added franchise marks to some characters. They have to be added to it for it to work. Now, you said you merged minusery with my pack? Their results screen may have replaced mine. Try copying the stage folder from my pack again.

Edit: Ninja'd.
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 08, 2014, 03:00:19 AM
:kirby: The victory screen crashes are caused by a lack of result franchise icons. Dropping the MiscData[30] from the pack into the STGRESULT for Minus should do the trick.
This might work, too.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: Lillith on February 08, 2014, 02:56:08 AM
That's going to be an interesting party.
Wonder how many of them will be in shock?
Will post the results. sadly no camera to record. but will tell the gyst of it. besides at these parties is when i get the best PSA result data. seeing how i've got many circumstances to test it one.

also, reducing the filesize on the Sc_selcharacter can be taxing. i had to replace all the tiny 32X32 icons with invisible 4X4 ones to save on filesize. i am no where near to the limit. i just like being sure.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

How do I delete the random slot? Do I need it?

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Hey Nebulon.
Does changing the CSP's, BP's, names, etc. of your pack cause crashing?

I want to try to replace one or 2 characters.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 08, 2014, 03:36:20 AM
How do I delete the random slot? Do I need it?
Oh you need it. unless you want to be stuck on the css and not be able to select opponents