Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848186 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2220 on: February 07, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »

You could try doing Roy again from scratch to make sure you've got it down.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2221 on: February 07, 2014, 07:28:55 PM »

Okay i'm feeling dumb. i did something somewhere wrong. i think.

All my other 13 clones work
    but when i choose Roy he will crash when selecting any stage. but the other clones work. or if he is second to spawn, the game will crash as soon as roy is supposed to spawn. i forget what causes this. is it a REL issue?

i know it isn't the SC_selmap or SC_selcharacter doing it. cause those are my last edited files in brawl period.
    Lack of Battle Portraits can do that.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2222 on: February 07, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »

What does the fighter config say under entry?
    None, as i usually do it if the mod/hack doesn't include it.

You could try doing Roy again from scratch to make sure you've got it down.
    I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.

Lack of Battle Portraits can do that.
    He has all six.

Edit:
    It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
    it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.

I fixed it... guess what guys. Roy's module thought it was set for 3f not 40. how it magically changed ID's on me is beyond me.
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:48:43 PM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2223 on: February 07, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »

I guess i could do it from scratch, wouldn't kill me to do it again i guess. but if something simple.
    He has all six.

Edit:
    It can't be anything Cosmetic i just reset him to Marth's Cosmetics, and he still crashed.
    it can't be PSA related i just gave him standard Marth with all the bells and whistles with the config to make sure of it.
    He has all six.

Edit:
    He has all six.

Edit:

Which Roy is it? If it's from my pack, then it's a little differet.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2224 on: February 07, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »

Make sure all the files (FitRoy, FitRoy0x, FitRoyWhatever) are there and named correctly.
    Check the relocatable module. It might be bad.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2225 on: February 07, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »

Which Roy is it? If it's from my pack, then it's a little differet.
    Make sure all the files (FitRoy, FitRoy0x, FitRoyWhatever) are there and named correctly.
    Check the relocatable module. It might be bad.
    I fixed it. somehow Roy's module switched back to 3f when it should be 40. it was an easy fix. but it was quite annoying lol.

got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2226 on: February 07, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

I fixed it. somehow Roy's module switched back to 3f when it should be 40. it was an easy fix. but it was quite annoying lol.

got a party tommorow with a bunch of friends. gonna show the Clone engine to the locals who love brawlmods and ask if i could add rather than replace. they don't even know yet XD

I've got a group like that. Smiley have fun. I'll be doing the same thing soon.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2227 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »

That's going to be an interesting party.
    Wonder how many of them will be in shock?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

NightCaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2228 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:31 PM »

That's a good question Tongue I don't use Brawl Minus, so I don't know. If no one else tells you, you might just want to try it both ways. Or you could use the FPC in my codes and move the minusery/pf folder to the normal private/wii/app/RSBE/pf folder, then copy the pack's files over them.

Thanks for all the help. I did just that. I used your file patch code and css and moved the contents of the minusery to private. (merging it with your pack)

Everything now runs and plays great except that clone characters freeze the game when it goes to the victory screen. I tried disabling the custom sound codes and victory screen theme codes but it still happens none the less. I've also played your pack alone and this didn't happen, so either I accidentally copied over something I shouldn't have (no idea what that might be though) or there is still a code conflict somewhere. (I'm not sure if any of the brawl minus codes affect the victory screen)

Sorry, my video tutorial wasn't explanatory enough on that subject. File patch 3.5.1b only fixes a bug where common being replaced causes problems.

Brawl ex can only read from private because bx_fighter is hard coded to read that directory. I can experiment changing that directory if you want?

Oh, that was your tutorial? No worries, the video is quite thorough and informative as it is.

Thanks, but that isn't necessary I think. Moving the minusery to private seems to work. Since you are more familiar with brawl minus do you have any ideas about solving the problem above?

I think brawl minus has a custom victory screen, because when I complete a game with two non-clone characters it looks different than when I have played with ShinF's pack before.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2229 on: February 07, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

Thanks for all the help. I did just that. I used your file patch code and css and moved the contents of the minusery to private. (merging it with your pack)

Everything now runs and plays great except that clone characters freeze the game when it goes to the victory screen. I tried disabling the custom sound codes and victory screen theme codes but it still happens none the less. I've also played your pack alone and this didn't happen, so either I accidentally copied over something I shouldn't have (no idea what that might be though) or there is still a code conflict somewhere. (I'm not sure if any of the brawl minus codes affect the victory screen)

Oh, that was your tutorial? No worries, the video is quite thorough and informative as it is.

Thanks, but that isn't necessary I think. Moving the minusery to private seems to work. Since you are more familiar with brawl minus do you have any ideas about solving the problem above?

I think brawl minus has a custom victory screen, because when I complete a game with two non-clone characters it looks different than when I have played with ShinF's pack before.
    The victory screen crashes are caused by a lack of result franchise icons. Dropping the MiscData[30] from the pack into the STGRESULT for Minus should do the trick.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2230 on: February 07, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »

I have a group of friends who are the same. Oh, the sweet, sweet reactions I'll be getting from them when they see what's now possible ~

Ah, yes - my pack has a custom victory screen because I added franchise marks to some characters. They have to be added to it for it to work. Now, you said you merged minusery with my pack? Their results screen may have replaced mine. Try copying the stage folder from my pack again.

Edit: Ninja'd.
    The victory screen crashes are caused by a lack of result franchise icons. Dropping the MiscData[30] from the pack into the STGRESULT for Minus should do the trick.
    This might work, too.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2231 on: February 07, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »

That's going to be an interesting party.
    Wonder how many of them will be in shock?
    Will post the results. sadly no camera to record. but will tell the gyst of it. besides at these parties is when i get the best PSA result data. seeing how i've got many circumstances to test it one.

also, reducing the filesize on the Sc_selcharacter can be taxing. i had to replace all the tiny 32X32 icons with invisible 4X4 ones to save on filesize. i am no where near to the limit. i just like being sure.

FQuintanilla14
    Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2232 on: February 07, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »

How do I delete the random slot? Do I need it?

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2233 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »

Hey Nebulon.
    Does changing the CSP's, BP's, names, etc. of your pack cause crashing?

I want to try to replace one or 2 characters.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2234 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:28 PM »

How do I delete the random slot? Do I need it?
    Oh you need it. unless you want to be stuck on the css and not be able to select opponents

Pages:  1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: