The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 15, 2014, 03:50:10 AM
Holy crap! PhantomWings you are a god!

Did you manage to fix team battle matches yet?
Quote from: Readmev1.1.4.0

- Fixed a gamebreaking bug involving
  team battle character portraits.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



I still see a bug with windows xp from this BrawlEx tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8x6g7ccg6k72rvf/BrawlEx+Clone+Tool+%28beta%29.zip

It would be nice if it worked for Windows XP

Quote from: Segtendo on February 15, 2014, 12:39:59 AM
Erm. That was one of the first things he fixed. I reported it.

Still doesn't work for me on XP.

But holy crap PW, you are awesome!

February 15, 2014, 04:16:51 AM #2524 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:21:08 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
I assme we dont need to edit the random part of the config if we change the last id to 29, and remove the existing 29 id


Wait so I don't need the css code that we usally use?

All I need is FPC 3.5.1b?

Quote from: youngsora1 on February 15, 2014, 04:00:24 AM
I still see a bug with windows xp from this BrawlEx tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8x6g7ccg6k72rvf/BrawlEx+Clone+Tool+%28beta%29.zip

It would be nice if it worked for Windows XP

i'll compile a new version real soon that will hopefully fix the issue :P



February 15, 2014, 04:33:28 AM #2529 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:42:04 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: ShinF on February 15, 2014, 03:46:30 AM
Question: What do we need to do to get this to work with sc_selcharacters other than the one that was included, or will it only work with that one? I replaced the MenSelChrPose files in my sc_selcharacter with the ones included in the resources folder for mine, but it didn't work, and I couldn't find a place for MiscData[13] to go.

The MenSelChrPos files simply add the extra bones and animation frames needed to bind the extra 50 icons to. The main part of the mod is in MiscData[13] - sora_menu_sel_char.rel. It needs to go in Common3.pac. If you aren't already changing anything in Common3.pac, you can just use the one that's already in the Core Files directory as is.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 15, 2014, 04:16:51 AM
I assme we dont need to edit the random part of the config if we change the last id to 29, and remove the existing 29 id


With the BrawlEx CSS Expansion, Random can go anywhere you want it. As long as you don't add it to the Random roster, you don't run the risk of random selecting itself which is what originally caused the occasional crash when placing Random anywhere besides in the last position.

That being said, you will need to add your ExCharacters into the Random roster if you want them to be selected by choosing Random.

February 15, 2014, 04:41:50 AM #2530 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:54:54 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: PhantomWings on February 15, 2014, 04:33:28 AM
With the BrawlEx CSS Expansion, Random can go anywhere you want it. As long as you don't add it to the Random roster, you don't run the risk of random selecting itself which is what caused the occasional crash when placing Random anywhere besides in the last position (using the Custom CSS code that is).

That being said, you will need to add your ExCharacters into the Random roster if you want them to be selected by choosing Random.
wow makes perfect sense...



Question: How does the CSS Roster config file work? Do I need to add the 8 slots that I got from ASF's BrawlEx pack for it to work? Also, is there a way to edit the ID in that file?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


February 15, 2014, 04:53:47 AM #2532 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:54:54 AM by ShadowSnake
Now we just need figure out how to add new soundbanks, get them to work in tourney mode, add KO count data for the clones, and get more brawlex modules to use then this clone engine should be pretty much perfect. :P

PhantomWings you just single handedly turned Brawl into 3d Mugen. You stretched Brawl modding's limits way past what any of us would ever deem possible.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


February 15, 2014, 04:54:28 AM #2533 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:57:13 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Segtendo on February 15, 2014, 04:52:34 AM
Question: How does the CSS Roster config file work? Do I need to add the 8 slots that I got from ASF's BrawlEx pack for it to work? Also, is there a way to edit the ID in that file?
yes
first add more characters
than
double click on the id number, initially it gives u 00 mario, edit it to your new character id and it will
give u the new character name...

@PW
1 more thing:

Since u fixed the team colors deal,
when adding more costumes to characters,
i.e. giving dem the cbliss effect,
is there anything special we need to do?

February 15, 2014, 04:56:02 AM #2534 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:02:13 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 15, 2014, 04:41:50 AM
wow makes perfect sense...


1 more thing:

Since u fixed the team colors deal,
when adding more costumes to characters,
i.e. giving dem the cbliss effect,
is there anything special we need to do?

I'm going to update my cBliss stock files, but until then just know that the first two digits for a costume (IE, the ones I said were mostly for organizational purposes) determine the team colors. 00 is for Red team, 01 is for Blue team and 03 is for Green team, I believe. So, if you wanted fighter file 01 to be red, the numbers you would use would be 0001, the first 00 determines it's red team, the second determines which costume file it loads. For green team to be costume 02, it would be 0302 and for blue team to load from costume 3, it would be 0103.

Any other set of those first 2 numbers paired with costumes is purely for organizational purposes, so they can be anything. I'm not sure if having the same number twice can cause conflicts or not, it's something I'll have to test.

02000001 03020103 04040505 06060707
08080909 0C000000 00000000 00000000

^ I believe that should give them proper team colors assigned to 01, 02 and 03 as red, green and blue. I'm going to be testing it in a sec as soon as I copy it to all my files. Of course, if you don't care which costume is assigned to which team, you could just use my current files. (I've already verified that they work)

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!