The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 16, 2014, 03:21:52 AM


Characters Planned for v0.9
Rosalina


I have a working Rosalina clone, with cosmetics. No freezes, just missing announcer call and sounds. I can upload it for you if you'd like

February 16, 2014, 03:41:49 AM #2626 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:15:13 AM by ShadowSnake
Do we need to add any codes for the independent pokemon, sheik/zelda, samus/zss or do we just add config files for them? I see they are encoded into the cssRoster file but they don't show up. (I haven't added config files yet.)

EDIT: Oh they were just written into the random css, i see.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 16, 2014, 03:37:30 AM
Did you forget to put the custom Cosmetics back? :P Only thing I can think of.

Even without having a clone set up, it freezes hovering over almost all the characters. i can hover over the top row, until i hit marth. then freeze..

So... in the expansion is there a way to switch the Zelda icon back to Zelda/Sheik? I tried to switch to Sheik from the Zelda CSP and it just changes the costume. I'd really prefer that over the separate Sheik Icon because I've had problems in the past where people pick a Sheik costume when someone else picks the same Zelda costume, then someone's costume gets swapped off the one they chose.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

February 16, 2014, 04:14:24 AM #2629 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:15:41 AM by Doqtor Kirby
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 16, 2014, 03:37:42 AM
I have a working Rosalina clone, with cosmetics. No freezes, just missing announcer call and sounds. I can upload it for you if you'd like
Great! Let's see it. :) [and I can do the announcer call myself]


February 16, 2014, 04:52:44 AM #2631 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:11:44 AM by ShadowSnake
I successfully added ZSS, Sheik, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle to the roster. No codes were needed, i just hexed them into the CSSRoster.dat and added their config files.

However it is not allowing me to go past 50, it cuts off the characters who are past 50. I added the clones in CSSRoster.dat, the common3.pac and the sel_character.pac model and animation into the sel_character.pac. I'm using ASF1nk's pack as a basis. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Never mind I forgot to take the CSS icon count into account when i edited the hex of the file. Now my roster has a 53 characters and it looks awesome!

It looks like i might be one of the first ones to get all the seperate characters working and have over 50 characters. :P
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 16, 2014, 04:52:44 AM
I successfully added ZSS, Sheik, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle to the roster. No codes were needed, i just hexed them into the CSSRoster.dat and added their config files.

However it is not allowing me to go past 50, it cuts off the characters who are past 50. I added the clones in CSSRoster.dat, the common3.pac and the sel_character.pac model and animation into the sel_character.pac. I'm using ASF1nk's pack as a basis. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Never mind I forgot to take the CSS icon count into account when i edited the hex of the file. Now my roster has a 53 characters and it looks awesome!

It looks like i might be one of the first ones to get all the seperate characters working and have over 50 characters. :P
how did you edit your CSS Icon count is that in the chr0 of the charactericon

February 16, 2014, 05:37:19 AM #2633 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:39:04 AM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: OmegaS3 on February 16, 2014, 05:15:06 AM
how did you edit your CSS Icon count is that in the chr0 of the charactericon

No it's in the CSSRoster.dat, it increases it automatically when you add characters via the brawlex configuration tool. But to add Sheik, ZSS and the seperate Pokemon you will have to manually hex them in the file like I did and then increase the count manually. It's easy, it just through me off a little bit, the CSSRoster.dat works very very similarly to spunit's code.



The highlighted part is where the css icon count is, again you ONLY need to increase it manually when adding the Sheik, ZSS, or the Pokemon. It is done automatically when you add clones in the brawlex configuration program

The first cluster of hex data is the css and the second cluster is the random select.

If any of you want to rearrange your clones then editing this is how you would do it.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


You know, you can edit the CSSRoster in the latest Config Tool ;)

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 16, 2014, 05:37:19 AM
No it's in the CSSRoster.dat, it increases it automatically when you add characters via the brawlex configuration tool. But to add Sheik, ZSS and the seperate Pokemon you will have to manually hex them in the file like I did and then increase the count manually. It's easy, it just through me off a little bit, the CSSRoster.dat works very very similarly to spunit's code.



The highlighted part is where the css icon count is, again you ONLY need to increase it manually when adding the Sheik, ZSS, or the Pokemon. It is done automatically when you add clones in the brawlex configuration program

The first cluster of hex data is the css and the second cluster is the random select.

If any of you want to rearrange your clones then editing this is how you would do it.
I just need to know how to expand my roster past 50. I already have all of the pokemon and everything.

February 16, 2014, 05:43:33 AM #2636 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:44:51 AM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 16, 2014, 05:38:26 AM
You know, you can edit the CSSRoster in the latest Config Tool ;)

Yeah i know, but you can't add sheik, zss, or the pokemon in the program from what i experienced. So you have to hex them into the file, plus you can't reorganize the roster in the program, that can only be achieved in hex editing.

Quote from: OmegaS3 on February 16, 2014, 05:41:26 AM
I just need to know how to expand my roster past 50. I already have all of the pokemon and everything.

Just add past 50 in the program and it should show up on the roster, the roster changes drastically when you add it lol, the icons are small but will be able to hold 100 characters. Assuming you have the common3.pac, the mdl0 and the chr0 files added/inserted.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Oh, and Doctoq Kirby, ignore the metaknight, peach,rob, and ice climbers files. I forgot to remove them

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 16, 2014, 05:43:33 AM
Yeah i know, but you can't add sheik, zss, or the pokemon in the program from what i experienced. So you have to hex them into the file, plus you can't reorganize the roster in the program, that can only be achieved in hex editing.

Just add past 50 in the program and it should show up on the roster, the roster changes drastically when you add it lol, the icons are small but will be able to hold 100 characters. Assuming you have the common3.pac, the mdl0 and the chr0 files added/inserted.

Okay so I'm just about to put in a bunch of characters and I wanted to confirm something. I can't change the icon position with the CSS.dat? As in, I can't put Mario last and Link first? etc? Because it would appear as simple as just replacing the 00 for Mario with whatever you've got in your last spot. Also, Where do I put the "resources" files that were in CSSBX?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 16, 2014, 05:48:53 AM
Oh, and Doctoq Kirby, ignore the metaknight, peach,rob, and ice climbers files. I forgot to remove them
was gonna say, It's a little big to be just Rosalina.