The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

you should watch one of the my video tutorials in the OP if your new to the Clone Engine :P the game Loads the brawlEx files through a custom Module PW made. called bx_fighters.rel

The bx_fighter.rel is loaded into the game through common2.pac. You have to also set the costumes in the fighter configs, as well as CSSSlotConfig.dat. Unless your using Shinf's pack

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 19, 2014, 11:47:07 PM
you should watch one of the my video tutorials in the OP if your new to the Clone Engine :P the game Loads the brawlEx files through a custom Module PW made. called bx_fighters.rel

The bx_fighter.rel is loaded into the game through common2.pac. You have to also set the costumes in the fighter configs, as well as CSSSlotConfig.dat. Unless your using Shinf's pack

Such basic stuff should be written down in the OP (and also linked to the necessary files)...
I believe this info was all avaliable in the OP at first but now is gone? :P
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on February 20, 2014, 12:19:12 AM
Such basic stuff should be written down in the OP (and also linked to the necessary files)...
I believe this info was all avaliable in the OP at first but now is gone? :P


the files are all in the download for BrawlEx? inside core files. :o The costume related info was never in the OP though

Quote from: shadowXtreme on February 19, 2014, 11:09:04 PM
If you use an  image to load brawl ex, that is, If you replace common2 original file with brawlEX common2, you will get a huge black screen, this is because the way that brawlEx is injected, i mean by common2.

A new way to inject brawlEx stuff is needed in order to allow a succesful brawlEX image,  and I am personally waiting for that, because right now, Dants Alternate Stage Loader is not compatible with BrawlEx,  being the  previous fact also because of the way BrawlEx injects in common2

In summary of all the things I wrote before, BrawlEX can only be loaded through SD right now..

Well this is a bonus, In the past I had troubles with black screen issues using brawlEx, even using AXNextFrame option, but then I updated UsbloaderGX to the last, and I updated all my CIOS to the last ones, and that problem dissapeared,.

Well, the problem I'm having is that I keep crashing at the Now Loading screen (just past the strap), and I figured it's due to how it's not finding the right file on the SD card in time.

My thinking was if I replaced common2 (as common2_en), that it would read the file off the 'disc' instead of the SD card if it couldn't find it in time.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 20, 2014, 12:31:32 AM
the files are all in the download for BrawlEx? inside core files. :o The costume related info was never in the OP though

Guess I was wrong. My bad.

But well, I have just finished watching the video. Turns out it's simple enough, but I haven't managed to get it to work. :P

After the game is turned on, it stays blacked out, as it is supposed to be for ten seconds or so, but in the end it never leaves that screen. I don't know if it's a file that is missing or the hooktype (that I don't know how to change in USBLoaderGX). I'm guessing there are other things that could be influencing it, but I have no clue.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


By the looks of it, you can't change the hook type in USB Loader GX.
Configurable USB Loader can. Each game can load a different hook.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on February 20, 2014, 01:33:10 AM
By the looks of it, you can't change the hook type in USB Loader GX.
Configurable USB Loader can. Each game can load a different hook.
I can confirm the hooktype can be changed in usbloaderGx, it's under the load options with everything else, it's my personal loader of choice.

I just did a quick Google search. Glad you could prove me wrong :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Well this is odd, I finished a match and the game had a silent freeze before the results screen (I'm guessing I was missing files), anyways now anytime I try to load the game it freezes at a black screen right after the loading screen and before the opening video plays :s any ideas on what happened?

I think it's save file corruption, same thing happened to me before.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Yeah, I think they don't update the newest version of usbloadergx on their main page either. I remember frequently getting it from a page on their google code site where people would address glitches and errors and stuff. Mind you I haven't updated in a long time since the version I'm on has worked flawlessly for everything I've needed, so I don't know if that's changed since or what.

if it freezes on the strap menu try turning off your wii and try again, it shouldn't freeze again, thats what I did
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 20, 2014, 02:16:33 AM
I think it's save file corruption, same thing happened to me before.
yeah it was corrupted, thanks!



An interesting little tidbit I wanted to share. The Subspace CSS seems to be modified a little, with Snake and Sonic being pushed up above the top row, the top row itself being cut off, and three BrawlEx slots being shoved in there. When I tried them, all three slots were Cloud (CSS ID #43). Nothing froze hen I beat the level with him, though. Has anyone made a Custom Subspace CSS code in case we want to use the clones in a little co-op action?
Something remixed this way comes...

i think the clone engine was never meant to be used on non-brawl mode...