The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 26, 2014, 05:32:25 AM #3255 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:33:42 AM by ShadowSnake
So I am experiencing a very rare and strange glitch, I recently added a few new clones (56-5A)

I haven't given any cosmetics to any of the new clones I added yet and all the clones work except 58 (Dark Link) it's not that he doesn't load it is that he freezes when i select him. I have never had this happen before, what causes this freeze?

I have remade his config files and module 3 times with no fixes, I don't know what I am missing.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


February 26, 2014, 05:33:09 AM #3256 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:27:09 AM by Brstmguy
Yeah I'm meaning the way it was in 2012-2013

Could the problem be caused by something in my Common2 and or 3? do i have to go in there and do something as well?

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 26, 2014, 05:32:25 AM
So I am experiencing a very rare and strange glitch, I recently added a few new clones (56-5A)

I haven't given any cosmetics to any of the new clones I added yet and all the clones work except 58 (Dark Link) it's not that he doesn't load it is that he freezes when i select him. I have never had this happen before, what causes this freeze?

I have remade his config files and module 3 times with no fixes, I don't know what I am missing.

Pretty sure someone mentioned  Dark Link not working earlier in the thread, so it seems to be unique to that particular PSA for some strange reason.

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 26, 2014, 06:00:30 AM
Could the problem be caused by something in my Common2 and or 3? do i have to go in there and do something as well?

No you don't need to change those, but did you add PW's .mdl0 and .chr0 to your selcharacter.pac?

Quote from: Strange Matter on February 26, 2014, 06:42:49 AM
Pretty sure someone mentioned  Dark Link not working earlier in the thread, so it seems to be unique to that particular PSA for some strange reason.

I'll swap it out with a different PSA and see if that works, thank you for the information.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I have been having the same problems with slot 58 but just figured it wasn't useable. Has anyone actually gotten this slot to work?

Quote from: Chaos Phoenix on February 26, 2014, 07:02:27 AM
I have been having the same problems with slot 58 but just figured it wasn't useable. Has anyone actually gotten this slot to work?

I just tried regular Link's moveset over 58 and it still froze when i selected it.

It must be a glitch with BrawlEx, PhantomWings probably mis-patched something for slot 58 somewhere. 59 and 5A work on my part so I will just try Dark Link on 5B and see if that works.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 26, 2014, 06:52:42 AM
No you don't need to change those, but did you add PW's .mdl0 and .chr0 to your selcharacter.pac?

Yeah, i looked for where they go and replaced them. should also note that when i saved it said something about being out of reach and aborted the save to which i saved it anyways

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 26, 2014, 07:11:35 AM
I just tried regular Link's moveset over 58 and it still froze when i selected it.

It must be a glitch with BrawlEx, PhantomWings probably mis-patched something for slot 58 somewhere. 59 and 5A work on my part so I will just try Dark Link on 5B and see if that works.
yeah slot 58 is bugged, nebulon also had to skipp slot 58 on his pac for some reason it doesnt work.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 26, 2014, 05:32:25 AM
So I am experiencing a very rare and strange glitch, I recently added a few new clones (56-5A)

I haven't given any cosmetics to any of the new clones I added yet and all the clones work except 58 (Dark Link) it's not that he doesn't load it is that he freezes when i select him. I have never had this happen before, what causes this freeze?

I have remade his config files and module 3 times with no fixes, I don't know what I am missing.

58 wouldn't work for me either. :/ I have no idea why mine didn't work, I just skipped it.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

i can also confirm 58 not working. before my problems now i was in the 60's and the 58th one was basically a glitched mario. like when i hovered above the icon it moved me to another. but know that i know its actually doesnt work ill just skip it once i work my way back up the ladder

February 26, 2014, 09:51:06 AM #3266 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:55:34 PM by Carnage
so either brawl has something hidden on the 58 slot or the brawlex codding has a bug when assigning the 58, only PW can respond to this tough.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Brstmguy on February 26, 2014, 05:33:09 AM
Yeah I'm meaning the way it was in 2012-2013

This is a pointless side discussion, which I hope I can end with this post after reading those awfully vague replies you put up.

That method can't and won't end. You still need the original characters files to make any Psa, texture or animation edits for the clone. Its always been that way, BrawlEx or not.

All BrawlEx is doing is aside from adding all those 100 characters is (in my case) making everything organized. Now I know that my Hector PSA is in a folder called "hector" and not "pikmin" and that my Roy is in a folder called "roy" not "diddy".

BrawlEx gives us the answer to the age old question: "What character can I keep?" by answering "Why not both?"

*insert trumpet fanfare*


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

a question, can we insert our own Victory Fanfare to our clones yet?

pretty much everything I have seen can be insert to customize it, but I havent seen it yet o.o
Stupid Tinypic :C

February 26, 2014, 04:21:42 PM #3269 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:22:42 PM by KidCraft24
i'm also curious if and how we can change a clones crowd chant. Is it something to do with the characters sound bank id that's edited in the fighter config or or is it something that can be hex edited in one of their other config files.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users