The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 09, 2014, 06:49:49 AM
u mean the specific sawnd file?
or the whole smashbros brsar?
are u using IE's sound code?

How do you guys make that code work flawlessly?
I can't.
Whenever I include a sawnd file, many other SFX get messed up and sound either horrible, like a fart, or do not sound at all but freeze the game.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 09, 2014, 04:51:50 PM
How do you guys make that code work flawlessly?
I can't.
Whenever I include a sawnd file, many other SFX get messed up and sound either horrible, like a fart, or do not sound at all but freeze the game.
It's over filesize limit. Remember that most character-sounds have a sample rate of either 22050 of 32000. That makes a big difference in filesize.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on March 09, 2014, 05:01:54 PM
It's over filesize limit. Remember that most character-sounds have a sample rate of either 22050 of 32000. That makes a big difference in filesize.

I'm talking about OTHER SFX in the game (not yet hacked).
The hacked ones work perfectly.
But others are messed up.

Ex: I want to have Shadow or Master Chief SFX. When I include the sawnd file, the Announcer SFX become messed up.
And I haven't hacked the Announcer SFX yet.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 09, 2014, 05:06:04 PM
I'm talking about OTHER SFX in the game (not yet hacked).
The hacked ones work perfectly.
But others are messed up.

Ex: I want to have Shadow or Master Chief SFX. When I include the sawnd file, the Announcer SFX become messed up.
And I haven't hacked the Announcer SFX yet.
It shouldn't modify other parts of the BRSAR unless the .sawnd is suppoded to modify that part. Are you naming them correctly? [ By Group ID, i.e. Mario's is 8 and Fox's is 17 ]

Quote from: SilverBaretta on March 09, 2014, 04:25:18 AM
CSS Organizer gave me a negative index error when i tried opening my sc_selcharacter, if that's of any use.

I can confirm this. Now to figure out how to position it through the CHR0 animation...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hey, I'm following the video tutorial link and it told me to go into BrawlEx -> ExModules and not all the characters show up. Only Ike, Kirby copy, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Pikmin, Pit, Snake, Sonic, and Wolf. I tried re-downloading the file and the same few characters popped up.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on March 09, 2014, 05:10:28 PM
It shouldn't modify other parts of the BRSAR unless the .sawnd is suppoded to modify that part. Are you naming them correctly? [ By Group ID, i.e. Mario's is 8 and Fox's is 17 ]

Yes.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 09, 2014, 05:18:40 PM
Hey, I'm following the video tutorial link and it told me to go into BrawlEx -> ExModules and not all the characters show up. Only Ike, Kirby copy, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Pikmin, Pit, Snake, Sonic, and Wolf. I tried re-downloading the file and the same few characters popped up.

Only some characters have ExModules they are still being worked on.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on March 09, 2014, 05:33:55 PM
Only some characters have ExModules they are still being worked on.
So can I still clone other characters, or just these?

Quote from: NinjaDude6040 on March 09, 2014, 05:37:11 PM
So can I still clone other characters, or just these?

Just the ones in the download. There's also a Captain Falcon module in the thread somewhere, and some Ness PSAs will work with a Lucas ExModule (In particular, Mega Man and Avatar Ness are known to work.)

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on March 09, 2014, 05:39:11 PM
Just the ones in the download. There's also a Captain Falcon module in the thread somewhere, and some Ness PSAs will work with a Lucas ExModule (In particular, Mega Man and Avatar Ness are known to work.)
Alright, thanks

Were do I put my smashbros_sound? It doesn't seem to load in pf/sound

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

...
You need the Replacement Soundbank Engine code. You extract the .sawnd files from the BRSAR and place it in pf\sfx.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 09, 2014, 06:38:37 PM #3808 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:44:33 PM by Xero874
Oh... Thanks.

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 06:44:33 PM

How do you get a .sawnd from Brawlbox?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04