The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 17, 2014, 05:04:18 PM #4230 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:07:33 PM by ShinF
Actually, I'm positive that 99% of that is PSA, because using the PM Mario in vBrawl or BrawlEx as well as his soundbank (for the pill sfx) will still give him the PM Dr. Mario Pills on costumes 7 and above. The only difference is that Dr. Mario's Cape sticks to his hand after he's supposed to put it away. I believe this is because they replace FLUDD with it so it could have different colors on each costume.

KingEvilpuff has made PM alts with effects like that before, so I'm sure he'd know if it's possible in vBrawl.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on March 17, 2014, 05:04:18 PM
Actually, I'm positive that 99% of that is PSA, because using the PM Mario in vBrawl or BrawlEx as well as his soundbank (for the pill sfx) will still give him the PM Dr. Mario Pills on costumes 7 and above. The only difference is that Dr. Mario's Cape sticks to his hand after he's supposed to put it away. I believe this is because they replace FLUDD with it so it could have different colors on each costume.

KingEvilpuff has made PM alts with effects like that before, so I'm sure he'd know if it's possible in vBrawl.
are you sure they didnt edit in hex the fitmario.pac to work like sonic does? if its all psa i would like to know how to that in psa since it would be preety cool imo.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 17, 2014, 05:10:41 PM
are you sure they didnt edit in hex the fitmario.pac to work like sonic does? if its all psa i would like to know how to that in psa since it would be preety cool imo.
Hmm, it might be. I hadn't thought about that. It's likely that with Mario, there is a bit of hexing for the modified article. But at the very least, I know that it's possible to edit the effects for the costumes in PSA, (like the thunder effect on his Side-Smash, for instance, and sound effects) because I've done that while trying to remove the pill from all but one costume. However, even though I was able to add back the fire flags to the other costumes and change back to the fire sfx for all but the one I wanted, I was never able to change the pill itself. I would guess it's because the fireball/pill is an article.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

ppl its actually easy to make a costume have diferent hitboxes and effects :S there is LA basic 54 which is the costume id so you can make any costume load his or her own hitboxes and gfxs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 17, 2014, 05:37:03 PM #4234 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:38:56 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Carnage on March 17, 2014, 05:33:21 PM
ppl its actually easy to make a costume have diferent hitboxes and effects :S there is LA basic 54 which is the costume id so you can make any costume load his or her own hitboxes and gfxs
Oh... really? Well, I feel like a noob. -_-; Then again, when it comes to PSA, I suppose I am. I didn't know different costume effects were commonly known how to do since I didn't see them much.

Hey, if it's hexed then it would probably show up somewhere in OpenSA, right?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on March 17, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
Oh... really? Well, I feel like a noob. -_-; Then again, when it comes to PSA, I suppose I am. I didn't know different costume effects were commonly known how to do since I didn't see them much.

Hey, if it's hexed then it would probably show up somewhere in OpenSA, right?
i also never head of that variable but i serached it on opensa and its there lol so its actually easy.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's not Hex. It's a PSA If Command.

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on December 20, 2013, 04:53:06 PM
If you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIf


For the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.

Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.

Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Carnage on March 17, 2014, 05:33:21 PM
ppl its actually easy to make a costume have diferent hitboxes and effects :S there is LA basic 54 which is the costume id so you can make any costume load his or her own hitboxes and gfxs

That's what I was trying to say...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Glad somebody explained this lol. I was gonna, but figured somebody else would. On a side note..is anybody here actually interested in custom SSE? As in 100% custom levels? (Think NSMB Wii modding) I'm just gauging interest since I'm working on mapping the adventure files.

(Incidentally I also from mapping some of these files discovered how to edit boss' movesets in PSA. Actually any enemy, but you get the point...tabuus move set file has 1,200 or more actions.....

Brawl ex related info: I haven't been working on BrawlEx stuff Because one of the projects I'm working on has a strict deadline coming up really fast. I haven't started a new module yet, but ROB will likely be the first I do. As for my tool, its updates have also been halted due to this. (But the next update will implement saving! As well as fix the last of the bugs and add support for advanced settings)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 17, 2014, 08:02:22 PM
Glad somebody explained this lol. I was gonna, but figured somebody else would. On a side note..is anybody here actually interested in custom SSE? As in 100% custom levels? (Think NSMB Wii modding) I'm just gauging interest since I'm working on mapping the adventure files.

(Incidentally I also from mapping some of these files discovered how to edit boss' movesets in PSA. Actually any enemy, but you get the point...tabuus move set file has 1,200 or more actions.....

Brawl ex related info: I haven't been working on BrawlEx stuff Because one of the projects I'm working on has a strict deadline coming up really fast. I haven't started a new module yet, but ROB will likely be the first I do. As for my tool, its updates have also been halted due to this. (But the next update will implement saving! As well as fix the last of the bugs and add support for advanced settings)
Oh, wow, that's all really cool! Yeah, I'd be interested in custom SSE maps, especially if we could get BrawlEx characters playing in it.

And that's awesome how you're learning Boss editing, as well!

I understand having short deadlines, so take your time with it :P There's no rush.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

My roster is now at the point where there is, I believe, 14 icons in each row. Adding Snoopy's Villager next.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


A custom SSE sounds great!

Also does anyone know how to use Ex characters in SSE or it's impossible?

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 17, 2014, 08:02:22 PM
Glad somebody explained this lol. I was gonna, but figured somebody else would. On a side note..is anybody here actually interested in custom SSE? As in 100% custom levels? (Think NSMB Wii modding) I'm just gauging interest since I'm working on mapping the adventure files.

(Incidentally I also from mapping some of these files discovered how to edit boss' movesets in PSA. Actually any enemy, but you get the point...tabuus move set file has 1,200 or more actions.....

Brawl ex related info: I haven't been working on BrawlEx stuff Because one of the projects I'm working on has a strict deadline coming up really fast. I haven't started a new module yet, but ROB will likely be the first I do. As for my tool, its updates have also been halted due to this. (But the next update will implement saving! As well as fix the last of the bugs and add support for advanced settings)
tabuu has 1200 actions? jesus lol, well i never actually replayed the sse, just once to unlock all chars and that was it :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 17, 2014, 10:03:31 PM #4243 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:59:29 PM by Albafika
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
can anyone figure out any of those codes

Mother of god.
Put that in a code tag
It made me lag a little.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]