The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the98pika on March 20, 2014, 03:45:32 AM
I can't seem to make the CSPs, CSS icons, etc to work for Brawlex...I tried to do what the tutorial said in the OP but still no changes at all. (trying to have tabuu CSPs CSS icons to work over ganondorf) Here's the link to my files if anyone wants to help me it would be awesome:  https://www.mediafire.com/?knxnh3ifanz0wo5

I also changed something inthe cosmetic file in hexedit like in the tutorial but I don't know if that's for dolphin only or something...

Do you have the Rel file? If no, go into your Brawl Clone engine tool folder from PhantomWings and into ExModules. Everything else seems okay. Though, you do need a CSSslotconfig file, a Slotconfig file, and a fighterconfig file. Unless you do, but it's not in your zip lol
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking so many unrelated questions, is CSS Organizer 2.0 still the way to go about creating custom character select screens, or have there been any new methods since then that I've missed?

Quote from: Lateralus on March 20, 2014, 04:44:41 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking so many unrelated questions, is CSS Organizer 2.0 still the way to go about creating custom character select screens, or have there been any new methods since then that I've missed?
There are better ways, I think. Like editing the CSS from its natural files, as well as with the Brawlex Clone engine, you can ADD slots, and in a more easier manner.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 20, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
There are better ways, I think. Like editing the CSS from its natural files, as well as with the Brawlex Clone engine, you can ADD slots, and in a more easier manner.

I understand adding slots and what not, but as far as placement and rotations and translations and stuff goes, am I better off just doing it withing the CSS files or using CSS Organizer?

So can this work on Riivolution?
Kik is the fastest way to contact me if you have questions.
Username: KyuRainX

Quote from: Kyu Rain on March 20, 2014, 07:53:09 PM
So can this work on Riivolution?

The general answer to that is:

It has the capacity to, however it has not been developed. S there's no reason it can't be made to, but it has yet to be made.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 20, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
There are better ways, I think. Like editing the CSS from its natural files, as well as with the Brawlex Clone engine, you can ADD slots, and in a more easier manner.
Yeah I have those 3 files and the Rel. The reason I added the cosmetic file is because I edited it in Hexedit to change 2 numbers.
-

Quote from: Nebulon on March 20, 2014, 08:00:44 PM
The general answer to that is:

It has the capacity to, however it has not been developed. S there's no reason it can't be made to, but it has yet to be made.

Speaking of riivolution, has anybody managed to get passed the loading screen? At first it was just crashing as soon as the game loaded, now it gets to the first loading screen and crashes shortly after. I mean theoretically you just gotta patch the right files right?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: Lateralus on March 20, 2014, 05:05:14 PM
I understand adding slots and what not, but as far as placement and rotations and translations and stuff goes, am I better off just doing it withing the CSS files or using CSS Organizer?
Lol, I'm figuring out some stuff in the SC_Selchar.pac file, which controls the CSS itself, but I'm still not sure how everything works as of yet. The CSS dat file just reorders the icons. The CSS organizer, as I remember, does more. So if you want more, I'd stick with the CSS Organizer.

Quote from: the98pika on March 20, 2014, 09:08:01 PM
Yeah I have those 3 files and the Rel. The reason I added the cosmetic file is because I edited it in Hexedit to change 2 numbers.
Hmm... Are you using Gecko, by chance? If so, have you set the hook type to AXNextframe, or something like that? If you are using a SDHC Card, does Brawl recognize it (Do you have photos, stages, replays on it?)
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 20, 2014, 10:39:04 PM
Lol, I'm figuring out some stuff in the SC_Selchar.pac file, which controls the CSS itself, but I'm still not sure how everything works as of yet. The CSS dat file just reorders the icons. The CSS organizer, as I remember, does more. So if you want more, I'd stick with the CSS Organizer.
I think CSS Organizer doesn't work with CSS Expansion, though, because CSS Expansion increases the number of icons to 100 but CSS Organizer goes up only to 50, though I'm not sure.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

hey sammi, your clone engine tool crashes whenever you change the compression of the Sc_selcharacter.pac to extended LZ77(I was following your custom cosmetic tutorial if you were wondering why I changed that)
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Mr.Doge on March 20, 2014, 10:58:52 PM
hey sammi, your clone engine tool crashes whenever you change the compression of the Sc_selcharacter.pac to extended LZ77(I was following your custom cosmetic tutorial if you were wondering why I changed that)
Edit it in BB v0.71.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

thats what I was using to change it and the clone engine tool still crashes after using extendedLz77 on a Sc_selcharacter.pac. it happned with my own brawlex setup and when I was trying to edit Nebulon's brawlex setup.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: frostymm on March 20, 2014, 09:50:31 PM
Speaking of riivolution, has anybody managed to get passed the loading screen? At first it was just crashing as soon as the game loaded, now it gets to the first loading screen and crashes shortly after. I mean theoretically you just gotta patch the right files right?

I got all the way to the CSS with a BrawlEx XML i made, but sadly there was nothing there, not even vBrawl chars. The whole screen was... blank, but it wasn't froze either.

Quote from: ShinF on March 20, 2014, 10:51:22 PM
I think CSS Organizer doesn't work with CSS Expansion, though, because CSS Expansion increases the number of icons to 100 but CSS Organizer goes up only to 50, though I'm not sure.
Really? That might be true. I was assuming that he was just using the CSS Organizer without using the CSS Expansion part of the Clone Engine, since he asked which one was a better fit for him to use.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.