The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xero874 on March 27, 2014, 03:57:52 AM
Hey guys, recently my main PC has ran down, now I'm on my secondary Linux laptop, and I was wondering. Is there anyway to use BrawlBox and the Clone tool on Linux?

You might be able to use Wine or Virtual Box, but I wouldn't know for sure.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

March 27, 2014, 04:00:05 AM #4561 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:08:47 AM by ShinF
They can run in Wine as long as you install the .NET 4.0 framework in it. It works for my Mac and I'm pretty sure it works for Linux. In fact, I think there's a tutorial around here for it. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Edit: I could have sworn there was a thread for Mac and Linux instructions, but I can only seem to find the Mac ones.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

:kirby: Did somebody say... Linux? :happy:

Check your distribution's package manager for packages called wine (in some it might be wine-1.7) and winetricks. DL .NET FROM WINETRICKS, not from M$, and install. Should work then.

Basically I'm telling you the same thing the above is, I'm just a Linux user myself. ;)

If you don't know anything I just referred to, just ask. (and you might want to tell me your specific distro too, makes my life easier)

March 27, 2014, 05:15:23 AM #4563 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:17:05 AM by pinipigbomb
Quote from: cbennett2121 on March 27, 2014, 02:47:34 AM
Okay, thanks I will try it.  I tested with a bunch of different character clones, including a few ike ones but not the naruto clone.  As for Kirby being off, that be on the Brawl EX side, which I will check into the effects of single vs none.  As far as I am aware though I thought it was supposed to be on none.

I just ran another test. It's only the Naruto clone that causes the Gulpin freeze.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

well....... anyone got megaman x on peach working? i believe it requires a no-entry code in order to not crash, but so far every single no entry code i've found is not working. does anyone have one that does?

V. 1.00

Just edit the fighter config to not use an entry.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: pinipigbomb on March 27, 2014, 05:15:23 AM
I just ran another test. It's only the Naruto clone that causes the Gulpin freeze.

Then the problem is in that Naruto PSA.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on March 27, 2014, 04:10:34 PM
well....... anyone got megaman x on peach working? i believe it requires a no-entry code in order to not crash, but so far every single no entry code i've found is not working. does anyone have one that does?

Megaman X is over Fox but ported to a special Peach Rel. I had issues with him which is why he's not in my pack.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on March 27, 2014, 05:09:25 PM
Megaman X is over Fox but ported to a special Peach Rel. I had issues with him which is why he's not in my pack.

yeah his module appears to be key. HOWEVER, this megaman x does work, and doesnt have the freefall glitch the other does. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29577

anyways, I'm finished my updated pack, it should have no known freezes. if you've downloaded the old one, delete it from your sd and replace it with the new one in my banner

CHANGELOG:
V.1.00
-added alloys raising total characters to 39 out of possible 43 (2 more EX slots and giga bowser and wario man)
-disabled gray fox (now klonoa) and slot 58
-fixed all known freezes(pichu, megaman, megamanx, knuckles, and stages)
-as such, pichu has no motion.pac file (still looks fine, down B is different tho), megamanx and knuckles have different movesets(at least they work)
-fixed random to select from everyone
-added classic stage expansion pack and arwing loading screen
-reorganized the css by franchise kinda
-fixed battle portraits, stages, victory screen names, file names
-added full credits
-added a bunch of alt costumes (mainly recolors) (not for every slot tho)
-added sdhc, unlimited camera, and costume reorganize code

V. 1.00

Nebulon, I noticed that the Shadow you're using in your pack is actually ShadowKong.
I noticed that when I faced Donkey Kong using Shadow.

Why did you use that one?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 27, 2014, 07:39:45 PM
Nebulon, I noticed that the Shadow you're using in your pack is actually ShadowKong.
I noticed that when I faced Donkey Kong using Shadow.

Why did you use that one?

What happened when you fought Donkey Kong? Glitches? It's Lord of Chaos Shadow over Sonic. But the version in my unreleased pack is a fusion of that Shadow and another... Sort of.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: ShinF on March 27, 2014, 12:29:22 AM
Yes, it works. You need to not only delete the stages, but also use the Disable Custom Stages code. It's necessary when using the hackless method.
thank you so mush it helped :D

Quote from: Nebulon on March 27, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
What happened when you fought Donkey Kong? Glitches? It's Lord of Chaos Shadow over Sonic. But the version in my unreleased pack is a fusion of that Shadow and another... Sort of.

Shadow sounds like Donkey Kong when facing him.
And there is one tiny glitch (but it doesn't affect the game): No Emerald when taunting.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 27, 2014, 08:04:47 PM
Shadow sounds like Donkey Kong when facing him.
And there is one tiny glitch (but it doesn't affect the game): No Emerald when taunting.
incase you didnt know, shadowkong is actually a fitsonic.pac renamed, it preates the time where rels existed and some chars worked while simply renamed but that is actually a fitsonic.pac and not a fitdonkey.pac
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 27, 2014, 08:07:03 PM
incase you didnt know, shadowkong is actually a fitsonic.pac renamed, it preates the time where rels existed and some chars worked while simply renamed but that is actually a fitsonic.pac and not a fitdonkey.pac

Then the taunt was a common glitch (just like the spear).
But the fact that it has Donkey Kong's SFX confuses me

Why did he use the Donkey Kong port instead of the original Sonic port?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.