The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 29, 2014, 06:11:10 AM
But he said that they'll only play when going to the SSE.

Different context entirely, I said they'll load in the SSE and not the menu. You can make them load for fighters by using their Fighter Config.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

March 29, 2014, 06:53:42 AM #4621 Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:55:05 AM by HaloFanODST
Quote from: ShinF on March 29, 2014, 06:15:48 AM
Different context entirely, I said they'll load in the SSE and not the menu. You can make them load for fighters by using their Fighter Config.

Ok.
BTW, I still can't get how to make some sounds work.
Like Final Smash and KO's.

They still sound like the original character.
I don't want to have a Shadow who shouts "Now I'll show you!" like Sonic.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 25, 2014, 05:30:04 AM
I know you're done with Brawl hacking, but I need to know, how did you change the SFX IDs?

I know that you can do that with PSA, but there are many sounds I can't change there such as:

Final Smash
Some Smashes
Death sounds
etc...

I need to know since I'm going to make a Master Chief SFX pack with BrawlEx.



I'll use Vergil as an example. He's over Ike but he uses Peaches sound and an Ike rel over Peach.

I changed Vergil psa sfx to peach sfx id's. I added Vergils sound to Peaches sfx. SonicBrawler should know more about it as he helped me understand it.

Quote from: jrush64 on March 29, 2014, 07:03:49 AM

I'll use Vergil as an example. He's over Ike but he uses Peaches sound and an Ike rel over Peach.

I changed Vergil psa sfx to peach sfx id's. I added Vergils sound to Peaches sfx. SonicBrawler should know more about it as he helped me understand it.

The thing is, how?

Those sound IDs can't be changed in PSA, and I still don't get how to change them using Hex Editor.

Isn't there a good Recent tutorial for this?
I've searched a lot, but those are outdated and don't give good information.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

You can change death sounds, hurtsounds, attack sounds, and low voice clips in Tabuu.
Sections/data/misc/soundData/SoundDataList/SFX?

In the property pane on the right you'll find 'value'. Thats the infoIndex of the sound in smashbros_sound.brsar. Finding what is what takes a bit of digging around. just go into the smashbros_sound stuff for that chara (either se or vc) and look for that info index. You'll be able to tell if whats what at that point.

Then at the top of that property window in Tabuu, note the 'File offset'. open your characters PSA in a hex editor and goto that address. Then from there you need to search for the value (since the offset tabuu gives you isn't an absolute address and i don't feel like doing mathy stuff to explain it). To find the value to search, right click on the SFX? entry in tabuu, and click 'open hex view' then search for THAT value in the hex editor. Then to replace the sound it's only a matter of finding a sound you want, converting the info index in BBox to hex, then typing that in over the old value.

Now if you open it in tabuu and the value changed, GOOD JOB! you've successfully changed that sound.


Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 29, 2014, 07:07:10 AM
The thing is, how?

Those sound IDs can't be changed in PSA, and I still don't get how to change them using Hex Editor.

Isn't there a good Recent tutorial for this?
I've searched a lot, but those are outdated and don't give good information.

They cam be changed in brawlbox. that's how i do it.

anyone know of a way to allow the alloys to shield, airdodge and grab ledges? they have subactions for them but they are all empty, and even after filling them in not sure how to get them to do it.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

sammy can u make a tool that lets me change css icons, csp icons, bp icons, rsp icons, and franchise icons easily

Quote from: jrush64 on March 29, 2014, 07:36:32 AM
They cam be changed in brawlbox. that's how i do it.

How? Is there a tutorial for that?

If not, can you make one please?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

For the BrawlEx Megaman do i add a lucas clone?

Quote from: MachWindEX on March 30, 2014, 01:09:30 AM
For the BrawlEx Megaman do i add a lucas clone?

No. Add a Ness clone, just use a Lucas module. ONLY the module. Everything else should be from Ness.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!


for alloys, be sure to use this code too:

Alloy Victory/ Poses
* 0477F8EC 60000000

V. 1.00

I just wish i knew of a way to let thr alloys shield airdodgr and grab ledges.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Guys when I'm using brawl ex I can't get the main menu screen to switch to 1 I want how do I do it