The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 08, 2014, 04:27:18 AM #4785 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:44:39 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Carnage on April 07, 2014, 11:54:05 PM
dolphin has sd card emulator just use that and it works perfectly

Oh right, I forgot about that, making SD card images, never really used it before, thanks for the heads up! What I normally do is replace files in an extracted ISO image then recompile the image since the file replacement cheat code freezes the game, but it sounds like SD images would be the best route. ;D  Using Dolphin 4.0 correct? Can't seem to locate the SD loader.

Edit:  Never mind, found a guide to injecting into an SD image  ;D

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 08, 2014, 04:27:18 AM
Oh right, I forgot about that, making SD card images, never really used it before, thanks for the heads up! What I normally do is replace files in an extracted ISO image then recompile the image since the file replacement cheat code freezes the game, but it sounds like SD images would be the best route. ;D  Using Dolphin 4.0 correct? Can't seem to locate the SD loader.

Edit:  Never mind, found a guide to injecting into an SD image  ;D
:kirby: Image should go in dolphin/User/Wii/sd.raw

To turn it on go Settings > Wii > Insert SD Card <-- Check that box.

Works in Dolphin 3, should work in Dolphin 4.

Man, clone SFX is hard as crap!
Hopefully there can be a video tutorial soon :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on April 08, 2014, 06:19:36 AM
Man, clone SFX is hard as crap!
Hopefully there can be a video tutorial soon :\
I added a small tutorial of how to put shared soundbanks on my momiji pack, maybe it can help you
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202811

Quote from: Kyouma on April 08, 2014, 04:51:41 PM
I added a small tutorial of how to put shared soundbanks on my momiji pack, maybe it can help you
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202811
Awesome, Momiji is in my current pack, it would be even more awesome if I could add SFX! :)

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Uh...I watched that "BrawlEX Clone Tool + CSS Expansion" video by Sammi, and I did everything I saw. But it froze at the "Online Play Not Rated by the ESRB" screen. The only thing I did different was change the hook type to AXNextFrame.
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on April 09, 2014, 04:33:08 AM
Uh...I watched that "BrawlEX Clone Tool + CSS Expansion" video by Sammi, and I did everything I saw. But it froze at the "Online Play Not Rated by the ESRB" screen. The only thing I did different was change the hook type to AXNextFrame.

Unfortunately so far no one has been able to fix that yet. At least that I know of.. Just press something as fast as possible. It should work. ^^

Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on April 09, 2014, 04:33:08 AM
Uh...I watched that "BrawlEX Clone Tool + CSS Expansion" video by Sammi, and I did everything I saw. But it froze at the "Online Play Not Rated by the ESRB" screen. The only thing I did different was change the hook type to AXNextFrame.

Oh hai, sorry bout that i just seen your comment on youtube. If it's freezing where you say, you MAY want to try one of the downloadable packs around here and tell me if it freezes then. That way i can gauge whether or not it's related to your setup or not

I don't think I'm ready to do this hacking yet, kinda overwhelmed at the moment, on how to add more slots and such. 

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 09, 2014, 05:51:23 AM
I don't think I'm ready to do this hacking yet, kinda overwhelmed at the moment, on how to add more slots and such. 

Why not just use my tool/watch the tut on the tool + css expansion. It like does everything for you except edit the module....which all you have to do is open section 8 and change the first entry to your Slot ID

April 09, 2014, 06:04:23 AM #4795 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:10:42 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 09, 2014, 06:00:31 AM
Why not just use my tool/watch the tut on the tool + css expansion. It like does everything for you except edit the module....which all you have to do is open section 8 and change the first entry to your Slot ID

I don't think the CSS code works on Dolphin using the Gecko cheats, I thought it crashes the emulator.  Do you have any links for this tutorial? I'd appreciate it ;D I guess what I want to know most about is, can this work with Dolphin using SD card emulation and/or cheats that don't crash the emulator?

works fine for me on dolphin

V. 1.00

Well, I got it to work. Though, I find it extremely annoying that I have to press A really fast.
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

There's a "ft_Kirby copy fix.rel" does that mean we can make an extra and separate fully functioning kirby? With access to kirby hats and everything?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

April 09, 2014, 08:10:20 PM #4799 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:12:27 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 09, 2014, 05:41:57 PM
works fine for me on dolphin

Could you explain how you did it, I don't know how since replacing the files in the ISO probably wouldn't work, but SD card (er, SD.raw and using WinImage)?

There needs to be a tutorial right?