Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846942 times)
GameAndWatcher
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4830 on: April 10, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »

There's your problem.
I dun goofed here. I thought you were using the old Clone Engine codes.

<- I Support MM8BDM!

AutumnVen
Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4831 on: April 10, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »

There's your problem.

You think so? Why is that?

See I had tried to use Project M Unbound's, but it wasn't as good as SonicBrawler's.

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 07:44:34 PM
    Alright. I tried changing to the Project M Unbound codes, and it did the same thing.  Im srs here

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 07:54:43 PM
    I also just tried Nebulons normal codes, and my own custom codes. Both of them have the exact same errors. So it isn't the codes, the codes are fine. It must be something with the sc_selcharacter or the BrawlEx files.

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 08:20:56 PM
    I think it might just be a stupid file naming error...

What would you call the CSP after MenSelchrFaceB.1129?   11210? Cause that doesn't seem to work.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:21:42 PM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

superluigi220
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4832 on: April 10, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »

am i doing something wrong when i add a clone over the id 58 on dolphin it says kirbypikmin.pac and crashes

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4833 on: April 10, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »

that video is outdated
    we dont even use the css code anymore
    lol

Ugh, I feel like a derp lol.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4834 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »

am i doing something wrong when i add a clone over the id 58 on dolphin it says kirbypikmin.pac and crashes
    58 doesn't work.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4835 on: April 10, 2014, 09:38:40 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something, but I was just informed the videos on the OP were outdated and not of use with the new Brawl EX clone engine, is there an updated tutorial on where to get the up to date links with all the .dat files necessary, since the CSS code no longer applies, what the crap am I supposed to do to run this with Dolphin?

There seems to be too many inconsistencies with what's up to date, what's outdated, what files to use, I don't know WHERE I'm supposed to look for the latest and greatest Brawl EX clone-related files or what's what.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:39:48 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4836 on: April 10, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »

The main problem I am having is that as you scroll through Mewtwo's costumes when you get to the final one if freezes if you try to go any further. Why?

So I am also having this problem with Marth as well as Mewtwo, which is strange considering Marth is not a clone...

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 09:40:43 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I was just informed the videos on the OP were outdated and not of use with the new Brawl EX clone engine, is there an updated tutorial on where to get the up to date links with all the .dat files necessary, since the CSS code no longer applies, what the crap am I supposed to do to run this with Dolphin?

There seems to be too many inconsistencies with what's up to date, what's outdated, what files to use, I don't know WHERE I'm supposed to look for the latest and greatest Brawl EX clone-related files or what's what.

Well here is a link to Sammi's most current tutorial.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:40:43 PM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4837 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »

On second thought, I was wrong for wanting to experiment with this clone engine.  Too much confusion for me, OP has CSS codes, but then people tell me CSS codes are not applicable, what the crap am I supposed to do?
    What files are up to date, are they on the first page or somewhere else? How do I use the CSSRoster.dat if the Brawl EX 1.3.0 didn't come with it? I'm so bloody confused, the video tutorials are out of date, where do I go?
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:43:42 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4838 on: April 10, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »

On second thought, I was wrong for wanting to experiment with this clone engine.  Too much confusion for me, OP has CSS codes, but then people tell me CSS codes are not applicable, what the crap am I supposed to do?

Don't have any CSS codes in your gct file. Then by using the BrawlExConfigUtility you can edit the CSSRoster.dat. From there you can edit the order of the CSS.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4839 on: April 10, 2014, 09:44:35 PM »

Don't have any CSS codes in your gct file. Then by using the BrawlExConfigUtility you can edit the CSSRoster.dat. From there you can edit the order of the CSS.

The Brawl EX engine zip file didn't come with that, none of the downloads I downloaded had such a file. I must have downloaded the wrong files.  How are these edited? Are there tutorials for editing the CSSRoster.dat? I haven't seen any really. Then where do you go? SD.raw? Like I said, this only confuses me more as I don't know where to go after that, there should be an updated tutorial or something.

So damn confusing, I'm about to screw the whole thing and just not bother.  This is causing me undue stress as I'm not able to figure out the proper, UPDATED steps to doing this right for Dolphin, that's all.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:48:41 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4840 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »

Ok so I have everything working now, but Mewtwo's final CSP causes the game to crash.  not impressed

I have all of the proper files in place, and things are named correctly. It is just being stupid...
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:00:25 PM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4841 on: April 10, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

UPDATED steps to doing this right for Dolphin, that's all.

The Videos in the OP are dated, however they DO STILL APPLY if you don't use the CSS expansion. The newest video that uses my tool to automate everything is here. This one IS THE LATES INFO ON HOW TO SETUP THE ENGINE.

However the Brawl minus one is the one that documents how to setup dolphin with the sd.raw. if you already did that, just watch this video. If you don't want to use the CSS code, just download the BrawlEx CSS expansion and the BrawlEx clone engine in the OP's download links and plop them on the sdcard. Heres the video

<a href="http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M</a>
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:20:35 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4842 on: April 10, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »

The Videos in the OP are dated, however they DO STILL APPLY if you don't use the CSS expansion. The newest video that uses my tool to automate everything is here. This one IS THE LATES INFO ON HOW TO SETUP THE ENGINE.

However the Brawl minus one is the one that documents how to setup dolphin with the sd.raw. if you already did that, just watch this video. If you don't want to use the CSS code, just download the BrawlEx CSS expansion and the BrawlEx clone engine in the OP's download links and plop them on the sdcard. Heres the video

http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M] BrawlEx Clone Tool + CSS expansion

I noticed something at the 2:20 mark, you show copying and pasting four folders into rsbe/pf , but they aren't in any of the downloads for some reason, do I need to get those folders that go in PF somewhere else?  What about PSA files? I don't think my hacks use them and I wish to use Krystal over Peach in a new slot, do I need to name the slot Peach or can I rename it to whatever I want to?

I saw in the vid that there was a zip called Brawl EX Expansion or something, but that wasn't in the download links either, where do I get that? It shows moving folders called BrawlEX, Module and System, but they're nowhere to be found.

Edit: Ninja'd never mind about the expansion stuff lol.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:30:25 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4843 on: April 10, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »

Shweet. Hope this helps you get it working.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4844 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »

Shweet. Hope this helps you get it working.

When you say "PSA file" what do you mean? Krystal over Peach doesn't have one, I think.

Also, with the clone tool, I keep getting an unhandled exception error.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:59:27 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: