The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on April 11, 2014, 01:34:52 AM
There's your problem.
I dun goofed here. I thought you were using the old Clone Engine codes.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

April 11, 2014, 01:36:53 AM #4831 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:21:42 AM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: GameAndWatcher on April 11, 2014, 01:34:52 AM
There's your problem.

You think so? Why is that?

See I had tried to use Project M Unbound's, but it wasn't as good as SonicBrawler's.

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

Alright. I tried changing to the Project M Unbound codes, and it did the same thing.  :srs:

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

I also just tried Nebulons normal codes, and my own custom codes. Both of them have the exact same errors. So it isn't the codes, the codes are fine. It must be something with the sc_selcharacter or the BrawlEx files.

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 02:20:56 AM

I think it might just be a stupid file naming error...

What would you call the CSP after MenSelchrFaceB.1129?   11210? Cause that doesn't seem to work.

am i doing something wrong when i add a clone over the id 58 on dolphin it says kirbypikmin.pac and crashes

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 10, 2014, 11:41:37 PM
that video is outdated
we dont even use the css code anymore
lol

Ugh, I feel like a derp lol.

Quote from: superluigi220 on April 11, 2014, 03:21:40 AM
am i doing something wrong when i add a clone over the id 58 on dolphin it says kirbypikmin.pac and crashes
58 doesn't work.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

April 11, 2014, 03:38:40 AM #4835 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:39:48 AM by the_randomizer
Maybe I'm missing something, but I was just informed the videos on the OP were outdated and not of use with the new Brawl EX clone engine, is there an updated tutorial on where to get the up to date links with all the .dat files necessary, since the CSS code no longer applies, what the crap am I supposed to do to run this with Dolphin?

There seems to be too many inconsistencies with what's up to date, what's outdated, what files to use, I don't know WHERE I'm supposed to look for the latest and greatest Brawl EX clone-related files or what's what.

April 11, 2014, 03:39:16 AM #4836 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:40:43 AM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 11, 2014, 01:19:49 AM

The main problem I am having is that as you scroll through Mewtwo's costumes when you get to the final one if freezes if you try to go any further. Why?


So I am also having this problem with Marth as well as Mewtwo, which is strange considering Marth is not a clone...

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 03:40:43 AM

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 03:38:40 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I was just informed the videos on the OP were outdated and not of use with the new Brawl EX clone engine, is there an updated tutorial on where to get the up to date links with all the .dat files necessary, since the CSS code no longer applies, what the crap am I supposed to do to run this with Dolphin?

There seems to be too many inconsistencies with what's up to date, what's outdated, what files to use, I don't know WHERE I'm supposed to look for the latest and greatest Brawl EX clone-related files or what's what.

Well here is a link to Sammi's most current tutorial.

April 11, 2014, 03:40:44 AM #4837 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:43:42 AM by the_randomizer
On second thought, I was wrong for wanting to experiment with this clone engine.  Too much confusion for me, OP has CSS codes, but then people tell me CSS codes are not applicable, what the crap am I supposed to do?
What files are up to date, are they on the first page or somewhere else? How do I use the CSSRoster.dat if the Brawl EX 1.3.0 didn't come with it? I'm so bloody confused, the video tutorials are out of date, where do I go?

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 03:40:44 AM
On second thought, I was wrong for wanting to experiment with this clone engine.  Too much confusion for me, OP has CSS codes, but then people tell me CSS codes are not applicable, what the crap am I supposed to do?

Don't have any CSS codes in your gct file. Then by using the BrawlExConfigUtility you can edit the CSSRoster.dat. From there you can edit the order of the CSS.

April 11, 2014, 03:44:35 AM #4839 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:48:41 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 11, 2014, 03:43:22 AM
Don't have any CSS codes in your gct file. Then by using the BrawlExConfigUtility you can edit the CSSRoster.dat. From there you can edit the order of the CSS.

The Brawl EX engine zip file didn't come with that, none of the downloads I downloaded had such a file. I must have downloaded the wrong files.  How are these edited? Are there tutorials for editing the CSSRoster.dat? I haven't seen any really. Then where do you go? SD.raw? Like I said, this only confuses me more as I don't know where to go after that, there should be an updated tutorial or something.

So damn confusing, I'm about to screw the whole thing and just not bother.  This is causing me undue stress as I'm not able to figure out the proper, UPDATED steps to doing this right for Dolphin, that's all.

April 11, 2014, 03:58:52 AM #4840 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:00:25 AM by Pokemon Master CB
Ok so I have everything working now, but Mewtwo's final CSP causes the game to crash.  :notimp:

I have all of the proper files in place, and things are named correctly. It is just being stupid...

April 11, 2014, 04:18:00 AM #4841 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:20:35 AM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 03:44:35 AM
UPDATED steps to doing this right for Dolphin, that's all.

The Videos in the OP are dated, however they DO STILL APPLY if you don't use the CSS expansion. The newest video that uses my tool to automate everything is here. This one IS THE LATES INFO ON HOW TO SETUP THE ENGINE.

However the Brawl minus one is the one that documents how to setup dolphin with the sd.raw. if you already did that, just watch this video. If you don't want to use the CSS code, just download the BrawlEx CSS expansion and the BrawlEx clone engine in the OP's download links and plop them on the sdcard. Heres the video

http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M] BrawlEx Clone Tool + CSS expansion

April 11, 2014, 04:27:47 AM #4842 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:30:25 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 04:18:00 AM
The Videos in the OP are dated, however they DO STILL APPLY if you don't use the CSS expansion. The newest video that uses my tool to automate everything is here. This one IS THE LATES INFO ON HOW TO SETUP THE ENGINE.

However the Brawl minus one is the one that documents how to setup dolphin with the sd.raw. if you already did that, just watch this video. If you don't want to use the CSS code, just download the BrawlEx CSS expansion and the BrawlEx clone engine in the OP's download links and plop them on the sdcard. Heres the video

http://youtu.be/0QHtHbJL79M] BrawlEx Clone Tool + CSS expansion

I noticed something at the 2:20 mark, you show copying and pasting four folders into rsbe/pf , but they aren't in any of the downloads for some reason, do I need to get those folders that go in PF somewhere else?  What about PSA files? I don't think my hacks use them and I wish to use Krystal over Peach in a new slot, do I need to name the slot Peach or can I rename it to whatever I want to?

I saw in the vid that there was a zip called Brawl EX Expansion or something, but that wasn't in the download links either, where do I get that? It shows moving folders called BrawlEX, Module and System, but they're nowhere to be found.

Edit: Ninja'd never mind about the expansion stuff lol.

Shweet. Hope this helps you get it working.

April 11, 2014, 04:51:28 AM #4844 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:59:27 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 04:38:21 AM
Shweet. Hope this helps you get it working.

When you say "PSA file" what do you mean? Krystal over Peach doesn't have one, I think.

Also, with the clone tool, I keep getting an unhandled exception error.