Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847148 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4860 on: April 11, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »

I give up, I so give up, I still get the No DVD found error in Dolphin 4.0, the CSS code isn't in the GCT file, so I made sure, all files, properly named, and still, it doesn't work.
    use a made pack

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4861 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:04 AM »

use a made pack

Downloading right now Grin Drop it on the SD.raw, load Dolphin, and away I go Tongue

Update: That doesn't work either, the emulator is definitely conflicting with something, and I know the ISO isn't the issue either, but something Dolphin is freaking out with. Something's seriously messed up here, again, ISO image and the files themselves are ruled out, as I tried with an unmodified ISO from my HDD, still same results, even with the correct file pack, even the hook type in the settings were correct, still didn't work. Emulation settings are conflicting somewhere.

I do have USB Loader GX on my Wii along with the ISO, I could load cheats via that as well on a 2 GB card I have, so in a way, that might be less stressful.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:19:20 AM by the_randomizer » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4862 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:33 AM »

I do have USB Loader GX on my Wii along with the ISO, I could load cheats via that as well on a 2 GB card I have, so in a way, that might be less stressful.

Using the actual Wii is defiantly less difficult to set up. That is what I use all the time because my Dolphin emulator also disagrees with it. Tongue Plus I feel like using the Wii is a better way to test it because that is what it will eventually need to work on.

So does anyone else know what I am taking about when I say Independent Pokemon BrawlEx .dat files? I'm pretty sure they have been posted in this huge thread somewhere, but with 325 pages.... I am not looking through that. I know I have done it before, and I have seen the files, but I must have accidentally deleted them somehow. Sad

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4863 on: April 11, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

Using the actual Wii is defiantly less difficult to set up. That is what I use all the time because my Dolphin emulator also disagrees with it. Tongue Plus I feel like using the Wii is a better way to test it because that is what it will eventually need to work on.

So does anyone else know what I am taking about when I say Independent Pokemon BrawlEx .dat files? I'm pretty sure they have been posted in this huge thread somewhere, but with 325 pages.... I am not looking through that. I know I have done it before, and I have seen the files, but I must have accidentally deleted them somehow. Sad

Yeah, I do all my character and mod testing on Dolphin because it's easier to get things up and running and I can replace files directly without using codes or USB Loader GX, but something as complex as CSS replacement/expansion, real hardware would be the best bet.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4864 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »

YOUR POSITIVE that you right clicked on the brawl ISO in dolphin and set it as default?

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4865 on: April 11, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »

Be sure you're using a full dump too (should say 7.9gb). I tried using a 4.7gb and I had issues.

I'm unsure about how Dolphin 4 loads things, but I have great success with Dolphin 3 (which is odd because File Patch isn't supposed to work in Dolphin 3).

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4866 on: April 11, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »

I use dolphin 3 all the time. For consistency i just have both, but generally use 3 for testing stuff

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4867 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »

YOUR POSITIVE that you right clicked on the brawl ISO in dolphin and set it as default?

'

Oh absolutely. I'm thinking something broke in past 3.0, as 3.5 doesn't work, but I definitely see a check mark next to "Make Default ISO", the files are all correct, the folders are correct, Carnage made a pack for me to download, that didn't work. I tried a clean 7.9 GB ISO off my USB hard drive, none of those worked, meaning, something's screwed up in the emulator settings or simply, SD loading is completely broken in newer versions. Using real hardware would be far easier for this CSS/clone mod. The fact 3 works but 4 doesn't tells me something broke in 4.

Be sure you're using a full dump too (should say 7.9gb). I tried using a 4.7gb and I had issues.

Screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/tKokhkc.jpg

I'm unsure about how Dolphin 4 loads things, but I have great success with Dolphin 3 (which is odd because File Patch isn't supposed to work in Dolphin 3).

Indeed, I tried the original, unchanged ISO image, 7.9 GB, nada, didn't do a dang thing, something in newer versions broke SD emulation, I'm better off testing on real hardware because it just doesn't seem worth all this trouble to get the clone engine to work. I'm tempted to just go back to making my regular mods; that's what I get got wanting to do something different.  Laugh
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:42:46 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4868 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »

Making an additional thread with extra and Updated info and links while PW is away might be a good idea.

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Ezehokadrim
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4869 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »

The Independent Pokemon files are in the OP. Just redownload the BrawlEx Clone Engine v1.2 zip and they are in the CSSlot config templates. If you already have CSSlots for the pokemons and you don't want to replace them, open them in an hex editor and change the value at 0x10 to 1E for Charizard, 20 for Squirtle and 22 for Venusaur. Oh and while I'm here does anyone know why some .rels bug on Dolphin? I may have trouble making them or something, but my other characters are working. Could anyone get me a marth rel with character ID 43 and any module ID above 99?
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:02:54 PM by Ezehokadrim » Logged

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4870 on: April 11, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »

So I'm back, and decided to give this another try. It loaded everything kinda right, but (it's megaman, by the way) the other clone slot appears as mario, and when I pick ness it freezes in game. I know this was mentioned before, but I don't feeling going on a hunt.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4871 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »

'

Oh absolutely. I'm thinking something broke in past 3.0, as 3.5 doesn't work, but I definitely see a check mark next to "Make Default ISO", the files are all correct, the folders are correct, Carnage made a pack for me to download, that didn't work. I tried a clean 7.9 GB ISO off my USB hard drive, none of those worked, meaning, something's screwed up in the emulator settings or simply, SD loading is completely broken in newer versions. Using real hardware would be far easier for this CSS/clone mod. The fact 3 works but 4 doesn't tells me something broke in 4.

Indeed, I tried the original, unchanged ISO image, 7.9 GB, nada, didn't do a dang thing, something in newer versions broke SD emulation, I'm better off testing on real hardware because it just doesn't seem worth all this trouble to get the clone engine to work. I'm tempted to just go back to making my regular mods; that's what I get got wanting to do something different.  Laugh
    That screen'd says 9.9gb, so I would assume your ISO is bad.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4872 on: April 11, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »

So I'm back, and decided to give this another try. It loaded everything kinda right, but (it's megaman, by the way) the other clone slot appears as mario, and when I pick ness it freezes in game. I know this was mentioned before, but I don't feeling going on a hunt.

If the you have 2 clone slots and only one appears normal, generally something isn't configured right. are you using the CSS code or the CSS expansion?

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4873 on: April 11, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

That screen'd says 9.9gb, so I would assume your ISO is bad.

No, it's not, I tried both a 9.9 GB (modified) and 7.4 GB version of the ISO, neither of which worked at all. Both modded and unmodded ISOs have been tested and neither worked with Dolphin, I'm better off using real hardware for more complex hacks. For basic hacks like characters, music and textures, Dolphin isn't an issue as ISO files can be swapped out and tested, but for clone engines, not really ideal.

Summary: Dolphin didn't load a clean ISO nor did it load a modded ISO, both yielded in a "No DVD found" error despite having made both set to default ISO, Dolphin 3.5 and beyond have broken SD loading, even after loading Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 (or whatever the latest one is called), hook type set to the right one, nothing. Using a real Wii in this instance would make it easier for cloning.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:51:40 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4874 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »

Try just using 4.0.2 (the latest official release of dolphin) instead of a nightly build. im using 4.0.2 just fine right now Shocked you may want to check and recheck the default ISO setting. It also has to be set to AxNextFrame for the hooktype on dolphin, or you could get no dvd errors if i recall

Pages:  1 ... 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: