The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Does brawl ex support stage expansion?

New development sort of...  tried the Slot config and put in the Fighter ID 37 in the 0x10. I'm using Hex Editor HxD so I see it differently. I did this and... got Mario still. He mentioned changing something in the 0x0C. HxD doesn't display it like this so I'd need someone who uses that program to give me the equivalent. I know ShinF uses it... but I'm going to try to find an image for reference.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

You'd just get rid of the 0x
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

http://i.imgur.com/fMKL7uc.png

This is what it looks like. When he says 0x10 first 4 bytes, I took that as the first 4 values in the 00000010 strip. which is why the 3rd and 4th are 3 and 7 (for 37). But then he mentioned 0x0c. Where is that and what value do I change to "1"?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822



I think this should about do it~

If it doesn't work, I'll have a more in-depth look when I can.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: SmashKing64 on April 16, 2014, 02:05:59 PM
Does brawl ex support stage expansion?

Stage Expansion, where it adds up to 37 stages to the stage select screen? Yes.

Alternate Stage Loader, where you hold buttons to load a different stage? No.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 16, 2014, 02:49:51 PM


I think this should about do it~

If it doesn't work, I'll have a more in-depth look when I can.

I tried it and it froze while loading stage... hmmm lemme check the fighter config maybe the entry messed it up?? I put in the Fighter and changed the name to the test I'm using, I didn't touch Cosmetic or CSSslot, and I only edited the Slot in the way that you showed me... so I'm thinking that there isn't anything else to do... the module's fine, is there a limit on offsets? I chose B6, which is technically above Fighter 63's max offset if you started with 3F the way Sammi showed us.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Well, if you uploaded the config files you're using for this I might be able to do something, but don't count on anything.
...Although, for now I need sleep, I'll check back tomorrow.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

April 16, 2014, 03:25:16 PM #5048 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:44:09 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 16, 2014, 03:13:29 PM
Well, if you uploaded the config files you're using for this I might be able to do something, but don't count on anything.
...Although, for now I need sleep, I'll check back tomorrow.

Sure. It gave me a hard freeze... I feel like the game doesn't know to read the 2D files because how would it unless I told it to? the Slot only had the 37 for Fighter value thrown in.

Wait, in the module I had it set to 37 for fighter, but it probably needs to be 33 for the slot... right?

I'll also change the offset to something else... see if that does anything. Just pm me when you wake up.

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Okay, I did it. Nevermind Kitsu-Chan, what you told me here was enough. :) And to think I had this message from PW for days now... Petey's slot is now my Ganon Clone.

Boss slots can now be used. :)

Everyone who uses my pack expect an update VERY soon. I already geared more characters with GFX fixes to be put in. I'm busy today, but tonight, expect an update ( or in like... 9-10 hours)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on April 16, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Sure. It gave me a hard freeze... I feel like the game doesn't know to read the 2D files because how would it unless I told it to? the Slot only had the 37 for Fighter value thrown in.

Wait, in the module I had it set to 37 for fighter, but it probably needs to be 33 for the slot... right?

I'll also change the offset to something else... see if that does anything. Just pm me when you wake up.

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Okay, I did it. Nevermind Kitsu-Chan, what you told me here was enough. :) And to think I had this message from PW for days now... Petey's slot is now my Ganon Clone.

Boss slots can now be used. :)

Everyone who uses my pack expect an update VERY soon. I already geared more characters with GFX fixes to be put in. I'm busy today, but tonight, expect an update ( or in like... 9-10 hours)
holy crap Nebulon are you saying we can now add 12 more characters?
This is awesome!!! You're the man! You'll have to give a tutorial or something:)

Quote from: Nebulon on April 16, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Sure. It gave me a hard freeze... I feel like the game doesn't know to read the 2D files because how would it unless I told it to? the Slot only had the 37 for Fighter value thrown in.

Wait, in the module I had it set to 37 for fighter, but it probably needs to be 33 for the slot... right?

I'll also change the offset to something else... see if that does anything. Just pm me when you wake up.

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Okay, I did it. Nevermind Kitsu-Chan, what you told me here was enough. :) And to think I had this message from PW for days now... Petey's slot is now my Ganon Clone.

Boss slots can now be used. :)

Everyone who uses my pack expect an update VERY soon. I already geared more characters with GFX fixes to be put in. I'm busy today, but tonight, expect an update ( or in like... 9-10 hours)
That sounds awesome, but does it affect fighting the bosses in modes like boss battles?

April 16, 2014, 04:02:01 PM #5051 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:03:04 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: Pikezer1337 on April 16, 2014, 03:58:23 PM
holy crap Nebulon are you saying we can now add 12 more characters?
This is awesome!!! You're the man! You'll have to give a tutorial or something:)

lol I couldn't have done it without help though :) WE are all awesome.

I'll post a tut after more testing. like slot 58 not working, I wouldn't be surprised if certain bosses just didn't want to work either.

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 04:03:04 PM

Quote from: Nebulon on April 16, 2014, 04:02:01 PM
lol I couldn't have done it without help though :) WE are all awesome.

I'll post a tut after more testing. like slot 58 not working, I wouldn't be surprised if certain bosses just didn't want to work either.

That I don't know... let's try it out...

But I'm gonna assume it will :/

I think it's a fair trade off personally. I don't LIKE it compared to everything working... but I'll take it, ya know?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

nebulon can u also post a tutorial on how to add alloys i just dont get it

Quote from: SmashKing64 on April 16, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
nebulon can u also post a tutorial on how to add alloys i just dont get it

Well I've never tried... lol so... I'd have to learn before I did it. You're better off asking people who know how to do it. I'm sure there's tuts for it. When someone DOES know how to do it though, they should PM me since those slots probably can't be used even in the future, so I might as well add them to my build after I add as many boss slots as I can. So far I've done two, and I'm about to try Porky Statue to see if he counts... he might not...
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822