The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Alright, I'm using Sammi's updated tool and I tried to add a new Link clone (on slot 49) and for some reason he won't show up on the CSS. Anyone know why?

All my other clones show up and won't freeze, but the new Link clone isnt' showing up.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on June 12, 2014, 12:40:53 AM
Alright, I'm using Sammi's updated tool and I tried to add a new Link clone (on slot 49) and for some reason he won't show up on the CSS. Anyone know why?

All my other clones show up and won't freeze, but the new Link clone isnt' showing up.

Did you add it to your CSSRoster.dat?

Quote from: Makarew on June 12, 2014, 01:14:32 AM
Did you add it to your CSSRoster.dat?

The clone tool should do it for me, shouldn't it?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on June 12, 2014, 01:15:30 AMThe clone tool should do it for me, shouldn't it?
Last I checked it didn't.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

June 12, 2014, 01:41:19 AM #6334 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:36:10 AM by Tidus
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on June 12, 2014, 01:29:42 AM
Last I checked it didn't.

I just checked his video and it says it does.

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 02:19:21 AM

Alright, so I just checked and it seems like the Newest version of the Clone Tool doesn't add to the CSSRoster.dat

The older version does add to the CSSRoster.dat, although it keeps crashing for me.




Alright, so I was able to add it to the CSSRoster.dat (it shows up in the Roster Editor), but now they don't show up in the CSS at all. My other hacks are working and the hook is set to AXNextFrame.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nebulon on June 11, 2014, 02:41:48 PM
Alright, I finally tried Classic mode, and I can't get past the Break the Target screen. It can't load the level.

I am using the break the Target's cosmetic information on a character, however I tested it before and Break the Targets still worked despite using that. So this may be an issue with Brawl EX V2. I'm going to play around with the 4 player freezing and see what I get.

Post Merge: June 11, 2014, 02:59:53 PM

KingImpres is correct. 4 players freezes mid match.

So, so far:

- clones do not load their FS.
- 4 player multiplayer doesn't work.
- Break the Targets doesn't work in Classic or in Stadium.


Random freeze is still alive when returning from a match.

Quote from: KingImpris on June 12, 2014, 02:38:32 AM
Random freeze is still alive when returning from a match.

What do you mean? The whole, "not backing out of the CSS after each match will possible cause a freeze" freeze?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

i been having troubles making a Zelda/Shiek clone do i have to put both the ids into the cssroster.dat ?

How many new EX modules are there? I'd really love to add characters like Greninja to SSBB but I can't because there's no Sheik EX module.

Quote from: chaos447 on June 12, 2014, 03:56:38 AM
How many new EX modules are there? I'd really love to add characters like Greninja to SSBB but I can't because there's no Sheik EX module.
Sheik doesn't have a module, use Zelda's or Zelda/Shiek duo.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: chaos447 on June 12, 2014, 03:56:38 AM
How many new EX modules are there? I'd really love to add characters like Greninja to SSBB but I can't because there's no Sheik EX module.

Sheik and Zelda share a module. So there technically is. You just need to pick the Zelda module with the Sheik version built in, since the other one is just for Zelda. Is there even a Greninja PSA available? I was under the impression there wasn't a Greninja out yet aside from the one with the animation changes.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Tidus on June 12, 2014, 01:41:19 AM
Alright, so I was able to add it to the CSSRoster.dat (it shows up in the Roster Editor), but now they don't show up in the CSS at all. My other hacks are working and the hook is set to AXNextFrame.


Jeez, the thread moves fast.
Anyone know what's up?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lemme elaborate. When i added the Roster editor i implemented a save function, which i then changed the RosterAdd() function to use as well, then forgot it doesn't call a function that saves the roster after adding to it. I already patched it, it's really simple.

Im updating the tool with a BrawlLib's section editor to patch the section[8] without needing to open another program. Here's the changelog so far

- v0.75a- (6/5/2014)
  . Fixed bug loading clones when the number of configs differ between folder
   . Fixed bug Where adding clones to the roster doesn't save CSSRoster.dat
   . Tool will no longer display characters whose configs are below 3F to prevent errors
   . Roster editor now has option to create new roster file.
   . Roster editor can now add and delete slots
   . Added "Patch Module" to Tools menu. open module file, edit slot, then close and save
   . Added new and experimental modules

I'd like to add or fix a few more things before updating though

will the tool be able to make Zelda/Sheik clones?

PLEASE READ/PASS ALONG. All caps do to me posting the FS bug and nobody noticing until way later(Fast Thread).

According to the beta module readme a Captain Falcon clone will crash when when blue falcon uses his final smash. This apparently does not apply to psa's though. I just tested out V. Joe over falcon and none of the costumes crash. All files came frome the 1.2 build withe exception of the model.