The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I cant get custom cosmetics working with sammi's tool, everytime i try to add a small name it keeps replacing the CSS name >;(
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Mr.Doge on July 07, 2014, 10:42:16 PM
I cant get custom cosmetics working with sammi's tool, everytime i try to add a small name it keeps replacing the CSS name >;(

The tool is in an unstable state right now, and im working on releasing a new version. Here's the current changelog. Im still working on a neater more convenient way to re-encode the CSP's and that's the main reason i haven't updated. That, and i would like to add a few more nice features

====================================
|************ Change Log ************|
====================================

- v0.75a- (6/5/2014)
    Bugs:
. Fixed bug loading clones when the number of configs differ between folder
. Fixed bug Where adding clones to the roster doesn't save CSSRoster.dat
. Fixed bug where clones with no cosmetics would severely confuse the tool causing mismatched fighter data
. Fixed bug where cosmetic form's small name entry overlapped with the CSS name
. Tool will no longer display characters whose configs are below 3F to prevent errors

Features and Improvements:
. Roster editor now has option to create new roster file.
. Added "Patch Module" to Tools menu. open module file, edit slot, then close and save
        . "Reduce Filesize" button now asks to re-encode all CSP's in the sc_selcaharacter as cmpr. Saving a ton of space!

==========Notes==========
. New and experimental modules will be supported when the stable release of BrawlEx v2 is released


For a comparison of filesizes with re-encoding the CSP's, here is some screenshots

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 08, 2014, 12:49:26 AM

For a comparison of filesizes with re-encoding the CSP's, here is some screenshots

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What is the HUD name and what is the Small name (where do they appear)?
And how big do I need to make the CSS name?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

i don't fully understand the code part of the CSS

Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] (Default CSS)
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000024 <----CSS Icon Count
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A231929 00000000

"In order to add an id to the Character Select Screen - for this example 3F- replace the value of 29 at the end of the code with 3F and replace the next 00 byte to the right with 29 again. If you run out of zeroes on a line, simply add a new line and pad it with zeroes. Additionally, for every id you add, you will need to increase the CSS Icon Count value by 1."

i colored the parts that it said to change to make it easier to compare. so the finished product should look something like this?

Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] (Default CSS)
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025 <----CSS Icon Count
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 29000000

Quote from: Sirkura on July 08, 2014, 06:27:30 AM
~snip~

Yes that looks correct to me.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on July 08, 2014, 05:50:53 AM
What is the HUD name and what is the Small name (where do they appear)?
And how big do I need to make the CSS name?

The HUD name is the name that appears underneath your character in game. Currently i haven't added it's functionality yet and so if you try to add it it will probably crash the tool.

The small name is the name that appears above the CSS icon on the CSS screen.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 08, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
Yes that looks correct to me.

The HUD name is the name that appears underneath your character in game. Currently i haven't added it's functionality yet and so if you try to add it it will probably crash the tool.

The small name is the name that appears above the CSS icon on the CSS screen.

sweet thank you ^^ i'll play with it more later then. also can you add the character files to the iso? i try to keep the SD card as small as possible, (i have no SD cards over 2 gigs)  so a majority of my mods are iso based save textures and PSA's and things i'll be changing often.

July 08, 2014, 09:58:16 PM #6621 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:15:06 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn
Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 08, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
The HUD name is the name that appears underneath your character in game. Currently i haven't added it's functionality yet and so if you try to add it it will probably crash the tool.

The small name is the name that appears above the CSS icon on the CSS screen.

Right.

BTW, when I try to add the small name, it replaces the CSS name.
Why?

Post Merge: July 08, 2014, 10:15:06 PM

Quote from: Sirkura on July 08, 2014, 06:27:30 AM
i don't fully understand the code part of the CSS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"In order to add an id to the Character Select Screen - for this example 3F- replace the value of 29 at the end of the code with 3F and replace the next 00 byte to the right with 29 again. If you run out of zeroes on a line, simply add a new line and pad it with zeroes. Additionally, for every id you add, you will need to increase the CSS Icon Count value by 1."

i colored the parts that it said to change to make it easier to compare. so the finished product should look something like this?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



The CSS code is not needed anymore.
Use the CSSRoster.dat
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Sammi, do you have a idea when the next brawlex will be released?

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on July 08, 2014, 09:58:16 PM
The CSS code is not needed anymore.
Use the CSSRoster.dat

Again it depends what version he wants to use, if he wants the CSS to stop flickering he might wanna use the CSS code instead.

Quote from: Thomasco2013 on July 09, 2014, 02:08:08 AM
Sammi, do you have a idea when the next brawlex will be released?

Nope, i have no idea. It's whenever PW gets things tidied up with the unstable build i'm sure.

Quote from: Thomasco2013 on July 09, 2014, 02:08:08 AMSammi, do you have a idea when the next brawlex will be released?
I've no idea why you're asking Sammi even though PW is the BrawlEx creator...?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

:/ my brawl doesn't start. Yesterday I was able to get brawlex to work with 3 characters so today I added around 11, however the cssroster.dat doesn't work for me (the CSS doesn't appear in game) so I use the CSS code, but still use the CSSroster for the brawlextool, the thing is after I removed that file my vbrawl won't start, already tried without any codes and it works normally. Is there a limit for  my SD or perhaphs too many rels wont start the game in some way? please help, normal brawl is too boring

Quote from: jaleiva on July 09, 2014, 02:49:57 AM:/ my brawl doesn't start. Yesterday I was able to get brawlex to work with 3 characters so today I added around 11, however the cssroster.dat doesn't work for me (the CSS doesn't appear in game) so I use the CSS code, but still use the CSSroster for the brawlextool, the thing is after I removed that file my vbrawl won't start, already tried without any codes and it works normally. Is there a limit for  my SD or perhaphs too many rels wont start the game in some way? please help, normal brawl is too boring
If there's no roster when you're using the CSSRoster, it means you're missing the 'sc_selcharacter' and/or the 'common3' from the BrawlEx CSS Expansion v1.0.0.0... I think.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Karna on July 09, 2014, 02:54:17 AM
If there's no roster when you're using the CSSRoster, it means you're missing the 'sc_selcharacter' and/or the 'common3' from the BrawlEx CSS Expansion v1.0.0.0... I think.

Or that the CSSRoster.dat has a naming error

Sorry, my mistake, I'm meant the clone tool sammi developed. Sorry, I always forget a few words that throw off a the meaning of a question.

Ok I'll try again from the start, the odd thing is that I was only able to start vbrawl when I changed my codes.gct back to normal and erased the brawlex folder... odd