Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846952 times)
AutumnVen
Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6750 on: July 19, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

I'm starting a new build and I just need to know one thing.

Do the new character modules of v2 work with v1?

I want to add a toon link, but I also don't want to screw stuff up.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6751 on: July 19, 2014, 02:59:28 PM »

Mkay... I'm sick of this... Has anyone using BrawlEX kept getting silent freezes after selecting a stage or the buzz of death even when everything worked the previous battle? It has kept happening to me for a while now, and I'm sick of  having to reboot the game everytime.

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6752 on: July 19, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »

Mkay... I'm sick of this... Has anyone using BrawlEX kept getting silent freezes after selecting a stage or the buzz of death even when everything worked the previous battle? It has kept happening to me for a while now, and I'm sick of  having to reboot the game everytime.

It might be because you don't have the cosmetics properly configured (the in game battle portrait).

Yes, the v2 character modules work with v1 but be sure to read the notes about the modules. For example, a Captain Falcon clone will crash when he uses his default final smash(works fine with a different final smash).

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:35:50 PM by [TLoZ]Link » Logged

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6753 on: July 19, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »

No, the BPs work. And even regular characters with nothing on them freeze. I can only do 1 battle at a time, or sometimes no battles before it freezes.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6754 on: July 19, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

So far, Toon Link and R.O.B. work well.
    Captain Falcon will work for the most part, but the Final Smash will freeze the game (because the car and the road are not configured in the module yet)

IDK about Zelda and Zelda/Shiek.
    Pikmin will freeze the game randomly.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6755 on: July 19, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

The car and road are fine. the same glitches that were present before where physics acted weird on him after sheilding and his side-b are still present during that. There is something else going on there besides the actual articles themselves. Closer examination in dolphin will reveal that the FS does indeed work fine, but that the characters (just like falcon before) never hit the road, they float spinning above it.

I'll probably take a close look at it today and see if i can't find the spot that is messing up

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6756 on: July 19, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »

i have a question, can somebody help meeee:

Here's the scenario: I switched Tabuu's graphics over Zelda with no problem (changing the ef_zelda file completely). I then tried to get them onto a Dark Samus PSA (which is actually Samus over Marth)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=33246&Moderated=All

but it didnt work. I then tried to get Tabuu graphic's onto normal Samus and it also worked fine! Im thinking that because my PSA is originally for Samus but then put over Marth, it doesnt read correctly... if I could get the graphics to work I'd be ecstatic.

edit: also note that i have been able to successfully replace Dark Samus's ef_file before... it's a fitmarth.pac file, and i changed the ef file to an ef_samus file and I was able to successfully import lucario's final smash beam onto some attacks...

my first graphic switch, the import of lucario's fs beam worked fine and the PSA was able to function well with no bugs.

my latest attempt at trying to get tabuu's graphics onto the PSA makes Dark Samus freeze in place whenever she executes a grab from standing. dash grabs work fine though. that's the only bug but i dont know if you necessarily need this info lol.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:30:35 PM by highonphazon » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6757 on: July 20, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

I have another question. What does it mean when the game freezes before entering the CSS? Like you select Brawl, and then it freezes. Could this be a file size issue? Cause currently my sc_selcharacter.pac is 2.97 MB.

ThatCoolGuy
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6758 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:06 PM »

I have another question. What does it mean when the game freezes before entering the CSS? Like you select Brawl, and then it freezes. Could this be a file size issue? Cause currently my sc_selcharacter.pac is 2.97 MB.
    I had this issue when I made my Sc_selcharacter.pac 2.93MB I thought it was because of too many changes to multiple .brres in the char_bust_tex Tongue , so every time I added a clone's cosmetics I made room as I went. Hope that helps.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6759 on: July 20, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »

Sounds like an issue with sc_selcharacter.pac but you're well under the limit. I know having too many csps can cause a crash too, but at that filesize I doubt you've hit that limit. Might just be a different problem with your sc_selcharacter.pac or with your css in general. Any conflicting codes with Brawlex? Like the css codes that are no longer needed?

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6760 on: July 20, 2014, 08:44:45 PM »

Sounds like an issue with sc_selcharacter.pac but you're well under the limit. I know having too many csps can cause a crash too, but at that filesize I doubt you've hit that limit. Might just be a different problem with your sc_selcharacter.pac or with your css in general. Any conflicting codes with Brawlex? Like the css codes that are no longer needed?
    No css codes. I think it may have something to do with the costumes. I deleted a number of unused costume files, such as all of mario's because I am not including him in my build. Would that make a difference?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6761 on: July 20, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »

No css codes. I think it may have something to do with the costumes. I deleted a number of unused costume files, such as all of mario's because I am not including him in my build. Would that make a difference?

Probably yes, as they are part of the original CSS.

You may need to remake it, but this time, instead of deleting them, replace them with blanks or small dots.
    Believe me, you may have less filesize.

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6762 on: July 20, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »

Probably yes, as they are part of the original CSS.

You may need to remake it, but this time, instead of deleting them, replace them with blanks or small dots.
    Believe me, you may have less filesize.
    So I put a fresh, unedited sc_selcharacter.pac in and the game worked. I figured that it was a problem with the char_bust_tex_lz77 because I had edited that heavily. So then from my edited pac I exported the MiscData[30] and [70]. I replaced the fresh with these edited ones. It froze again... so it looks like I'll have to do it again from scratch tomorrow. :/  Oh, and which .dat file do you edit in hex to give the clones cosmetics? Cosmetic, CSSSlot, or Slot? I did it to the CSSSlot files. Maybe that could also be affecting it if I edited the wrong stuff. Tongue

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6763 on: July 20, 2014, 11:33:11 PM »

So I put a fresh, unedited sc_selcharacter.pac in and the game worked. I figured that it was a problem with the char_bust_tex_lz77 because I had edited that heavily. So then from my edited pac I exported the MiscData[30] and [70]. I replaced the fresh with these edited ones. It froze again... so it looks like I'll have to do it again from scratch tomorrow. :/  Oh, and which .dat file do you edit in hex to give the clones cosmetics? Cosmetic, CSSSlot, or Slot? I did it to the CSSSlot files. Maybe that could also be affecting it if I edited the wrong stuff. Tongue

Oh, it is the CosmeticConfig.

Even like that, do not delete stuff from the sc_selcharacter.pac.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6764 on: July 21, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

Oh, it is the CosmeticConfig.

Even like that, do not delete stuff from the sc_selcharacter.pac.
    ok. Thanks! Thank goodness for .bak files! Tongue I'll have to change my CSSSlot configs back to what they were so that they don't cause some other kind of problem.

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 09:06:33 AM
    So I added all of the CSP names in MiscData[30], and then tested it and it worked. All the clones were random and froze upon highlight. I believe this is because of the lack of textures for them in MiscData[70]. So then I added all the CSS icons for all the characters and included the clones as well. I did not add the names for the clones. It worked. The regular icons had their images changed, but the clones still were random. Then I added a bunch of the MenSelChrNmS for the number of clones that I had. These files are all the same image because I plan on removing the tags in the future. So I added them and named them properly, but then I go to test it, and it freezes when I try to enter the CSS!!! WHY?!?!?! :/

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 09:14:26 AM
    Ok, so it turns out all those names that I had added just needed to be re-encoded to 14 instead of 18. That fixed that, but all the clones still show up as random...

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 09:25:29 AM
    So now I went into char_bust_tex_lz77 and added the MiscData[110]. Named it all properly, and changed the compression to ExtendedLZ77. And the game again now freezes when I try to enter the CSS! I am getting rather tired of all this freezing crap that keeps happening to me... especially when I feel like I am not doing anything wrong. Tongue

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 09:34:04 AM
    Ok, so I took Nebulons sc_selcharacter.pac and tried it on my sd card. His works fine! It doesn't freeze or anything! I compared both his and mine, and they are basically identical... so i have no idea why mine isn't working. I'm just gonna edit his. :/
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:34:04 AM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: