The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So I've gotten as far as adding the clone to the CSS, but after I follow sammi huskys tutorial and after I finish I get a random icon instead of (ex. Dr mario) icon. I've followed the video again and again and still end up with the same results. I feel like a n00b asking these questions but that's what we're all here for right? To help haha thanks in advance guys!
<*SSBB666*>

Quote from: SSBB666 on August 13, 2014, 08:01:51 PM
So I've gotten as far as adding the clone to the CSS, but after I follow sammi huskys tutorial and after I finish I get a random icon instead of (ex. Dr mario) icon. I've followed the video again and again and still end up with the same results. I feel like a n00b asking these questions but that's what we're all here for right? To help haha thanks in advance guys!

Have you watched the end of the video? The Hex Editing? And have you changed the modules to the clone id (3F?)
hai

Quote from: SSBB666 on August 13, 2014, 08:01:51 PM
So I've gotten as far as adding the clone to the CSS, but after I follow sammi huskys tutorial and after I finish I get a random icon instead of (ex. Dr mario) icon. I've followed the video again and again and still end up with the same results. I feel like a n00b asking these questions but that's what we're all here for right? To help haha thanks in advance guys!

Do you have the correct hook? It should be AXNextFrame.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on August 13, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
Ahh i suppose i should have posted in this thread as well. I've made a thread specifically for tools or modifications to existing tools that i have made. Figured if i was inclined to make changes to the things i used for convenience then others would probably benefit from it as well. In the thread, i've also updated the clone tool. You can find the changelog for it there, but i can tell you it's fixed all the current bugs that were reported to me as well as added a button for patching the module, and asking to re-encode textures as cmpr automatically when using the "compress filesize" in the cosmetic form. You can find the thread here
I feel like this is the first bit of good news that this thread has gotten in a while... It's just been a lot of questions lately. I keep checking back for updates, but there never seems to be any. :P
I am definitely gonna be downloading the updated tool! Thanks again Sammi! XD

Quote from: SSBXReal on August 13, 2014, 09:01:59 PM
Have you watched the end of the video? The Hex Editing? And have you changed the modules to the clone id (3F?)
Quote from: Makarew on August 13, 2014, 09:09:31 PM
Do you have the correct hook? It should be AXNextFrame.
Yes I have edited the module and everything hex that needed and yes the hook type is axnextframe
<*SSBB666*>


Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on August 13, 2014, 10:59:42 PM
Well it does seem that using the VBI hooktype does work properly with BrawlEx. Testing required.
Ill test that out I haven't tested any only the axnextframe which seems to work 99% of the time
<*SSBB666*>

i don't know to make a zelda clone transform into a sheik clone

Little update here, I slowly just reworked everything into nebulon's brawlex pack, and things worked flawlessly. I'm now adding and replacing and removing characters. I'm taking characters I didn't like from the pack and putting in my favourite characters. Thanks to those that gave me suggestions here.

Quote from: SSBB666 on August 13, 2014, 11:04:21 PM
Ill test that out I haven't tested any only the axnextframe which seems to work 99% of the time

To add to all this, OSSleepthread works with varying success too. I find I still get crashes half the time on boot though, with USB.

Quote from: Slick76jakers on August 13, 2014, 11:42:22 PM
Little update here, I slowly just reworked everything into nebulon's brawlex pack, and things worked flawlessly. I'm now adding and replacing and removing characters. I'm taking characters I didn't like from the pack and putting in my favourite characters. Thanks to those that gave me suggestions here.

Who did you use? I'm interested in looking for more people. Also has PW mentioned when yhe next update is?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

If somebody could show me how to change sfx and announcer calls for the clones that'd be great if possible
<*SSBB666*>

Quote from: SSBB666 on August 14, 2014, 05:02:26 AM
If somebody could show me how to change sfx and announcer calls for the clones that'd be great if possible

i might make a tut for the announcer calls
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 14, 2014, 03:40:38 PM #6988 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:58:27 PM by Slick76jakers
Quote from: Nebulon on August 14, 2014, 04:06:23 AM
Who did you use? I'm interested in looking for more people. Also has PW mentioned when yhe next update is?
I've been using a bunch of different PSAs I enjoy and can competently play with. This includes Shulk, Lloyd, Kratos Aurion, Asch, Luffy, Issac (not the new one that came out recently) and I'm thinking of putting in Brawl DX's louie, as it's looking to be pretty cool, and amazing olimar-exclusive hacks are hard to find.
I check in on updates to some brawl packs, including yours, Nebulon, for updated or new PSAs I might enjoy. I'm close to 80 characters now, I beleive.

Quote from: Slick76jakers on August 14, 2014, 03:40:38 PM

I've been using a bunch of different PSAs I enjoy and can competently play with. This includes Shulk, Lloyd, Kratos Aurion, Asch, Luffy, Issac (not the new one that came out recently) and I'm thinking of putting in Brawl DX's louie, as it's looking to be pretty cool, and amazing olimar-exclusive hacks are hard to find.
I check in on updates to some brawl packs, including yours, Nebulon, for updated or new PSAs I might enjoy. I'm close to 80 characters now, I beleive.
You should release your pack man that'd be cool
<*SSBB666*>