Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847744 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7410 on: October 15, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »

Also, I love it when questions get completely ignored and then buried deep within the thread...

Result screen name is stored in one of the BrawlEx config files (cosmetic, stored at 0x20), I forget which one, which logo the fighter uses is also stored in one of those (cosmetic, stored at 0x14).

As for your css issues did you edit the AnmTextPat files you're supposed to edit in MiscData30 as well? I forget which in particular since I've been using a prebuilt css for the longest time. Perhaps make sure your values there are all configured correctly.

Cyprus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7411 on: October 15, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »

My clone won't let me change the Cosmetic Slot in the Brawl Clone tool!
    Is there any method where I can fix this manually or automatically?

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
    Never mind I got that fixed now I have another problem I have EVERYTHING in check and now I can't load the CSS does anyone know what this may be causing this problem?
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:39:48 PM by Cyprus » Logged

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7412 on: October 15, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »

Okay, weird question... has anyone else been having trouble making more than one Metaknight clone? I can't seem to have more than one without some kind of freezing.

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7413 on: October 15, 2014, 10:14:53 PM »

Lol seems that everyone is waiting on the brawl modding God (PW) to bless us again haha like Nebulon said he won't be back until he completes that V2.... Sigh

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 10:18:12 PM
    Okay, weird question... has anyone else been having trouble making more than one Metaknight clone? I can't seem to have more than one without some kind of freezing.
    Is that module complete? Any who it most likely has something to do with the file structure of your clone or if your not using the clone engine tool you have to change the hex decimals.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:18:12 PM by brawlboy22 » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7414 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »

Lol seems that everyone is waiting on the brawl modding God (PW) to bless us again haha like Nebulon said he won't be back until he completes that V2.... Sigh
    Well, be glad it isn't 2008. i remember having to hex in the costumes. that wasn't any fun, well it  was when it worked, but it wasn't when it didn't. was a waste of an 8gb dvd. Then around March of 09' i believe PW released his File patch code 1.0. In my mind i thought Brawl was never going to get better, not sure when, but it was months later when PLAN ZERO was announced. Moveset editing was born. I didn't even join til' 2010 on smashboards and i wasn't even apart of the old Kc-mm. Without people like Blackjax, Kryal, Dantarion, Almas, Vyse, Picano, Jack-H, Comex, Yeroc, Mariokart64n, and of course Phantomwing's. there should be a ton more on this list, but this is off the top of my head.

I was a very heavy lurker, probably still am. Either way, being patient is a necessity on this modding forum/game. I'm even waiting on Asf1nk's CSS that was announced. so be patient, and await the great and mighty future of Brawl.

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7415 on: October 16, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »

Well, be glad it isn't 2008. i remember having to hex in the costumes. that wasn't any fun, well it  was when it worked, but it wasn't when it didn't. was a waste of an 8gb dvd. Then around March of 09' i believe PW released his File patch code 1.0. In my mind i thought Brawl was never going to get better, not sure when, but it was months later when PLAN ZERO was announced. Moveset editing was born. I didn't even join til' 2010 on smashboards and i wasn't even apart of the old Kc-mm. Without people like Blackjax, Kryal, Dantarion, Almas, Vyse, Picano, Jack-H, Comex, Yeroc, Mariokart64n, and of course Phantomwing's. there should be a ton more on this list, but this is off the top of my head.

I was a very heavy lurker, probably still am. Either way, being patient is a necessity on this modding forum/game. I'm even waiting on Asf1nk's CSS that was announced. so be patient, and await the great and mighty future of Brawl.
    lol yea I was gonna say how could you forget nebulon he's been a HUGE help for sometime now.... But hold on when did Asf1nk announce a CSS and is it for Bx?

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7416 on: October 16, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »

lol yea I was gonna say how could you forget nebulon he's been a HUGE help for sometime now.... But hold on when did Asf1nk announce a CSS and is it for Bx?
    Go to his thread, and read the last 10 pages. the CSS i'm talking about was announced a long time ago. but it was an example on being patient.

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7417 on: October 17, 2014, 12:12:30 AM »

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 10:18:12 PM
    Is that module complete? Any who it most likely has something to do with the file structure of your clone or if your not using the clone engine tool you have to change the hex decimals.
    [/quote]

Well it doesn't seem to be in the beta rel folders in the download... but I've seen a few different ones floating around. Regardless it seems that I can only make one metaknight clone and each concurrent clone freezes after victory but ONLY if there is another MK clone. It's pretty weird. lol

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7418 on: October 17, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »

Alright, i feel i must apologize for not being present in this thread much anymore...however, with how much help and experienced folk there are around here i didn't feel it was necessary for me to be present much any longer. So, for that i apologize. Especially to those who have trouble with my tool, my videos, etc etc. I do have some good stuff to say though.

First off, i know that the original link to my tool in the OP of this page is down. The link in my signature works though however, so if people wish to use the current version you can get it there.

Next, i have withheld releasing a new version of the tool for some time now specifically because i was just learning to program when i wrote the tool. Not just in c#, learning to program at ALL. I used the tool as a learning tool, and just educated myself along the way. However, the tool is really really terribly coded. This was before i kicked my butt into high gear and started hitting the books. The result of which is my modifications to PSA which a beta version was released of in my thread, and my working on BrawlBox. Now, i am much much MUCH more experienced with programming. That brings me to the point of me posting in this thread again..As of today / tonight, I've resigned to work solely on re-coding the entire tool from scratch. I've already started the development and because of this, and the simplicity of the tool, i should be able to have it finished in no time. And with a bunch of features that i was previously unable to complete or implement.

And lastly, my knowledge of the game in general has increased by a substantial margin. Through my interests in this game's engine, i've gone and learned, researched, and RE'd as much as i can get my hands on. I've moved on from what the game allows me to do, and am now looking back at modifying the game through the modules. Most everything that i have in mind will require editing the module. That being said, the reason im saying this in THIS thread is because i can likely fix / finish the ex modules i had been working on now. I've still got the information PW sent me archived, and i've researched the module structures thoroughly on my own now. I'll see if i can't get some experimental modules made for the peeps in this thread Smiley

I suppose that's it for now. I'll keep you guys posted on the development of the tool, though i still won't be around much to help with troubleshooting unfortunately. I am quite busy nowadays between life stuff and working on my other two projects. Well, until then i guess that's it

(oh, and i'll redo my tutorials all from scratch once the tool is finished. Though i'll leave the vBrawl tut for vanilla BX without the CSS expansion, for those who venture to use that instead)
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:16:16 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7419 on: October 17, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »

You don't have to apologize for anything. Tongue I think it's fantastic that you used this time to study REL files the way you did. Keep up the good work. ^^

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7420 on: October 17, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

I know this may not be a place to ask a question like this but it is related to BrawlEx. May I Release my build without any credits since it's basically a sort of beta build and it'll take me a while to make a credits.txt for everyone whose stuff I'm using. Because I'd like to have some opinions on my brawlex build.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7421 on: October 17, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »

I know this may not be a place to ask a question like this but it is related to BrawlEx. May I Release my build without any credits since it's basically a sort of beta build and it'll take me a while to make a credits.txt for everyone whose stuff I'm using. Because I'd like to have some opinions on my brawlex build.

if you are uploading things that you didnt make as part of a pack, you need to credit

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7422 on: October 17, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »

You need to credit everyone's work in the pack.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7423 on: October 17, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »

I was going to credit everyone, It's just going to take a while to find out who made what and I wanted to have my build reviewed before PW ended up releasing the update, cause you never know when he'll show up with the updated pack and then my pack end up being outdated in the Clone Engine Department right when I finally release it just to get some opinions.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7424 on: October 17, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »

I was going to credit everyone, It's just going to take a while to find out who made what and I wanted to have my build reviewed before PW ended up releasing the update, cause you never know when he'll show up with the updated pack and then my pack end up being outdated in the Clone Engine Department right when I finally release it just to get some opinions.
    I'd say just give it to a select few to test then and avoid a full public release until you have time to credit everyone. It might take awhile to get a pack together, but it isn't fair to neglect all of those who put their hard time in actually making the mods you're using, even if it's only temporary.

Pages:  1 ... 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: