The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 11, 2014, 05:17:58 AM #7620 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:23:17 AM by ebola16
Quote from: brawlboy22 on December 11, 2014, 03:28:25 AM
How does the AFL work ive never used it...
It has some pretty cool functions, though only one instance of this code will work in a .GCT. See this for a full explanation of its possibilities: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-alternate-file-loader-aka-the-clone-engine.250370/.
I use it for its alternative stage capabilities (works with Brawlex!). Unlike the ASL, only one alternate stage per original stage can be loaded using a button activator. That stage must also use the same .rel as its original stage. The last post here will explain the rest: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-have-multiple-of-the-same-stage.277246/.
I was hoping someone was able to get the AFL to load alternate .rels too, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  :'(
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on December 11, 2014, 05:17:58 AM
It has some pretty cool functions, though only one instance of this code will work in a .GCT. See this for a full explanation of its possibilities: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-alternate-file-loader-aka-the-clone-engine.250370/.
I use it for its alternative stage capabilities (works with Brawlex!). Unlike the ASL, only one alternate stage per original stage can be loaded using a button activator. That stage must also use the same .rel as its original stage. The last post here will explain the rest: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-have-multiple-of-the-same-stage.277246/.
I was hoping someone was able to get the AFL to load alternate .rels too, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  :'(

So wait, I'm just walking into this before I settle into some PSA work, but if I understand what's being suggested here, these codes can load an alternate stage so long as it's shared by the same REL? I take it it doesn't change the cosmetic information for the Stage Select screen, but how do you activate it? And it does work with Brawl EX? OR does testing need to be done? If we can get this working with EX we can add more stages.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

December 11, 2014, 05:37:51 AM #7622 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:46:51 AM by ebola16
Quote from: Nebulon on December 11, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
So wait, I'm just walking into this before I settle into some PSA work, but if I understand what's being suggested here, these codes can load an alternate stage so long as it's shared by the same REL? I take it it doesn't change the cosmetic information for the Stage Select screen, but how do you activate it? And it does work with Brawl EX? OR does testing need to be done? If we can get this working with EX we can add more stages.
Correct. The button activator is configurable. I can confirm Gamecube button inputs work, and supposedly classic controller inputs can also be used. The code will only recognize one input configuration though. This can double your stages Nebulon!
This code does not change any cosmetic information. If the button combination is activated when a stage is selected, the code's specified folder will be searched for a stage that has the same filename. Works in my Brawlex setup!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

help, i have run into save file corruption while using the phantom wings stage expansion v2.0 with brawlex.
because now whenever i play brawl with no codes and goto my music and choose battlefield the game crashes!
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

search for the my music reset codes on google.

December 12, 2014, 03:54:34 PM #7625 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:23:24 PM by leondanny56
Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on December 12, 2014, 03:46:27 PM
search for the my music reset codes on google.

are you sure that will fix it because it's even frezeing with no codes

Post Merge: December 12, 2014, 04:35:00 PM

Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on December 12, 2014, 03:46:27 PM
search for the my music reset codes on google.

just tried it, that fixed it thank you very much

also would you mind giving me the link to to all the stage's my music reset codes?
because i only found the one to battlefield.



Post Merge: December 12, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

umm i have a new problem when i load up the extra stages the stage expansion gives me no music plays, however the music at all the normal stages works just fine.

Post Merge: December 12, 2014, 06:23:24 PM

I'm just posting that i have fixed my problem.
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Help! The download is broken for the clone tool.

Quote from: ebola16 on December 11, 2014, 05:17:58 AM
It has some pretty cool functions, though only one instance of this code will work in a .GCT. See this for a full explanation of its possibilities: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-alternate-file-loader-aka-the-clone-engine.250370/.
I use it for its alternative stage capabilities (works with Brawlex!). Unlike the ASL, only one alternate stage per original stage can be loaded using a button activator. That stage must also use the same .rel as its original stage. The last post here will explain the rest: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-have-multiple-of-the-same-stage.277246/.
I was hoping someone was able to get the AFL to load alternate .rels too, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  :'(

Interesting. So basically you could get by this little cosmetic issue by using split preview pics. Possibly an icon of the button configuration to access the stage's alternate as well. However only 1 button activation can be used at a time? Mind you I suppose you could get around this by having multiple versions of your codeset for users of different controller types.
Still, I might look into this sometime to hold me over until the stage select screen is expanded farther.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 14, 2014, 01:44:44 AM
Interesting. So basically you could get by this little cosmetic issue by using split preview pics. Possibly an icon of the button configuration to access the stage's alternate as well. However only 1 button activation can be used at a time? Mind you I suppose you could get around this by having multiple versions of your codeset for users of different controller types.
Still, I might look into this sometime to hold me over until the stage select screen is expanded farther.

Split pictures will work, but only one button activator will be recognized. I tried using multiple activators, but the code handler will only recognize the first button activator.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

BROKEN LINK
[tt]My name is branden lowe and I make EDM music, and I also mod SSBB and other stuff[/tt]

Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

[tt]My name is branden lowe and I make EDM music, and I also mod SSBB and other stuff[/tt]

Quote from: SUPEREPICFAIL45 on December 17, 2014, 05:28:24 AM
The clone tool link is broken.

I apologize, but currently your better off waiting until i finish the new version of that tool. If you really want to try the old one, an updated link is in my signature.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on December 17, 2014, 08:06:28 AM
I apologize, but currently your better off waiting until i finish the new version of that tool. If you really want to try the old one, an updated link is in my signature.
I know this is off topic, but how is that tool coming along? I cannot wait for the new delicious features.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Well i've currently finished re-writing all core functions, and finished adding some new ones. The tool is back to (close to) 100% functionality in regards to where it last left off, however i have more plans for the tool before i officially release it.