The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on December 28, 2014, 08:57:16 PM
Request: stageroster.dat
And sfxroster.dat

Stages all the way for me :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I would KILL for SFX. Stages already have PW's Stage Expansion for now.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 28, 2014, 09:56:50 PM
I would KILL for SFX. Stages already have PW's Stage Expansion for now.

I'm fine with SFX since i just use enemy SFX.

Configuring boss slots and utilizing combo characters, I have 101 characters and most of them have SFX.

Stages are my main thing I'm looking forward too. I really wonder what that would be like :) Like if it would be just like Brawl EX clone engine.

I think the current stage code conflicts with All-Star mode, so maybe PW's new method won't.

But if it does, I don't mind, I just like stages now.

Anyway, as far as EX goes, does anyone know what the next modules coming out are?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on December 28, 2014, 08:57:16 PM
Request: stageroster.dat
And sfxroster.dat

^THIS THIS THIS.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

PW said he was looking into hijacking the stagebuilder stage select to display custom stages instead, the last time he mentioned it. I've been hyped for it ever since, the current custom stage roster code already supports as many stages as you can number iirc the only downfall is that there's no way to access them all from the SSS.

As for sfx it'd be nice too, but having to retool all the psas to work with it would be about as much of a pain as it is to work things around with enemies and bosses, so I really don't mind muting / limiting the sfx of clones.

However, SFX is what MOST people want.

And many characters (like Deadpool, Sephiroth, etc) don't sound good when having no sounds, or if they have the sounds of the original character (i.e. Snake and Marth).
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

anyone know if this works with the Wii emulator?

Quote from: greatergameplayer on December 29, 2014, 05:55:11 AM
anyone know if this works with the Wii emulator?
Yep, it does.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on December 29, 2014, 05:58:42 AM
Yep, it does.

What is the Wii emulator?

It might help me after my disk fails.
It hasn't failed yet, but I have to take other options in case.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Dolphin, of course.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

It also can emulate GC games, it even has the GC's original codename (dolphin)

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on December 29, 2014, 06:34:36 AM
Dolphin, of course.

Oh...
Dolphin never worked for me.
All of you were lucky.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on December 29, 2014, 04:27:25 PM
Oh...
Dolphin never worked for me.
All of you were lucky.

You can always take the USB loading route if you softmod your wii. That's what I did to put my Wii on life support.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 29, 2014, 05:43:38 PM
You can always take the USB loading route if you softmod your wii. That's what I did to put my Wii on life support.

USB Loader right?

I'd need to check a tutorial for that and how to use BrawlEx with it.

Only in case if my SSBB disk fails.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

December 30, 2014, 09:40:11 AM #7679 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:39:41 AM by Persona-Aya
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on December 29, 2014, 05:51:18 PM
USB Loader right?

I'd need to check a tutorial for that and how to use BrawlEx with it.

Only in case if my SSBB disk fails.

BrawlEx should work the exact same way as how you currently use it. I'm not sure how to phrase it any better - just from my experience adjusting to using a USB loader for running codes and BrawlEx, I didn't have to adjust anything specific aside from PAL to NTSC-U adjustments, so you should be okay.

Now I've heard some people say that some methods of stage expansion don't work with BrawlEx, which is something I'm just now thinking about messing around with. Does 'Phantom Wing's Stage Expansion Code 2.0' and/or 'Eternal Yoshi's Maxed Out CSS' conflict with BrawlEx, and if they do, how do I get the stage expansion to work while also using BrawlEx? Can I choose what songs these new stages play?

Post Merge: December 31, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

I have no idea how to do a post merge - hoping it works automatically. If not sorry!

I'm trying to use cbliss in conjunction with BrawlEx. Anything I should be aware of, like codes not working together, or what to do as both BrawlEx and clbiss have their own STGRESULT.pac, or anything else like that?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance: