The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: tyshy on February 28, 2015, 03:48:08 AM
Does brawlex support all star SSE and classic yet?

I know it supports classic for sure, last I tried All-star crashed when trying to do co-op but I think it works fine in single player now. Pretty sure SSE is still broken though.

Quote from: omegafalcon on February 28, 2015, 12:36:54 AM
Ok
OK I got the clone to work, did you figure out the issue with the CSS portraits?
Check out step 6 in this. That should solve the portrait issue.

Ok for some reason after adding clones the game is freezing alot more often then it used to. Is there a way to fix this.

Also, is there a way to add sound files?
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on February 28, 2015, 05:05:26 PM
Ok for some reason after adding clones the game is freezing alot more often then it used to. Is there a way to fix this.

Also, is there a way to add sound files?
Sound?... I know there is a way, but I have never messed with it. Search the tutorial threads for help there.

Where is the game freezing with clones? Is it consistent, or does it appear to happen randomly during matches? How many clones have you added, and what PSA are giving you troubles? I know some PSA don't like PM physics; such as the Goku. I believe that one freezes when trying to air dodge... I think... don't quote me on that one... :P

March 01, 2015, 05:25:04 AM #7894 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:40:43 AM by omegafalcon
Quote from: PMCB on February 28, 2015, 11:04:42 PM
Sound?... I know there is a way, but I have never messed with it. Search the tutorial threads for help there.

Where is the game freezing with clones? Is it consistent, or does it appear to happen randomly during matches? How many clones have you added, and what PSA are giving you troubles? I know some PSA don't like PM physics; such as the Goku. I believe that one freezes when trying to air dodge... I think... don't quote me on that one... :P

Edit: I've erased my previous post because I found out what/who was causing it to freeze. I added a Sora PSA and everytime we go into a match with him the game freezes when the match first loads.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Hey Im having a problem with the CSS where I can't have more than 50 icons/slots on the screen. Dose any one have a fix or a solution for me?

Quote from: Ssisk on March 01, 2015, 07:09:16 PM
Hey Im having a problem with the CSS where I can't have more than 50 icons/slots on the screen. Dose any one have a fix or a solution for me?
ur cssroster.dat is probably not configured to have ,ore than 50 characters.
u can configure it by the tools provided by phantom wings or by a hex editor.
i cant recall exactly what 2 numbers are configured in the cssroster.dat via hex atm though

Is it possible to clone a solo shiek?

March 02, 2015, 03:33:33 AM #7898 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:32:27 AM by omegafalcon
OK, I added a Darkrai clone to my game but some of his animations are way to big. Is there a way to change there size?

Edit: I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what to do on step3 of PCMB CSP tutorial, could you help me out a little bit?
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on March 02, 2015, 03:33:33 AM
OK, I added a Darkrai clone to my game but some of his animations are way to big. Is there a way to change there size?

Edit: I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what to do on step3 of PCMB CSP tutorial, could you help me out a little bit?
I PMed you. :P


Quote from: rk12 on March 02, 2015, 12:52:30 AM
Is it possible to clone a solo shiek?
I'm not 100% sure. If you can, then it would be using the BX CSS Expansion v1.0.2.2 download in the OP. ;)

Quote from: Ssisk on March 01, 2015, 07:09:16 PM
Hey Im having a problem with the CSS where I can't have more than 50 icons/slots on the screen. Dose any one have a fix or a solution for me?

If you're using the BrawlEx CSS Expansion, and you're still stuck at 50, then you probably don't have the BrawlExCSS's sc_selcharacter.pac file in your patching directory. Without it, your CSS will only go up to 50.

Quote from: rk12 on March 02, 2015, 12:52:30 AM
Is it possible to clone a solo shiek?

Currently, no. Sheik is dependent on Zelda for the Final Smash resources that are stored in FitZelda.pac. That being said, there's nothing stopping you from creating a character slot that selects Sheik by default and then just removing the ability to transform into Zelda.

I've been wondering...Has CSS Expansion v2 been looked into a bit more in an attempt to fix its issues?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 03, 2015, 03:23:08 AM
I've been wondering...Has CSS Expansion v2 been looked into a bit more in an attempt to fix its issues?

Not much since last update. It's one of the things I'd want to do next though. I really hate having to downres the CSS portraits. The issue is caused by a combination of two things: the first being that everytime you hover over an icon, it reloads both the previous portrait and the new portrait twice for some reason; and the second being that the more files you have in a single directory on an SD card, the longer it takes to load a file from that directory.

Of course, the main issue is memory constraints. There simply isn't enough resource memory in the Wii available to store so many unique portraits at such a high resolution all at once. It may be possible to make due with just using the SD card for storage using buffered loading if it proves to be impossible to get those load times down, but otherwise, the only other option is to make due with what we already have.

Quote from: PhantomWings on March 03, 2015, 03:04:02 AM
Currently, no. Sheik is dependent on Zelda for the Final Smash resources that are stored in FitZelda.pac. That being said, there's nothing stopping you from creating a character slot that selects Sheik by default and then just removing the ability to transform into Zelda.

Out of curiosity, how do you do this?  Would that involve getting rid of the ability to use Sheik normally?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Sorry if I ask this, but are there any possibilities to have cloned SFX?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.