The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ASF1nk on April 16, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
neither.

What about a common5.pac?


I don't have one. Maybe I should? I just don't know what's the difference between the common5.pac and the menu2 folder if they have the same resources.

The thing I noticed is that common5 is loaded pretty much on boot and can't be refreshed, while menu2 can be changed on the fly by reloading its files.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The only thing I have is the FilePatch code, Mario's cs_tex000.bress on the CSP folder, and my own sc_selcharacter.pac from which I deleted Mario's CSPs for testing.

Maybe check the log on dolphin; it might tell you something.
Skype: ASF1nk



Oh, I don't use dolphin. My cpu is old lol, but I did what you did and moved every file out of the way aside from the CSP folder and system3. I unchecked every code aside from the patch code, and the SDHC extension (cause I need it lol) and it still crashed. I'm sure it doesn't matter what patch code you're using. You're probably using the latest, right?
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote
Sometimes people won't respond if they don't know the answer to your question. Things are less active here as of late too so patience is a must.

You might wanna check your battle portraits, if they're incorrectly named or placed the game will crash before it has a chance to load them. If it's a silent crash you're missing a required file. If the base character (Lucario I'm assuming in this instance) has anything that the clone character didn't come packaged with (Entry, Final smash, etc) make sure to copy it from the original character's files and slap them in there renamed to your clone (You can find all the original files under the resources page at the top of the site).
Sorry about that.

Well, I check my BP (it's named correctly), so I don't think that's the problem.

I think I have located the problem: the Lucario files in the Data Partition are missing the FitLucarioFake and FitLucarioEntry files. Unless they are not part of it; otherwise everything is accounted for.

EDIT1: I checked the Mewtwo files within Project M, and they don't seem to have those files. Therefore, I think my file placement is accounted for, yet it continues to crash my game.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.


Can anyone help me? I'm not really sure how to use the new brawlex css expansion. I'm trying to have the cosmetics for slot 147 load through the sd card (to save space in sc_selcharacter.pac), but i'm not sure how to format it. I tried cs_tex147.brres, but that didn't work. I just don't understand how.

Quote from: rk12 on April 16, 2015, 07:18:02 PM
Can anyone help me? I'm not really sure how to use the new brawlex css expansion. I'm trying to have the cosmetics for slot 147 load through the sd card (to save space in sc_selcharacter.pac), but i'm not sure how to format it. I tried cs_tex147.brres, but that didn't work. I just don't understand how.
What exactly happens?
Did you put the .bress in the correct file path?
Did you change the compression to "None"?
Skype: ASF1nk



April 16, 2015, 07:42:46 PM #8017 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:45:03 PM by rk12
Quote from: ASF1nk on April 16, 2015, 07:39:24 PM
What exactly happens?
Did you put the .bress in the correct file path?
Did you change the compression to "None"?


There was no compression, and the filepath was this: BrawlEx/char_bust_tex/cs_tex147

specifically, the game hard freezes.

April 16, 2015, 07:49:29 PM #8018 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:52:47 PM by Power Marshall
Welp... I think I found the issue. The common3.pac conflicts with your CSS fix code, PW... or any code to do with css modifying, it seems. Without them, it works fine.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: rk12 on April 16, 2015, 07:42:46 PM
There was no compression, and the filepath was this: BrawlEx/char_bust_tex/cs_tex147

specifically, the game hard freezes.

Freezes where?
Entering CSS?
Hovering over an icon?


Quote from: Power Marshall on April 16, 2015, 07:49:29 PM
Welp... I think I found the issue. The common3.pac conflicts with your CSS fix code, PW... or any code to do with css modifying, it seems. Without them, it works fine.

That's odd...
Do you use BrawlEx?
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: Keizer Ghidorah on April 16, 2015, 07:44:06 PM
I have tried to load my Lucario clone again, and it still crashes my Wii whenever I enter a match (the way it crashes for me varies, but it either makes that annoying noise or it just stops working altogether). The files needed for the clone to work are accounted for in the right folder for the clone, and the Battle Portrait is correctly named and placed in its correct location.

Is there any way that anyone can assist me further?
Do the files work over the normal Lucario? Are the loaded files going over Lucario's file size limit?

Also Power Marshall if you're using that css expansion on a regular wii it really does have a nasty stutter in its current state, not very practical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczvjrKrKR8

Quote from: ASF1nk on April 16, 2015, 08:13:29 PM
Freezes where?
Entering CSS?
Hovering over an icon?

It freezes when hovering over an icon. I apologize for being so vague.

Quote from: ASF1nk on April 16, 2015, 08:13:29 PM

That's odd...
Do you use BrawlEx?


No. I did exactly what you did and got rid of everything but the CSP folder, and system folder (with common 3 only) and the only codes were File patch, and SDHC expansion code. It works when I do that, but if I include anything that touches the CSS in anway (CSS fix, Custom CSS, etc.), it crashes.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on April 16, 2015, 10:36:09 PM
Do the files work over the normal Lucario? Are the loaded files going over Lucario's file size limit?
I dunno. I'll have to check whenever I can.

Regarding file size limit, the texture and model are way below the limit, and the moveset is about 90 kb over. The FitLucario clone file I'm using is about 100 kb over.
I may just replace them with the normal ones and see what happens, because FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac and the FitLucario.pac files I'm using are from a custom PSA. I will post my progress whenever I get the chance.

EDIT1: I got the chance, and tested the clone with normal files (save for the model-texture file for the clone) and right when I went to hover my cursor over the clone, the game crashes. Sooooo........what did I do wrong?
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Quote from: Power Marshall on April 16, 2015, 11:10:50 PM
No. I did exactly what you did and got rid of everything but the CSP folder, and system folder (with common 3 only) and the only codes were File patch, and SDHC expansion code. It works when I do that, but if I include anything that touches the CSS in anway (CSS fix, Custom CSS, etc.), it crashes.

That's to be expected to some extent. Those codes modify assembly in sora_menu_sel_char.rel. If you change the size of the module, then the alignment of the file changes causing a shift in the assembly code. This causes those codes to write to the wrong places making things unstable. There's also a small gotcha with the way module sections are aligned. Due to a small quirk in the way they're structured, the module editor can't perfectly recompile them to the exact same alignment. You can however, force the sections to line up properly if you pad out each section with extra bytes. The best way to ensure code compatibility is by first ensuring that the module's FixSize matches the original, and then performing a diff on the two files to see where where the section alignments differ (Note that they only need to match up to the FixSize.). From there, you can manually pad out each section to properly line them up again.

Quote from: Keizer Ghidorah on April 17, 2015, 02:25:44 AM
I dunno. I'll have to check whenever I can.

Regarding file size limit, the texture and model are way below the limit, and the moveset is about 90 kb over. The FitLucario clone file I'm using is about 100 kb over.
I may just replace them with the normal ones and see what happens, because FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac and the FitLucario.pac files I'm using are from a custom PSA. I will post my progress whenever I get the chance.

EDIT1: I got the chance, and tested the clone with normal files (save for the model-texture file for the clone) and right when I went to hover my cursor over the clone, the game crashes. Sooooo........what did I do wrong?

Crashing due to hovering over the icon implies an error in the CSP data. To confirm this, you could try changing the CSSSlot config file's cosmetic ID to someone that you know already works like Mario. If it still crashes, then it is likely there is something wrong with your core BrawlEx file setup.