The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

has any body got a wolf brawlex psa to be able to load the blaster bullet and work correct because when i brawlex port my psa and edit the gfx the blaster bullet does not work so i open the psa in bb and go to the articles and add the new gfx to the article and it loads in game but it wont move does any body know how to fix this?

Quote from: ebola16 on July 16, 2015, 10:30:29 AM
Are you referring to using the combination of the tracklist modifier code, Stage-Track Dependant Song Loader codes, and Custom Sound Engine? I'm doing that now.  I would really like to see something that allows a new .brstm file to be read from the Wii .iso.

How is that any different?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


July 21, 2015, 08:08:30 PM #8132 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:10:59 PM by ebola16
Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on July 19, 2015, 01:51:30 PM
How is that any different?
Music can take up a lot of space on the SD card. Also, less reads from the SD card would be required. The file patch code nor the custom sound engine currently recognize new BRSTM files on the ISO (although this may be due to nothing in the system that points to the new files...)
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Considering we can use SDHC now, and that the time to read the SD card is minimal SPECIALLY when compared to reading from the game disc itself, I still think it's pointless.

With a 8GB SDHC card, you can have pretty much everything in the game replaced, and still add stuff. Or do you forget that the Brawl ISO itself is 7.92GB?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on July 21, 2015, 09:29:57 PM
Considering we can use SDHC now, and that the time to read the SD card is minimal SPECIALLY when compared to reading from the game disc itself, I still think it's pointless.

With a 8GB SDHC card, you can have pretty much everything in the game replaced, and still add stuff. Or do you forget that the Brawl ISO itself is 7.92GB?
I like to keep the same SD card setup in Dolphin and real Wiis. Dolphin doesn't work with virtual SD cards higher than 2 gigs and songs can take up a lot of space. I still think there's value in reading new BRSTMs from an ISO (or having an ISO version of the custom sound engine). With wit, ISOs can be made from a filesystem so technically the size limit of Brawl's ISO is now the size of the hard drive. I'd rather read new BRSTMS from an ISO than worry about Dolphin/Wii SD compatibility.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on July 22, 2015, 03:43:34 PM
I like to keep the same SD card setup in Dolphin and real Wiis. Dolphin doesn't work with virtual SD cards higher than 2 gigs and songs can take up a lot of space. I still think there's value in reading new BRSTMs from an ISO (or having an ISO version of the custom sound engine). With wit, ISOs can be made from a filesystem so technically the size limit of Brawl's ISO is now the size of the hard drive. I'd rather read new BRSTMS from an ISO than worry about Dolphin/Wii SD compatibility.

That is very theoretical. Are you sure Dolphin would still read the ISO properly after it's been expanded?

Anyways, nothing you said before mentioned Dolphin, so, from a Wii standpoint, your wish is already fulfilled. Even on Dolphin! Dolphin can also use added sounds from the SD with the codes, as long as you stay under the limit of a 2GB SD.

Since you're planning to use lots of music, your issue is actually with the virtual SD. Dolphin should allow for greater virtual SDs than 2GB, or, instead, allow you to use a real SD card instead of a virtual one.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


July 22, 2015, 08:18:58 PM #8136 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:29:17 PM by ebola16
Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on July 22, 2015, 04:46:01 PM
That is very theoretical. Are you sure Dolphin would still read the ISO properly after it's been expanded?

Anyways, nothing you said before mentioned Dolphin, so, from a Wii standpoint, your wish is already fulfilled. Even on Dolphin! Dolphin can also use added sounds from the SD with the codes, as long as you stay under the limit of a 2GB SD.

Since you're planning to use lots of music, your issue is actually with the virtual SD. Dolphin should allow for greater virtual SDs than 2GB, or, instead, allow you to use a real SD card instead of a virtual one.
I've been using wit to expand the ISO for Brawl for awhile. I've had no problems on both Dolphin and real Wiis (USB Loader GX). That's why adding music to the ISO would be a sensible option since the ISO can easily be recreated.

Also, PhantomWings, the slow loading times for the "BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x" would probably be eliminated by reading cs_tex###.brres from the ISO.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I figure this is the most relevant place to ask this, does anyone know of a work around for changing gfx files for fighters that use REFF data?
I noticed after changing MarioDk's Goku over Pit to his own file that when in a battle with Pit his Kaioken transformation spawns a bunch of feather effects around him instead of the flames it's supposed to create. I've tried renaming them but that just breaks them entirely. Is there another method for getting around this?

Help! The Dark Samus PSA randomly turned into Mario and it was working fine the other day, what do I do to fix this problem?

August 05, 2015, 11:31:28 AM #8139 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:03:23 AM by ebola16
Quick question, does the Mr. Resetti assist trophy crash when using Brawlex characters for anyone else?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on August 05, 2015, 11:31:28 AM
Quick question, does the Mr. Resetti assist trophy crash on Dolphin (but not real Wiis) when using Brawlex characters for anyone else?

It crashes for me on Wiis.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

My guess as to a fix is either we need new text for Mr Resseti for the brawlEx characters or make it so Mr Resseti uses a default characters text for when he appears like maybe use the text he uses when mario is out .

Anyways does anyone know how to make bowser alone clone slots, I'm very confused as to how I go about setting on up.

So, what module(s) do(es) PM's 'Independent Pokémon' use? I had an interesting thought regarding Pokémon Trainer, in that I'd like to have both the main Trainer, as well as vBrawl-converted versions of the PM independent ones linked to their individual CSS boxes with their own legit CSPs and everything as EX-characters.

That way, you can choose which style you want, strategic switching, or a single moveset you prefer.

Would this be a possibility?

August 06, 2015, 11:02:36 AM #8143 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:55:38 PM by ebola16
Quote from: Nebulon on August 05, 2015, 02:55:09 PM
It crashes for me on Wiis.
Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
4A000000 90180F08
14000054 00040000
E0000000 80008000
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Yeah, we need to get the ability to make more Mr.Ressetti lines for ex characters or one like what Nintendo did with Pits codecs with DLC fighters. Anyway I've been gone a long time so anything happen recently?