The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Persona-Aya on November 24, 2015, 07:54:08 AM
I remember it was doing something weird where if you taunted or got thrown to the right side of the screen the game would freeze, as well as other occasionally random freezes after certain attacks or while jumping. Do you have to do anything special to make it work or is it I might have just screwed up somewhere? Also I'm not sure if it matters but I play on the Wii console, not using Dolphin
I too haven't experienced those issues on Dolphin or the real Wii. If secretchaos1's files don't work you can try redownloading the Dark Samus over Marth PSA and replacing the files. It's possible that something got messed up in the config files or module since they needed to be edited for slots other than the preconfigured 3F in the download.

Quote from: Sirkura on November 24, 2015, 06:14:37 PM
we have 3.6's asl figured out i think, we found its pointers, we just have no clue where BeX is pointing. everything is a bit jumbled and hard to read. i think once we get a fix on BeX's pointers we will be able to fix it relitively quickly.

also quick question about samus and ZSS. using them as stand alone characters with BeX? would that increase their file size limit? i know they typically share it. i'm planning on learning PSA and have 2  characters in particular over each respectively.
The strange pointers don't surprise me. While this doesn't really answer your question, I can tell you that the ZSS Beta module works fine for me. Also, I tried using the Samus Beta module but it ended up crashing at the match start. I only tried the samus module once though so I can't say it doesn't work at all.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on November 24, 2015, 09:08:49 PM
I too haven't experienced those issues on Dolphin or the real Wii. If secretchaos1's files don't work you can try redownloading the Dark Samus over Marth PSA and replacing the files. It's possible that something got messed up in the config files or module since they needed to be edited for slots other than the preconfigured 3F in the download.
The strange pointers don't surprise me. While this doesn't really answer your question, I can tell you that the ZSS Beta module works fine for me. Also, I tried using the Samus Beta module but it ended up crashing at the match start. I only tried the samus module once though so I can't say it doesn't work at all.
as far as i've seen from my own testing samus just had the same glitch as lucario had when it was first made, the charge shot is invisible. its probbaly fixable in a similar way as well (was it to do with renaming the article and making it unique? i don't remember now). i already know ZSS works flawlessly xD i use 2 ZSS clones in my build.

Quote from: Sirkura on November 25, 2015, 10:49:45 AM
as far as i've seen from my own testing samus just had the same glitch as lucario had when it was first made, the charge shot is invisible. its probbaly fixable in a similar way as well (was it to do with renaming the article and making it unique? i don't remember now). i already know ZSS works flawlessly xD i use 2 ZSS clones in my build.
I've never had the charge shot issue either. (I know the model is different, but I haven't edited the Fit*.pac or motion files)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on November 25, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
I've never had the charge shot issue either. (I know the model is different, but I haven't edited the Fit*.pac or motion files)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


lol that psa isn't using the charge shot article but a graphic. graphics are unaffected. try copying samus without any edits and you will see it.

Quote from: Sirkura on November 26, 2015, 12:24:47 PM
lol that psa isn't using the charge shot article but a graphic. graphics are unaffected. try copying samus without any edits and you will see it.
Oh I always thought that was intentional lol
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Sirkura on November 24, 2015, 06:14:37 PM
also quick question about samus and ZSS. using them as stand alone characters with BeX? would that increase their file size limit? i know they typically share it. i'm planning on learning PSA and have 2  characters in particular over each respectively.

You have to use an ASM code to separate their memory limits or something. IDK if BeX does that for you by default or not. ASF1NK had a thread with experimental codes and I think that might have been one of them. If I were you, I'd look for it and check it out. You might find something useful.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's been a while since I've checked into this thread.

Have there been any new advancements in anything?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: secretchaos1 on November 24, 2015, 05:16:40 PM
I'm on wii console as well and the version I have works flawlessly. I can send it to you, but I've modified it slightly to be less broken (not in terms of crashing, but before she could do inf jumps, and her final smash lasted way too long).

If you could send that my way I'd appreciate it! I do prefer having characters not being broken
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Large Leader on November 27, 2015, 01:42:51 AM
You have to use an ASM code to separate their memory limits or something. IDK if BeX does that for you by default or not. ASF1NK had a thread with experimental codes and I think that might have been one of them. If I were you, I'd look for it and check it out. You might find something useful.
If you're referring to these codes ~ASF1nk's Misc. Codes~, the offsets will likely need to be adjusted for Brawlex.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

November 28, 2015, 01:27:01 PM #8319 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:00:52 PM by Sirkura
Quote from: ebola16 on November 28, 2015, 05:10:23 AM
If you're referring to these codes ~ASF1nk's Misc. Codes~, the offsets will likely need to be adjusted for Brawlex.

but wouldn't BeX already have them seperated by default? since each one uses a seperate module file, and i think they were seperated to prevent freezing. i'm gonna have to look back into the beta module readme's i suppose the only way to really know is to try it out. hmm the codes may not work as well, since BeX overwrites and character data, but that will be the next thing i try.

Post Merge: November 29, 2015, 04:00:52 PM

http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-project-m-xp-1-4-11-2-15-600-stages-new-costumes-and-characters-soon.418870/page-6#post-20514977

Woooooooo!!!! progress! asl compatibility fix is almost complete. PL said it should be ready by tonight.

Hey, so it seems as though I've addressed the compatibility issues that people have encountered with BrawlEX and ASL. This solution, while intended for PM+BeX, may also work for Vanilla Brawl, but I haven't tested out the hypothetical cross-compatibility. If there are any issues with it, let me know; I may have copied a code down wrong in creating the text document.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/oeM6uB4u/file.html

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on November 29, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
Hey, so it seems as though I've addressed the compatibility issues that people have encountered with BrawlEX and ASL. This solution, while intended for PM+BeX, may also work for Vanilla Brawl, but I haven't tested out the hypothetical cross-compatibility. If there are any issues with it, let me know; I may have copied a code down wrong in creating the text document.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/oeM6uB4u/file.html
I'll get to some testing tonight, thanks for the shoutout for finding the codes by the way!

I'm assuming one block of the custom patch function is used for stages, the second for their corresponding .rels?
Would I also be right in assuming it follows the same format as the original ASL? I figure as much, since that's how I was even able to find the codes in the first place.

November 29, 2015, 09:30:26 PM #8322 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:08:23 AM by ebola16
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on November 29, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
Hey, so it seems as though I've addressed the compatibility issues that people have encountered with BrawlEX and ASL. This solution, while intended for PM+BeX, may also work for Vanilla Brawl, but I haven't tested out the hypothetical cross-compatibility. If there are any issues with it, let me know; I may have copied a code down wrong in creating the text document.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/oeM6uB4u/file.html
Unfortunately these codes do not appear to work with Brawlex (WITHOUT P:M integration). Tested using Dolphin 4.0-8246 in debug mode.

Crap, I meant to keep the old experiments but I accidentally erased them. Oh well, they had incorrect assumptions about crashes anyway. The most current experimental setup is the one on page 559.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Oh, that's not a good sign already! I'll still do some testing tonight on wii hardware and see if there's any difference.
On another note I see how the code is set up now, the stages to be loaded and rels to be loaded are all bunched up into the main code. It should probably be split up like so:

ASL 3.6 -PATCHED- [Members of PMDT, patched by PyotrLuzhin]
C23FA360 00000030
91620000 90E20004
91820008 90620010
91220014 3C607072
60636F6A 80E10020
7C033800 4082013C
3C602F73 6063745F
80E1003F 7C033800
41820024 3C602F53
60635447 80E10044
7C033800 40820114
39800ACE 80E10048
48000008 80E10043
3D60DFDF 616BDFDF
7CE75838 3D60805A
616B7CB4 2C0C0ACE
40820008 396BFFFC
816B0000 806B0000
892B0004 880B0005
2C030DED 418200CC
7C033800 41820014
396B0008 1D290008
7D6B4814 4BFFFFD8
2C090000 4182005C
396B0008 A0EB0000
3C608058 606358B8
A0630002 3D408059
894A82F8 2C0A0001
40820018 3D408059
A14A82FA 2C0A0000
41820010 48000014
7CE71839 4082000C
3929FFFF 4BFFFFB4
3D408059 B16A82FA
886B0003 48000024
2C000000 4182004C
3C608058 606358BC
80630000 7D2303D6
7D2049D6 7C691810
38E05F41 7CE71A14
B0E6FFFC 3C602E72
6063656C 2C0C0ACE
4082000C 3C602E50
60634143 9066FFFE
38A5FFFE 38C60002
81620000 80E20004
81820008 80620010
81220014 38000000
60000000 00000000

-ASL Data 1-
46000010 00000000
44000000 005A7CB0
66200033 00000000
45415254 01000000
00400019 00000000
47524545 01000000
00400019 00000000
4943450E 01000000
00400019 00000000
4D414445 01000000
00400019 00000000
4E4F5246 01000000
00400019 00000000
4F4E4C49 01000000
00400019 00000000
50414C55 01000000
00400019 00000000
504C414E 01000000
00400019 00000000
53544144 01000000
00400019 00000000
53544152 01000000
00400019 00000000
4A554E47 01000000
00400019 00000000
4D415249 01000000
00400019 00000000
4F4C4449 01000000
00400019 00000000
44584752 01000000
00400019 00000000
4458434F 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585A45 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585053 01000000
00400019 00000000
444F4C50 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585348 01000000
00400019 00000000
4458594F 01000000
00400019 00000000
42415454 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585243 01000000
00400019 00000000
4E455750 01000000
00400019 00000000
43524159 01000000
00400019 00000000
454D424C 01000000
00400019 00000000
00000DED FADEDEAD
E0000000 80008000

-ASL Data 2-
46000010 00000000
44000000 005A7CB4
66200033 00000000
45415254 01000000
00400019 00000000
47524545 01000000
00400019 00000000
4943450E 01000000
00400019 00000000
4D414445 01000000
00400019 00000000
4E4F5246 01000000
00400019 00000000
4F4E4C49 01000000
00400019 00000000
50414C55 01000000
00400019 00000000
504C414E 01000000
00400019 00000000
53544144 01000000
00400019 00000000
53544152 01000000
00400019 00000000
4A554E47 01000000
00400019 00000000
4D415249 01000000
00400019 00000000
4F4C4449 01000000
00400019 00000000
44584752 01000000
00400019 00000000
4458434F 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585A45 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585053 01000000
00400019 00000000
444F4C50 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585348 01000000
00400019 00000000
4458594F 01000000
00400019 00000000
42415454 01000000
00400019 00000000
44585243 01000000
00400019 00000000
4E455750 01000000
00400019 00000000
43524159 01000000
00400019 00000000
454D424C 01000000
00400019 00000000
00000DED FADEDEAD
E0000000 80008000

November 29, 2015, 10:53:17 PM #8324 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:55:26 PM by ebola16
I just found something interesting. See my previous post for a complete description.
Summary of Changes: Using my setup without the 3 Unknown codes will cause all Brawlex characters to crash the game before the results screen. Including the 3 unknown codes causes Project M based PSAs to not have this problem.
Additionally, loading an expansion stage in Test Case 3 crashed the game.

I suspect that the new ASL still depends on a P:M modified .rel but more testing is needed.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!