The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Do I actually need to download all of the parts in the downloads? I really need to add more actual spaces to the screen rather than having a character's palette be a separate mod.

I would just like compatibility to be able to clone even more fighters than the rels corrently supplied. lol.

And maybe more memory to add cosmetics for ALL clones.

But I'm glad we have what we have.

Is it currently possible to set an icon for a BrawlEx clone for the Replay menu?

As I found the file for it (Replay .brres), added the texture and PAT0 entry, but it didn't show up. Could it be intended for things like preventing Instance Memory issues? Or do I need to do something additional with one of my configs?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Also, the BrawlEx Clone Tool's link is dead.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 29, 2015, 06:24:24 PM
Is it currently possible to set an icon for a BrawlEx clone for the Replay menu?

As I found the file for it (Replay .brres), added the texture and PAT0 entry, but it didn't show up. Could it be intended for things like preventing Instance Memory issues? Or do I need to do something additional with one of my configs?
I can't recall hearing about anyone ever doing it, so I'd assume it might be intentional. Or perhaps it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Also the Clone Tool link is dead because it's no longer compatible with the newest version of BrawlEx. Stick to setting it up manually.

While I'm asking questions and stuff, this has likely been asked, but is there a way to expand the amount of stages that's compatible with BrawlEx? I'm aware ASL isn't, hence my asking.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 29, 2015, 09:51:51 PM

Also the Clone Tool link is dead because it's no longer compatible with the newest version of BrawlEx. Stick to setting it up manually.

This. And in all honesty, it's time-consuming but not all that hard. Even an idiot like me can set it up manually. :P

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 01, 2016, 01:42:10 AM
While I'm asking questions and stuff, this has likely been asked, but is there a way to expand the amount of stages that's compatible with BrawlEx? I'm aware ASL isn't, hence my asking.

I use the Stage Roster Expansion.

Mind linking me to the general thread on it? KCMM's Search function isn't working for me right now.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Alma's alternate file loader also works.  tho you have to have the same REL base for each stage. its not to hard to set up. i believe their is a tool out there that does it for you as well. ohh and fun fact. we were experimenting and managed to double our costumes xD you can use the AFL code to load things other then stages, like fighter folders, with limitations.

for instance you can have 3 link psa's set up in ASL that work. but you can not have more then one in the same match or it crashes. however we have been playing with it and found you can double your costumes this way. (even more if you take the time to set up more alts) you just need to have the same PSA and other files aside from costumes for it to work.

I've fixed the ASL code so it works with BrawlEX, at least in the PM+BrawlEX build I've set up. I don't know if it works in vBrawl though.

so when using the roster file, can you manually change the bones for the menu so the icons don't overlap? the roster file forces them to the same plane (z axis i think) wich causes them to flicker. it doesn't really affect the game its just unsightly to look at.

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 01, 2016, 09:43:45 PM
I've fixed the ASL code so it works with BrawlEX, at least in the PM+BrawlEX build I've set up. I don't know if it works in vBrawl though.
Is it the same as the last code you released? Because that one was incompatible with vBrawl.

Also Sirkura, I believe I got passed that issue by cropping some of the icon borders, that way they wouldn't overlap with each other and thus not flicker.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 02, 2016, 05:26:52 PM
Is it the same as the last code you released? Because that one was incompatible with vBrawl.

Also Sirkura, I believe I got passed that issue by cropping some of the icon borders, that way they wouldn't overlap with each other and thus not flicker.

honestly I have no idea why it didn't work for vBrawl... I think that I improperly transcribed the code I posted last time, so in the next release, everything should work.

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 02, 2016, 06:21:01 PM
honestly I have no idea why it didn't work for vBrawl... I think that I improperly transcribed the code I posted last time, so in the next release, everything should work.

woot! i'll be looking forward to it ^^ i am also curious how you got the kirby hats working. what exactly did you do? i think by default in BeX they copy the main characters hat, i don't think anyone has found out how to make custom ones yet. (correct me if i'm wrong, its been a while since i checked)