The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What controls the Sheik/Zelda icon switcher on the CSS?

And also, has there been any discoveries as to how we can raise the file size for the CSS?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

January 20, 2016, 09:37:38 PM #8476 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:46:14 AM by KingJigglypuff
The only thing I can think of is increasing the memory allocation to the Resource that the sc_selcharacter is located in, but you almost always have to take memory from one thing in order to put it into another thing. Someone like ASF1nk would know more on this.

Though I also remember someone (I think it was PhantomWings) mentioning the ability to just read cosmetics from files on the SD Card, but it was unstable, so I wouldn't know much about this.

You can blame both Brawl and the Wii for having such strict limitations. :L
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


riivolution is a nice way togo about it too
but i honestly dont know where i left it

HOW DO YOU INSTALL THIS?!
I'VE LOOKED AT THE TUTORIAL PROVIDED FOR VBRAWL, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET CODE MANAGER! 

Look in the resource section on here.

i suggest starting with the basics Jesse. this tutorial has all the things you will need for just about any type of hacking you would want to do.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

has links to gecko, riivo, code manager, etc

I got the clones working fine now.The only problem I come across now is that the custom gct codes work except for the phantom wings hitstun code. The code works with everyone except for the brawlex characters. Does anyone know what could be causing this and if there is a different code I should be using for hitstun with brawlex characters?

So I downloaded the Waluigi PSA released recently by MK64 and downloaded the Plug-n-Play version of BrawlEx. At first when I loaded up Brawl, it loaded PM except I don't have PM on my SD card anymore. So I formatted it and tried again. This time when I loaded up the game, it said "Receiveing Vault Data" before the intro movie. Then it froze selecting the stage builder (I use the hackless exploit). It's done the same thing everytime. Can anyone help me?

My only suggestion is to use PM's hackless loader, but insert your custom Brawl files before loading.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

No, that did the same thing. Could I upload my SD card contents and someone look and see what's I did wrong?

January 24, 2016, 07:23:01 AM #8486 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:20:38 AM by Ebola16
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on January 23, 2016, 09:27:01 PM
So I downloaded the Waluigi PSA released recently by MK64 and downloaded the Plug-n-Play version of BrawlEx. At first when I loaded up Brawl, it loaded PM except I don't have PM on my SD card anymore. So I formatted it and tried again. This time when I loaded up the game, it said "Receiveing Vault Data" before the intro movie. Then it froze selecting the stage builder (I use the hackless exploit). It's done the same thing everytime. Can anyone help me?
Out of curiosity, how much data is on your SD card? I've found that >1.95 GB likely caused "Read Failed" errors in Dolphin. I've created an issue on Dolphin's issue tracker and they thought the best fix was implementing the SDHC protocol (although it would be in the distant future).

Update: We now have SDHC support!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

January 24, 2016, 10:31:48 AM #8487 Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:48:55 AM by videogamer555
The download links for BrawlEx Clone Tool are all broken, both the one you posted, and the one in the guy's profile that you linked to.

Quote from: videogamer555 on January 24, 2016, 10:31:48 AM
The download links for BrawlEx Clone Tool are all broken, both the one you posted, and the one in the guy's profile that you linked to.
The Clone Tool doesn't work with the latest Brawlex. Manually setting things up using the information in the original post is best now. Using a preconfigured pack as a reference is also extremely helpful.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on January 24, 2016, 07:23:01 AM
Out of curiosity, how much data is on your SD card? I've found that >1.95 GB likely caused "Read Failed" errors in Dolphin debug. I've created an issue on Dolphin's issue tracker and they thought the best fix was implementing the SDHC protocol (although it would be in the distant future).
I'm only using 19.8 MB of the available 1.80GB. Even using premade packs results in the error.