The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

or a way to to completely get rid of the file size limit of the selcharacter.pac

I doubt we are getting 8 Player Smash because of RAM limitations.

More ExModules would be cool, but all I want is for the record glitch to be fixed :P
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax


Quote from: HyperHandCRazy on December 05, 2016, 02:17:57 AM
or a way to to completely get rid of the file size limit of the selcharacter.pac
riivo can accept any file sizes
the thing is that i dont know if riivo accepts codes
or just replaces stuff
anyways interest in riivo is pretty low


I'm having this error.

New CSS Icons show up as Random and crash when highlighting them

I did what it to fix it, but it didn't work. Please help! *facepalm*

Did you set the hooktype as AXNextFrame?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!


December 14, 2016, 02:22:39 PM #8708 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:42:16 PM by Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Quote from: Drybonesboy on December 14, 2016, 12:27:35 AM
I'm having this error. New CSS Icons show up as Random and crash when highlighting them I did what it to fix it, but it didn't work. Please help!
Make sure you have the "File Patch" Gecko code enabled (found in BrawlEx's Readme.txt file), and for Dolphin, make sure that you don't have the "sd.raw" file "open".

I use something called ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver to make my computer think the "sd.raw" file is a plugged-in storage thing that I can then directly open and modify contents of, and Dolphin doesn't want to read "sd.raw" until I "eject"/disable the virtual disk of it.

Also for Dolphin, make sure "sd.raw" is located in the correct location. On a Windows system, this would be [your "Documents" folder]\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\sd.raw, regardless of where you've installed Dolphin. (If you've set up Dolphin to be portable (either through a .ini file or by having a file called "portable.txt" in Dolphin's installation folder), that'll be [path to Dolphin]\User\Wii\sd.raw instead.)

And make sure the folder structure on the SD card is correct. An example file would be X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\BrawlEx\FigherConfig\Fighter3F.dat, where X would be the drive letter or root of the SD card. Additionally, make sure you have the "core files" of BrawlEx installed. An example file of that would be X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common2.pac.

Last of all, are you completely certain you set up the "cosmetic" files correctly?

December 14, 2016, 05:29:16 PM #8709 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:16:30 PM by Drybonesboy
Quote from: Zwip-Zwap Zapony on December 14, 2016, 02:22:39 PM
Make sure you have the "File Patch" Gecko code enabled (found in BrawlEx's Readme.txt file), and for Dolphin, make sure that you don't have the "sd.raw" file "open".

I use something called ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver to make my computer think the "sd.raw" file is a plugged-in storage thing that I can then directly open and modify contents of, and Dolphin doesn't want to read "sd.raw" until I "eject"/disable the virtual disk of it.

Also for Dolphin, make sure "sd.raw" is located in the correct location. On a Windows system, this would be [your "Documents" folder]Dolphin EmulatorWiisd.raw, regardless of where you've installed Dolphin. (If you've set up Dolphin to be portable (either through a .ini file or by having a file called "portable.txt" in Dolphin's installation folder), that'll be [path to Dolphin]UserWiisd.raw instead.)

And make sure the folder structure on the SD card is correct. An example file would be X:privatewiiappRSBEpfBrawlExFigherConfigFighter3F.dat, where X would be the drive letter or root of the SD card. Additionally, make sure you have the "core files" of BrawlEx installed. An example file of that would be X:privatewiiappRSBEpfsystemcommon2.pac.

Last of all, are you completely certain you set up the "cosmetic" files correctly?
Now that's fixed... I think. Now nothing shows up in the character select screen. It's a bit upsetting.

Nevermind. Somehow it's fixed now.

Post Merge: December 14, 2016, 06:16:30 PM

Quote from: Drybonesboy on December 14, 2016, 05:29:16 PM
Now that's fixed... I think. Now nothing shows up in the character select screen. It's a bit upsetting.

Nevermind. Somehow it's fixed now.

So, now the first clone is having the random problem, but the new one is just fine.

December 19, 2016, 11:58:23 PM #8710 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:15:04 PM by dusty22
So I'm using the File Patch 3.5.1b code which is necessary for BrawlEx right?

But unlike FPC 3.5.1 my stage music replacements don't seem to work now. Does FPC 3.5.1b not support the old method of replacing existing music?

Quote from: dusty22 on December 19, 2016, 11:58:23 PM
So I'm using the File Patch 3.5.1b code which is necessary for BrawlEx right?

But unlike FPC 3.5.1 my stage music replacements don't seem to work now. Does FPC 3.5.1b not support the old method of replacing existing music?

3.5.1b works fine with music. Is there any other codes you've added recently?

December 22, 2016, 03:28:07 PM #8712 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:30:28 PM by Drybonesboy
How do I add another row of characters? I need more added. :kdance:

Post Merge: December 22, 2016, 03:30:28 PM

Also, how do I add custom sounds for characters, and announcer calls for them?

You add custom sounds to characters by replacing boss sound effects and you add custom announcer calls by replacing random menu sounds you dont need such as the wifi sounds

Quote from: HyperHandCRazy on December 22, 2016, 04:15:51 PM
You add custom sounds to characters by replacing boss sound effects and you add custom announcer calls by replacing random menu sounds you dont need such as the wifi sounds

what about installing the sounds?