Isn't it kinda disappointing

Started by Rosetta-Hime, February 02, 2014, 03:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 02, 2014, 03:38:21 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:57:06 PM by Rosetta-Hime
Well, we have all come so far to make Brawl what it is now. What with the clone engine recently released, and and just other amazing things. When Smash 4 comes out, it's kinda like we have to start all over. Starting small at first. Maybe a texture here, a vertex there. And it just kinda seems disappointing. If people decide to start to hack Smash 4, then we have to start all over again. Now I know people are still gonna play brawl and enjoy the game, but seriously.

But the question is, is it possible hack Wii U games at all? The Wii U has been out for 2 years now and there hasn't been unique hacks to it. Yes, Wii hacks can work but I don't count that.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

What's this boner about moving on with modding games?

Have you learned NOTHING of other games? Look at Doom, the active modding community for that is STILL going strong to this day!

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 02, 2014, 03:47:45 PM
But the question is, is it possible hack Wii U games at all? The Wii U has been out for 2 years now and there hasn't been unique hacks to it. Yes, Wii hacks can work but I don't count that.
If it doesn't then Brawl will get more attention, maybe more PC related ports, then the quality goes up. then modding for it might get better. maybe some SMash4 inspired stuff.

this can go one of two ways

1.If Smash4 is moddable. it'll take 4 years or so to do what we did here.

2.if unmoddable. Brawl gets more modding attention.

either way it'll take quite a while for Brawl to die on modding,

Quote from: LC-DDM on February 02, 2014, 03:56:59 PM
What's this boner about moving on with modding games?

Have you learned NOTHING of other games? Look at Doom, the active modding community for that is STILL going strong to this day!

LC-DDM has the biggest point. take games like Homeworld 2, Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc. some of these really old games from the 1990's to 2004 genre still have the strongest modding community. so the odds of Brawl dying is extremely low.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

it will just fall in coma when smash 4 comes out, i think after some time the comunity shall come back, i mean, we have a clone engine that fully works, and even gives the possibility to make special characters designed for the clone engine, like transforming characters...

so im with LC here.

Quote from: LC-DDM on February 02, 2014, 03:56:59 PM
What's this boner about moving on with modding games?

Have you learned NOTHING of other games? Look at Doom, the active modding community for that is STILL going strong to this day!
Or GTA SA Mods :v (I actually take some mods from there for my own imports)
IMO I wouldn't move to wii U, and I doubt many people really would like to move to Smash bros U and start from 0 as you said, we can see that through the "wii U styled" hacks

If we are ever going to mod Smash 4, it will be a sense of defeat to me. I mean, if you think about it, what will be the point of having possible DLC then for Smash 4, or the purpose of unlockables, etc.

I think the Wii U doesn't need to be modded at all.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 02, 2014, 03:59:02 PM

LC-DDM has the biggest point. take games like Homeworld 2, Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc. some of these really old games from the 1990's to 2004 genre still have the strongest modding community. so the odds of Brawl dying is extremely low.
Add in the Genesis Sonic games. That still has an on-going modbase.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Kyouma on February 03, 2014, 05:57:29 PM
Or GTA SA Mods :v (I actually take some mods from there for my own imports)

I definitely know what you mean. The japanese have a thing for mixing GTA with Touhou.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Just pointing out that the Wii U hasn't been modded and won't be anytime soon.
There isn't enough interest to warrant such a thing, though I think a month of playing smash 4 will change that.

I think Brawl will live on in it's mods.

Quote from: LC-DDM on February 04, 2014, 01:16:46 PM
I definitely know what you mean. The japanese have a thing for mixing GTA with Touhou.
Well, there are actually 2 people who makes touhou mods for GTA (Daisuke and Basilico); I won't deny that is also one of my influences, they are just 2 people but they has made almost all the Touhou characters (if not all of them already).

I actually prefer that guy that did the mod that let you fastload.

Oh and the ragdoll one, though it's so much ragdoll as it is "melt into the floor", but that's neither here nor there.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

I dont think It will die soon. Alot of people call it "3d Mugen" and the community is growing everyday especially wiht Project M around. And they do have a point. People are still modding games like Oblivion, Super Mario World and SM64. And If you look at how MUGEN is today compared to how it used to be when it first got popular. It is crazy. Its not the same play-as-anyone fighting game it used to be.

If anything it will spike interest in this site. I'm pre-ordering the new smash bros. game ASAP, People poo-poo the Wii U but I am loving it and can't wait to see what games come out in the future.
Coffee fueled gearhead.

I left a Halo 1 modding team to join this site and work on a mod.

Old games are just as fun to mod as new games hahaha.