Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 162461 times)
PallaPal
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »

I must be more lost with BrawlBox than I thought, lol. Where is the attributes section?
    Eh, answer that when you can, heh.

You two are definitely going above and beyond for this if you're going through every individual animation. Thank you very much for all of this help again! Oh and sure Heavy, feel free to test away with the resizing. More testing is always good ^^

Definitely agree on the size thing. Roy wasn't very tall compared to Marth in Melee and Lucina seemed to be a bit on the taller end of the female children in Awakening. 0.95 would probably work I'd think *nods*

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:03 PM »

Also heavy, can you give me that motion once you finish the bulk of the animations, pretty much the ones that I would be editing. I'd say from the Wait1 to the throwns should be good for now. That way we aren't fixing the scaling twice for things.
    Yeah sure. But he rescaled all of it. Which means changing the scale of the HipN bone back to 1, and re-transitioning it back to how it should be on every animation. If you do half and I do half it'll go much faster. Unless that's what you were saying. So far I've gotten down to SquatWait. I'll work on as much as I can tonight, then send it over. If I get to the halfway point I'll get it to you.

I must be more lost with BrawlBox than I thought, lol. Where is the attributes section?
    Eh, answer that when you can, heh.

The Attributes section. If you open your PAC file, click MoveDef_FitMarth, then Sections, then Data,It'll be the first thing under Data. Click Attributes then scroll down in the window that pops up until you reach Size on the left side of the window. You'll see it bunched with Weight, and Size on Results Screen. It's pretty close to the top of the list.

Hope that helped. Also I decided to go with 0.95, because I saw that the PM guys lowered Marth's initial size to 0.975. Now she should be just right.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:28:07 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

Yeah sure. But he rescaled all of it. Which means changing the scale of the HipN bone back to 1, and re-transitioning it back to how it should be on every animation. If you do half and I do half it'll go much faster. Unless that's what you were saying. So far I've gotten down to SquatWait. I'll work on as much as I can tonight, then send it over. If I get to the halfway point I'll get it to you.

The Attributes section. If you open your PAC file, click MoveDef_FitMarth, then Sections, then Data,It'll be the first thing under Data. Click Attributes then scroll down in the window that pops up until you reach Size on the left side of the window. You'll see it bunched with Weight, and Size on Results Screen. It's pretty close to the top of the list.

Hope that helped. Also I decided to go with 0.95, because I saw that the PM guys lowered Marth's initial size to 0.975. Now she should be just right.

Wait, my bad I should have clarified better. I just wanted your motion so when I went in and did any animation fixes, particularly anything ending with the wait1, it would already have the proper scaling. I was just doing it as I went after I read that you were fixing the scaling.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

Wait, my bad I should have clarified better. I just wanted your motion so when I went in and did any animation fixes, particularly anything ending with the wait1, it would already have the proper scaling. I was just doing it as I went after I read that you were fixing the scaling.
    Oh, Okay sure. That's fine, I can do that. Still It'll take me some time to get down to those.

@CrazyHandMasterHand: Are you gonna keep the running animation that you have on her now? I'm pretty sure the one I gave you is closer to how she would run in-game. Unless it wasn't changed from Marth's original.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:43:00 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »

It definitely does lol. I have had to do that one too many times now. I will just keep doing it as I do animations until I get yours.

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »

It definitely does lol. I have had to do that one too many times now. I will just keep doing it as I do animations until I get yours.
    Well start from the other end so you're not doing what I'm already covering. At least to make it faster for you.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 10:49:22 PM »

Lol alright.
    Oh, and I wanted to say I can make the motion smaller to fit more complex animations and whatnot. Once your done with that I can see what I can do to make her motion smaller.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »

Lol alright.
    Oh, and I wanted to say I can make the motion smaller to fit more complex animations and whatnot. Once your done with that I can see what I can do to make her motion smaller.
    That would definitely help, when I get to animating her FS it won't go over limit that way.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 05:11:45 AM »

You're really working as a team as I see HeavyD88 and RevenantGenesis, thank you very much! With you two, I'm sure Lucina will be really good! I look forward to her!

And your animation RevenantGenesis, it was made from scratch but it was really well done! Good job! It truly makes Lucina graceful I think!

Oh, HeavyD88, few informations for you since we talked about it, you said that you won't make the first hit of the final smash (Critical Aether) too powerful, of course as it is the first hit that heals Lucina in game. The second hit is the one that inflicts the most damages as it ignores half of the ennemy's defense. (or resistance if you have Lucina as a mage but you won't put a reclass system on her right,or make her use a Levin Sword? Ha ha ha!)

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 06:20:16 AM »

Nah. I'm pretty sure CrazyHandMasterHand is going more for a lord class for her. And yes the first hit is weaker because Sol just gives you HP, where as Luna, the second hit cuts their defense down by at least half, or like you said just ignores it. I was thinking that maybe the first strike could do 30%, giving you 15% in return. Then the Second strike dealing around 60-70% maybe. A total of 90-100% damage.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:23:29 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 06:56:31 AM »

Yeah yeah, the thing about resistance was kind of a joke don't worry.

Hum, the healing don't seem too excessive and reflects how she is used in game, very good. And a total of 90-100% damage? Interesting, a very powerful final smash in term of damages, but about the knockback, do you have any idea? Because, I think it needs to be balanced so if she deals high damages, maybe the knockback won't be so high in order to blance this final smash.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »

Why not 30% first hit and 45% second hit? Giving it 100% damage and ohko isnt fun for the person getting hit by it (and not many, if any, fs's have that much damage), giving it 100% damage and drastically low kb isnt fun for the person using it.

It'd be acceptable if it did 100% damage and ohko if it didnt heal, but since it can, I'd suggest lowering the damage of the second hit by 1/2 and preserve the ability to ohko.

I know there's the "but its not true to the game" and you'd be right. But it's more important for it to be fun as opposed to 100% true to the game.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »

Thanks for the input guys. I'll figure it out.

Marth's Critical Strike is a OHKO and his only does 60%. So I'm thinking maybe it wont be a OHKO, but still have decent knockback, to counter balance the healing she's receiving. Granted it's not a large amount she's getting back but it's enough to make or break a match for those who use it. That's if they're good enough that is.

Also the reason I made it hurt so much was because it's her Critical Aether. Not just Aether. Her critical version is pretty ridiculous when you use it. It's practically an insta-kill unless it's someone with really high defense. I've seen it in action so many times, like way too many times, that I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing with it.

A little off topic, but the most that I've ever seen her do with that move was around 345 HP. The only reason I got that much out of it was because 1. the enemy had Miracle, and 2. She did a critical strike on both hits.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:24:58 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »

I completely understand that it's her critical Aether, but you can't always let the original game dictate how she should play here.

For example, Link's DAir Stab is an instakill in TP no matter how much health they have left, but in Smash it'll only kill them at a certain amount of damage (granted it has good KB and damage, it's not instakill, which is a reason that I believe the Mortal Draw wasn't added to the game).

You need to strike a balance between how it was like in the original game and how to fit it in Brawl.

And sometimes you have to sacrifice something. Let me give you a real example. The Jaffar/Assassin hack I'm working on has to have absolutely terrible base damage on his attacks and will rely on crits to do double/triple damage.

But in FE (at least for me), Jaffar had high enough Attack to not only take people out with crits, but with his basic attacks as well.

If I gave Jaffar normal damage and the ability to crit, then he would be way too overpowered and it'd end up being 4 people picking Jaffar every game.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »

Let me sum up all of this.

HeavyD88 suggests that this final smash does 30% for the first hit with an healing of 15%, and the second hit would deal around 60-70%, which would make a total of around 90-100%.

Drogoth suggests that this final smash keeps this first hit ideas, but the second hit should deal around 45%, which would result in a total of 75%. But it should also be an instant KO, like Marth.

Ike's Final Smash which is I think one of the most powerful final smash in term of damages and which is also Aether, deals around 78% at most. However it has a KO possibility, not as much as Marth's of course but still.

So if we take into account Drogoth's suggestion, we should have a move that is rather close to Ike's Final smash in all aspects, excepted for the instant KO, which is Marth's aspect.

Besides, don't forget that the second hit, deals damages as if half of the opponent's defense is ignored. Knowing this, we can deduce that the second hit is stronger than the first hit, but not to the extent of being the first hit multiplied by 2. This is what the skill tells us. So, maybe putting the second hit damages a little down would be a good idea, in order to be more faithful to the game fire emblem awakening, in order to balance Lucina, and also in order to be more faithful to Brawl. Of course, you also have to decide in what way this move would be activated, would work, because if this move is rather easy to place, like Ike's, it doesn't need to be an instant KO like Marth.

Well, I think we now have a good view of the situation.

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: