Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!

Started by PallaPal, February 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yeah. The current PM: Unbound Lucina build I believe was kept the way it was, primarily to see how her metagame will develop and whatnot. I wish some changes I implemented when putting edits in were kept though. One example is that I added in the changes to her A, A combo to make it link more reliably a la JamieTheAuraUser's changes, but it was changed back for the final release. Oh well.

Regardless, I am curious to see the reception on the Lucina build! With enough feedback, I'm sure better work can go in in trying to balance her playstyle, even if I end up with my own separate Project M version for some reason, hahaha.

Oh and I will be looking forward to those motion edits!
Hi

August 21, 2014, 12:11:09 AM #481 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:10:44 AM by Nao-chan
Ah, I see. Well that's unfortunate, but understandable. I'd like to see the changes you made to her A,A combo if that's cool with you.

Edit: Well looking through her animation file they certainly changed quite a lot. In the process of doing so they messed up the smoothness of some of the animations we had given her. Well that's gonna be a pain to fix.

Ooooohh. I just came up with a brilliant idea. If it hasn't already been done, how about adding a shine graphic on Lucina's sword during her initial Side B animation as  a cue for when you can access the other moves? I was thinking the shine effect that Marth normally had on his counter or Up taunt maybe. Could be a good visual aid for those having trouble getting used to the timing of it. What do you think?
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on August 21, 2014, 12:11:09 AM
Ooooohh. I just came up with a brilliant idea. If it hasn't already been done, how about adding a shine graphic on Lucina's sword during her initial Side B animation as  a cue for when you can access the other moves? I was thinking the shine effect that Marth normally had on his counter or Up taunt maybe. Could be a good visual aid for those having trouble getting used to the timing of it. What do you think?
I actually had a part in implementing something similar for the Unbound Lucina, but I had her become highlighted in blue for that, haha (I think the Unbound's actual release made her a darker hue of it though). So yeah, I agree!

Oh and sure, I can send you the file that had those changes for the A, A. I just need  to fish it out of a folder somewhere first. Pretty sure I know where it is though.
Hi

August 22, 2014, 03:32:30 AM #483 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:34:58 AM by Nao-chan
Cool sounds good. Send it to me when you get the time.

My review of Lucina after trying out Unbound.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Do you know what their goal is with this project?
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I believe their goal is relatively simple. It's just Project M with more characters to play as =)
Hi

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on August 22, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
I believe their goal is relatively simple. It's just Project M with more characters to play as =)
I see. Interesting. Well hopefully they can keep it up to date with PM when they release new builds. Also I got that Fitmotion done and tested. All is good so I'll send it later today.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also, just realized something about the CatchAttack.

The leg needs to move up and forward. Right now, Lucina seems like she just bends her knee and that's it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 26, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
Also, just realized something about the CatchAttack.

The leg needs to move up and forward. Right now, Lucina seems like she just bends her knee and that's it.
A bit the same for the Down Tilt... though it's less visible than the Catch Attack
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

I was planning on eventually reanimating that D-Tilt anyway. It definitely needs a fresher look to it.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I realize this is something that would require a lot of effort and only happen once Lucina becomes much closer to completion, but you don't suppose the crew over at LST (should I refer to the website as LST, or just the call the people involved part of LST?) would be interested in creating this as an alternate costume for the PSA?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I ran across the image on Smashboards and thought it was a rather fitting costume, although (presumably) Vert092 and SJS would have to agree if it were to be created.

Who the hell made that? It looks awesome. If that's an alt for her in SSB4 I'd like that very much. To answer your question, I think it would be great to add that as an extra costume. I'm not a modeler though so I wouldn't be able to make that myself.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 17, 2014, 08:16:46 AM #491 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:12:10 AM by Nao-chan
Hey CrazyHand... I'm updating some of the animations for Lucina. So far I gave her new SpecialFall animations, remade her turn to have a bit more movement to it, fixed up some things with her EscapeN, EscapeF, EscapeAir, I finished her Wait2 finally so that it transitions now, and I'm now working on updating her Attack11 right now. Just thought I'd share.

Edit: Just finished the Attack11.

Here's a gif.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on September 17, 2014, 08:16:46 AM
Hey CrazyHand... I'm updating some of the animations for Lucina. So far I gave her new SpecialFall animations, remade her turn to have a bit more movement to it, fixed up some things with her EscapeN, EscapeF, EscapeAir, I finished her Wait2 finally so that it transitions now, and I'm now working on updating her Attack11 right now. Just thought I'd share.

Edit: Just finished the Attack11.

Here's a gif.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ah, that looks very nice! I'm actually working on her too, but on the other side (PSA) of it. I got her to have that ability to act out of her Up B again ^^

Are you planning on reworking other animations too beyond the ones you mentioned? You mentioned the Down Tilt I believe too. Out of curiosity, what changes are you planning for that one?
Hi

September 18, 2014, 05:07:30 AM #493 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:51:16 AM by Nao-chan
Just to make it smoother and maybe a bit faster. Uh... right now I'm working on fixing up her Attack12... So it goes with the new Attack11. I dunno what else. Good to hear you got the coding for her Up B working.

Edit: Alright, I just finished a completely new AttackLw3 for Lucina. Hope it's a bit better than before. Here's a gif. It's the same number of frames as the previous one. So it shouldn't be too hard to PSA for it. Any critique will be helpful for improving my animation skills.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd add a bit more motion to her body as she spins. Maybe lower her bust/waist bones a bit as she spins?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.