Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!

Started by PallaPal, February 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nao-chan on September 18, 2014, 05:07:30 AM
Just to make it smoother and maybe a bit faster. Uh... right now I'm working on fixing up her Attack12... So it goes with the new Attack11. I dunno what else. Good to hear you got the coding for her Up B working.

Edit: Alright, I just finished a completely new AttackLw3 for Lucina. Hope it's a bit better than before. Here's a gif. It's the same number of frames as the previous one. So it shouldn't be too hard to PSA for it. Any critique will be helpful for improving my animation skills.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks really cool, Nao-chan! I think that the animation is fine as it is... Or like Shulk said, lower her bust/waist a bit as she spins, to give some... ahem... speed... Or something that'd make it look faster. See what I mean?
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

September 18, 2014, 05:35:04 PM #496 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:37:54 PM by Friesnchip
Quote from: Nao-chan on September 17, 2014, 08:16:46 AM
Edit: Just finished the Attack11.
Here's a gif.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This animation is much cleaner than the current one, my only criticism is that the feet slide a bit after the initial swing.

Quote from: Nao-chan on September 18, 2014, 05:07:30 AM
Edit: Alright, I just finished a completely new AttackLw3 for Lucina. Hope it's a bit better than before. Here's a gif. It's the same number of frames as the previous one. So it shouldn't be too hard to PSA for it. Any critique will be helpful for improving my animation skills.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Wow, yeah, this is infinitely improved. I agree with the previous two posters with the lowering (and slight turn) of her body mid-spin, though.

Considering Lucina's leg is outstretched even when she turns around, would it make sense to add hurtboxes on the latter half of the animation before she transitions back to crouch?

Thanks guys. I'll try and fine tune the AttackLw3 a bit more. I'm glad you like it.

Quote from: Friesnchip on September 18, 2014, 05:35:04 PM
This animation is much cleaner than the current one, my only criticism is that the feet slide a bit after the initial swing.

I'll try and clean up the leg movement some more for it. As for the second thing... I guess I could add a second weaker hitbox to it... maybe. I'll think about it. It's really up to CrazyHand to decide.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on September 19, 2014, 02:31:00 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try and fine tune the AttackLw3 a bit more. I'm glad you like it.

I'll try and clean up the leg movement some more for it. As for the second thing... I guess I could add a second weaker hitbox to it... maybe. I'll think about it. It's really up to CrazyHand to decide.
Feel free to animate it however you want. I'll tailor the hitboxes based on what you do =)
Hi

Hey Nao-chan - or I suppose anyone else animating as well - have you picked up Smash 4 yet? I was wondering if you would be influenced to incorporate some of the new Lucina animations (not necessarily moveset wise, just mannerisms and movements) into the PSA at all.

I'm not arguing for or against the idea, just that the new Smash is more expressive than prior releases, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some aspects that you might want to steal for this project (given that you've even played the game yet).

The new taunts would be awesome to see. I'd probably animate one if I wasn't so lazy.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I do have it and have her unlocked as well... I might try to do some... But that's gonna take me a while since their animations are so ridiculously fluid.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Alright I know it's been a while, but I've been lazy as all hell to get back to this. I've made some progress on her Attack12 animation. I'm obviously not done yet. I'm just showing it off for now to get opinions. I still need to finish the leg movement. Here's a gif.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Like what you did here. Seems like there's slightly more range... and that quick transition... good thing I see over here.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Yeah, I did move her forward a bit more than before... It was to compensate for her leg movement to make it make sense.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

She doesn't seem to put enough pressure on her left leg before moving forward, in my opinion.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If I recall correctly Attack12 is the second hit of Lucina's combo, right? With that much movement and the horizontal height of the sword, wouldn't smaller characters easily avoid the attack?

I suppose if the first hit moved the character into the proper position it might work... and I could just be mistaken about which move Attack12 is correlated with... let me know if I'm being ignorant, but what are your expectations for how this would function in-game?

October 20, 2014, 08:15:06 PM #507 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:21:27 PM by Nao-chan
@Shulk Like I said before... the leg movement at the time wasn't done. I finished it later that day, so hopefully it'll be a bit better in comparison.

@Friesnchip Attack12 is the second hit in the AA combo yes. The way she swings the sword now is actually a bit lower than before. It starts high right into a lower left arc. So the move shouldn't have too much of a problem hitting smaller characters. It should work like Marths original AA combo for the most part. Some PSAing to make the first hit knock the opponent upward wouldn't be too hard to do anyway. Plus, hitboxes are bigger than the sword, so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. I think the timing on Attack11 needs to be adjusted a bit for the first attack to chain into the second a bit faster with how the animations are now though.

Oh... and before I forget to mention it. CrazyHand, if you have Legs that lift off of the ground during attacks like these. You need some PSA coding in the Other section to make them leave the ground. I can do it for you so you don't have to worry about it. I already got Attack11's down. Now I just need to do 12's. I've pretty much finished the animations that I wanted, minus the side smash charge animation. That's going to take a long time to get right. So I'm just gonna leave it alone for now. If someone else wants to try and do it instead I wouldn't mind. I got the movement down I just have the legs needing to match and that's it. I'll send over the FitMotion to you soon CH.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So you've finished up all the animations you had previously posted in the thread as WIPs? Considering it might be awhile before they're applied to the PSA, would you mind posting gifs of the changes you made?

October 21, 2014, 01:48:00 AM #509 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:47:39 AM by Nao-chan
Sure I guess I could do that. There's a lot so... SPOILER TIME!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackAirB. This one was Kitsu-chan's I just fixed up the HipN movement so it doesn't glitch out anymore.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackLw3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackS4Hold (WIP)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackS4 (Revised)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

EscapeAir
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

FallSpecial
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

FallSpecialB
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

FallSpecialF
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lose
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Rebound
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Turn
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Win2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Win2Wait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Win3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Win3Wait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There's a few more small changes that I made to some things, but I don't want to make a wall when it's not really significant so... Yeah That's all done. For the Side Smash charge, the only thing that needs doing is the leg movement to look like they're in place like Brawls charge anims are. The Side Smash itself was slightly redone thanks to Velens critical eye. I changed the way her arms swing a bit after the attack itself, so it makes more sense and so it's not so rigid anymore. I applied the changes you all said were needed to her Low Tilt, so hopefully it looks a bit better than before. I think that's about everything. Let me know what you guys think.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.