Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 162379 times)
PallaPal
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #480 on: August 20, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »

Yeah. The current PM: Unbound Lucina build I believe was kept the way it was, primarily to see how her metagame will develop and whatnot. I wish some changes I implemented when putting edits in were kept though. One example is that I added in the changes to her A, A combo to make it link more reliably a la JamieTheAuraUser's changes, but it was changed back for the final release. Oh well.

Regardless, I am curious to see the reception on the Lucina build! With enough feedback, I'm sure better work can go in in trying to balance her playstyle, even if I end up with my own separate Project M version for some reason, hahaha.

Oh and I will be looking forward to those motion edits!

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #481 on: August 20, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »

Ah, I see. Well that's unfortunate, but understandable. I'd like to see the changes you made to her A,A combo if that's cool with you.

Edit: Well looking through her animation file they certainly changed quite a lot. In the process of doing so they messed up the smoothness of some of the animations we had given her. Well that's gonna be a pain to fix.

Ooooohh. I just came up with a brilliant idea. If it hasn't already been done, how about adding a shine graphic on Lucina's sword during her initial Side B animation as  a cue for when you can access the other moves? I was thinking the shine effect that Marth normally had on his counter or Up taunt maybe. Could be a good visual aid for those having trouble getting used to the timing of it. What do you think?
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:10:44 PM by Nao-chan » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: August 21, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »

Ooooohh. I just came up with a brilliant idea. If it hasn't already been done, how about adding a shine graphic on Lucina's sword during her initial Side B animation as  a cue for when you can access the other moves? I was thinking the shine effect that Marth normally had on his counter or Up taunt maybe. Could be a good visual aid for those having trouble getting used to the timing of it. What do you think?
    I actually had a part in implementing something similar for the Unbound Lucina, but I had her become highlighted in blue for that, haha (I think the Unbound's actual release made her a darker hue of it though). So yeah, I agree!

Oh and sure, I can send you the file that had those changes for the A, A. I just need  to fish it out of a folder somewhere first. Pretty sure I know where it is though.

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #483 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »

Cool sounds good. Send it to me when you get the time.

My review of Lucina after trying out Unbound.
    So I checked out Unbound, not bad, but they definitely changed quite a lot. Like the speed of some of her attacks and switching some back to vBrawl Marth. Also they got rid of the momentum that you added to Lucina's N-Air B. One thing to point out, since they changed her Up B back to Marths, don't really get why, I think they forgot to remove some of the coding. When she lands on the ground just before her momentum stops, she does that float across the ground until hit or fall off glitch.

The changes I do like are the aerials, for the most part. Her F-Air has really good juggle ability, the B-Air seems to have a bit more Knockback to it. Her N-Air is fine even though they changed it back to Marth's. The speed that they added to her Side B's is good. If they wanted increased range with her Side Smash I could revise it and give it to them, or to you to hand over. What they did to it kinda [censored]ed up the move, and the animation that I worked so hard on.  Most everything else is fine though. They did a decent job.

Do you know what their goal is with this project?
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:34:58 PM by Nao-chan » Logged

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #484 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »

I believe their goal is relatively simple. It's just Project M with more characters to play as =)

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: August 22, 2014, 08:12:24 PM »

I believe their goal is relatively simple. It's just Project M with more characters to play as =)
    I see. Interesting. Well hopefully they can keep it up to date with PM when they release new builds. Also I got that Fitmotion done and tested. All is good so I'll send it later today.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: August 26, 2014, 04:45:43 AM »

Also, just realized something about the CatchAttack.

The leg needs to move up and forward. Right now, Lucina seems like she just bends her knee and that's it.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: August 26, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

Also, just realized something about the CatchAttack.

The leg needs to move up and forward. Right now, Lucina seems like she just bends her knee and that's it.
    A bit the same for the Down Tilt... though it's less visible than the Catch Attack

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #488 on: August 26, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »

I was planning on eventually reanimating that D-Tilt anyway. It definitely needs a fresher look to it.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: September 09, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »

I realize this is something that would require a lot of effort and only happen once Lucina becomes much closer to completion, but you don't suppose the crew over at LST (should I refer to the website as LST, or just the call the people involved part of LST?) would be interested in creating this as an alternate costume for the PSA?

I ran across the image on Smashboards and thought it was a rather fitting costume, although (presumably) Vert092 and SJS would have to agree if it were to be created.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #490 on: September 09, 2014, 10:53:56 PM »

Who the hell made that? It looks awesome. If that's an alt for her in SSB4 I'd like that very much. To answer your question, I think it would be great to add that as an extra costume. I'm not a modeler though so I wouldn't be able to make that myself.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #491 on: September 17, 2014, 02:16:46 AM »

Hey CrazyHand... I'm updating some of the animations for Lucina. So far I gave her new SpecialFall animations, remade her turn to have a bit more movement to it, fixed up some things with her EscapeN, EscapeF, EscapeAir, I finished her Wait2 finally so that it transitions now, and I'm now working on updating her Attack11 right now. Just thought I'd share.

Edit: Just finished the Attack11.

Here's a gif.
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:12:10 PM by Nao-chan » Logged

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: September 17, 2014, 11:02:59 PM »

Hey CrazyHand... I'm updating some of the animations for Lucina. So far I gave her new SpecialFall animations, remade her turn to have a bit more movement to it, fixed up some things with her EscapeN, EscapeF, EscapeAir, I finished her Wait2 finally so that it transitions now, and I'm now working on updating her Attack11 right now. Just thought I'd share.

Edit: Just finished the Attack11.

Here's a gif.
    Ah, that looks very nice! I'm actually working on her too, but on the other side (PSA) of it. I got her to have that ability to act out of her Up B again ^^

Are you planning on reworking other animations too beyond the ones you mentioned? You mentioned the Down Tilt I believe too. Out of curiosity, what changes are you planning for that one?

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #493 on: September 17, 2014, 11:07:30 PM »

Just to make it smoother and maybe a bit faster. Uh... right now I'm working on fixing up her Attack12... So it goes with the new Attack11. I dunno what else. Good to hear you got the coding for her Up B working.

Edit: Alright, I just finished a completely new AttackLw3 for Lucina. Hope it's a bit better than before. Here's a gif. It's the same number of frames as the previous one. So it shouldn't be too hard to PSA for it. Any critique will be helpful for improving my animation skills.
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:51:16 AM by Nao-chan » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #494 on: September 18, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »

I'd add a bit more motion to her body as she spins. Maybe lower her bust/waist bones a bit as she spins?

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36
    Print
    Jump to: