Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544389 times)
TheDarkMysteryMan
Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #210 on: May 06, 2014, 12:22:05 AM »

I never fully understanded what ninja, or being ninja'd meant.
    Someone would want to inform me please?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #211 on: May 06, 2014, 12:43:30 AM »

Don't think this is the topic bring it up, but...

The term "ninja'd" refers to when you were about to make a post saying something, but somebody else posted saying the same thing before you. Notably in situations when you're answering a question. You can change your settings to warn you if somebody else posted while making your post.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:46:08 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #212 on: May 06, 2014, 01:01:16 AM »

Don't think this is the topic bring it up, but...

The term "ninja'd" refers to when you were about to make a post saying something, but somebody else posted saying the same thing before you. Notably in situations when you're answering a question. You can change your settings to warn you if somebody else posted while making your post.
    Thanks A.B.C.
    Always there for everyone.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #213 on: May 06, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »

Is anything ever going to be done for the Hack Packs (Mostly Brawl Ex ones) that don't include credit lists? The uploaders at fault never added a list, and some have been reported for a while now...

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #214 on: May 06, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »

Is anything ever going to be done for the Hack Packs (Mostly Brawl Ex ones) that don't include credit lists? The uploaders at fault never added a list, and some have been reported for a while now...
    Link them, if you may. I'll deal with them.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »

Link them, if you may. I'll deal with them.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203170
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203540
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203157

The Project M Unbound guy removed my reports on it, yet didn't claim to have added a list in the DL. (I only checked the hackless version)
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203343
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203342

EDIT: I apologize for the multiple reports on one if the Unbound ones. I was on my phone, and my screen was dark so I couldn't see the red around the entry, so I thought he removed the report.
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:53:13 AM by Nαno » Logged

videogamer555
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #216 on: May 17, 2014, 01:21:44 AM »

I'd like to report that the claim that Photoshop CS2 is free, is incorrect. On this forum's "resources" page http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php it states that:
    Photoshop - You can get Photoshop CS2 for free just by registering an Adobe ID. Versions above CS2 are not free. Photoshop does the best job at modifying images on a professional level.

This is incorrect. When going to Adobe's website, and logging in with my Adobe ID (which I got for free and anyone get for free by just by registering like any other registration based site, without purchasing any software, and is needed to comment in their forums) and then going to the page to download Photoshop CS2, it says:
    The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

While they do not put any technical safeguards/copyprotections/drm in place to prevent non-customers who have a free Adobe ID (like I do), from downloading and using Photoshop CS2 and the included serial numbers, they expect that you will follow the rules (a sort of "honor system") and ONLY download this if you previously purchased the software. It doesn't matter that this is hosted on Adobe's own website, instead of a software piracy website. And it doesn't matter that Adobe has officially released an unprotected (no activation required) version of it. The fact is, that if you have not previously purchased the software, downloading it (even from Adobe's own site) is the ILLEGAL act of software piracy. Just because they have no way to check your honesty when you download and use it, does NOT make it legal to download it without having previously purchased it. You might think "it doesn't matter if I download it without buying it, after all it's not a piracy site, it's Adobe's own site, and they'd never post something on their own website that would make themselves vulnerable to be victims of piracy". But that would be incorrect to assume that as indeed they HAVE posted something on their website that DOES make them vulnerable to piracy, and they expect YOU to do the right thing, and to NOT download it if you've not previously purchased it. So yes, if you download this from the Adobe website, and have not purchased it, you have just committed a crime.

So for the sake of keeping everything as legal as possible on the kc-mm forums, I'm requesting that the incorrect claim of free PS-CS2 that is made on the page http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php be corrected, so that this site doesn't end up condoning piracy. The last thing that this site needs is to get shut down due to it condoning piracy. Hacking games is already a legal "gray area". Any appearance of known illegal actions like piracy (or condoning such actions), puts this site in serious risk of being shut down by the feds.

Also read this article, in which an Adobe employee is quoted as saying that the idea that Photoshop CS2 is free is incorrect, and that you need to have already purchased it to legally download the no-activation-required version of Photoshop CS2 and associated serial number.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:33:05 AM by videogamer555 » Logged

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #217 on: May 17, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »

here's a small bug, whenever someone uploads a hack for wario (ware), the hack says it's for wario (classic) nevertheless

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »

We got a problem while I was helping someone submit a hack, and it kept getting stuck and disconnected, when we finally got a successful message, we came to find the  newest hacks flooded with what we were trying to upload just ONE of,

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #219 on: May 30, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »

We got a problem while I was helping someone submit a hack, and it kept getting stuck and disconnected, when we finally got a successful message, we came to find the  newest hacks flooded with what we were trying to upload just ONE of,

You might had momentarily disabled the windows messages. This makes it not tell you when the hack was successfully uploaded, next time, once submited, check the BV before trying to re-submit a hack if you have the messaging disabled.

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #220 on: June 04, 2014, 02:05:49 AM »

With regard to challenging reports, I think there should be some sort of dialog box that comes up asking if you're sure you want to challenge the report and perhaps an explanation as to why you're challenging it. The reason I'm suggesting this is because my tired self clicked on the exclamation point without knowing what it did and I ended up accidentally challenging the report of a BrawlVault Staff member -_-

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #221 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »

Don't worry about it, accidents happen.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #222 on: June 04, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »

With regard to challenging reports, I think there should be some sort of dialog box that comes up asking if you're sure you want to challenge the report and perhaps an explanation as to why you're challenging it. The reason I'm suggesting this is because my tired self clicked on the exclamation point without knowing what it did and I ended up accidentally challenging the report of a BrawlVault Staff member -_-
    Heh. I did the same thing... Glad to see I'm not the only one. Tongue

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #223 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »

It's not as if you could hover over it and see the description for what the button does. It's not as if you could do that all.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #224 on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »

It's not as if you could hover over it and see the description for what the button does. It's not as if you could do that all.
    Dude, some people take actions before thinking it through. It's completely understandable. Everyone does it.

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: