BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 15, 2014, 08:13:22 PMIf i had the ability to actually add bytes to module and rebuild the relocations i could possibly add new items to the game..

Can't one of the module editors or Brawlbox v0.71+ do that?

Dunno, but it sounds cool. But not to be a kill joy, there's no way to edit item effects and properties to make a "new" item.
Someone please say there's a method that I've overlooked or missed, I would love to be wrong about this.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: Shinobu Nyan! on September 15, 2014, 09:58:38 PM
Dunno, but it sounds cool. But not to be a kill joy, there's no way to edit item effects and properties to make a "new" item.
Someone please say there's a method that I've overlooked or missed, I would love to be wrong about this.

PSA version 1.3a in my sig and in my thread can edit items and kirby hat files :)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 15, 2014, 09:53:40 PM
Can't one of the module editors or Brawlbox v0.71+ do that?

Yep! what i was referring to was actually if i can add any bytes to sora_melee without it breaking....which i might not be able to it seems. I'll have to experiment around a bit and see if i can't get it working. For now, i can say that i've made a bit of progress in doing it..and it shouldn't be that hard to do. From what i can tell, it seems the game loads item ID's indiscriminately through ASM. As long as the data exists, it should load from the "item/" directory without much modifications

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 15, 2014, 08:13:59 AMYou can EVEN spawn assist trophy's and Pokemon this way..though i haven't tested it all the way through and may crash after disappear. In any case, i hope people have fun with this :)

I hope someone tries this out on Saffron City :)

So, i've got Module nodes that are embedded within files showing now. Not that significant of a change, however many don't know that the miscdata's in common3 and common2 are actually the runtime modules. You could have always exported them and added .rel to the end to open them individually, but now they show within the files and are editable from there :)


Damn, I really got check the programming section more often. My info is somewhat out dated. :P a little off topic, but are you going to interplant your clone tool like how code manager was?
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Can you assign individual item spawn points their own item frequency list, or do all of the spawn points share the same one?


Quote from: Blazingflare on September 18, 2014, 07:16:25 AM
Can you assign individual item spawn points their own item frequency list, or do all of the spawn points share the same one?

The item lists are limited to one, however doesn't mean it's not possible to have a single spawn point only pull from one table or group. I haven't tested, but it may be possible to have specific spawn points pull from their own group nodes or table nodes. (every stage except SSE stages only have 1 table filled in, with a maximum of 5.)

Wait, you mean like a spawn point only spawns one particular item?
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

no, he means regular stages use only 1 list, but it seems there are a maximum of 5 available, at least it is so in SSE stages.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on September 18, 2014, 05:42:30 PM
no, he means regular stages use only 1 list, but it seems there are a maximum of 5 available, at least it is so in SSE stages.

yea that. The files all have null placeholders for the other 4 tables, but are still included in the files rather then just removing them. To me, that means they are significant in some way. SSE stages make use of all the tables, but it seems that all normal stages (at least the ones i've checked) only use 1 table.

Hmmm... That is puzzling, I would assume one would be enough.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

interesting thread i will sub xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hi, anyone here can post the PERFECT settings for this brawlbox to import DAES files? as a character ... always thtat i import a dae my model looks ALL BLACK in game, and if i export the dae optimizing, and reimporting on BB 67b the facepoints back to the normal, like a model witouth optimize, thks

Quote from: Nasca Corp on September 20, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
Hi, anyone here can post the PERFECT settings for this brawlbox to import DAES files? as a character ... always thtat i import a dae my model looks ALL BLACK in game, and if i export the dae optimizing, and reimporting on BB 67b the facepoints back to the normal, like a model witouth optimize, thks
this is my settings for character importing
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady