BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Thks Demonslayer!, i will test it this night, thks a lot, dude what Brawl Box did you use?

0.73b... the recent version available
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Any progress with enemy spawning? Because that's an epic thing.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

yo liberty, idk if u realised.. but SRT0 edits dont save in BB 73b.. might want to look into that :v
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 18, 2014, 05:44:26 PM
yea that. The files all have null placeholders for the other 4 tables, but are still included in the files rather then just removing them. To me, that means they are significant in some way. SSE stages make use of all the tables, but it seems that all normal stages (at least the ones i've checked) only use 1 table.
The dream for having Saffron City spawn Pokemon out the door is becoming more real by the second.   8)
I have one other question. Is it possible to have a stage spawn an item on a timer? I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.


Have you thought of moves where hitboxes are in SubRoutines can show up via model viewer? That was my only problem, whenever I edit characters. As for the item spawning, I noticed that  whenever you have 1 spawn bone at say, (-50,25), and the other at (60,50), I wasn't sure if it would turn into a square and everything, but it turns out, that it stays in a linear line instead of a square. I not sure if I'm right, but you could try and look at it again if you want to.

Quote from: Blazingflare on September 24, 2014, 04:30:15 AM
The dream for having Saffron City spawn Pokemon out the door is becoming more real by the second.   8)
I have one other question. Is it possible to have a stage spawn an item on a timer? I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.
When that happens, I'll be totally ready. :P

Quote from: sluigi123 on September 24, 2014, 04:59:21 AM
As for the item spawning, I noticed that  whenever you have 1 spawn bone at say, (-50,25), and the other at (60,50), I wasn't sure if it would turn into a square and everything, but it turns out, that it stays in a linear line instead of a square. I not sure if I'm right, but you could try and look at it again if you want to.

If you use the advanced model viewer to view the whole stage, you can turn on the item spawn overlays. The two bones do make a rectangle, that's why it shows as a rectangle in the model previewer :P

September 29, 2014, 04:42:17 AM #337 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:44:12 AM by BlackJax96
Bug reports:

1. When you change the bone control using E,R,T or View -> Viewer -> Bone Control, the drop down on the top right of the window doesn't update to reflect the correct control. Same with the other way around; they need to be synchronized.

2. When the Environment Settings window (under Options) is open and a bone control is visible or any of the stage overlays are visible, they become huge in size. The size reverts back to normal when the window is closed.

3. In SHP0Editor.cs - UpdateSHP0Indices(), the line

if (SelectedAnimation != null && TargetModel != null)

needs to be changed to

if (SelectedAnimation != null && TargetModel != null && TargetModel._vertList != null)

I got the error because the target model dropdown was set to All, I had the stage position model selected, and a SHP0 for another model was being applied to it in the SHP0 editor. There weren't any vertex nodes in the model for it to use :P

And a suggestion. When you click Preview All Models, the target model drop down at the top of the window should be set to All by default.


I'll probably fix these things on the side of my projects at some point, but for now hopefully you guys can beat me to it.

Bug report: when you preview all models & exit I get an error saying Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

Quote from: E-scope12 on September 29, 2014, 06:41:26 AM
Bug report: when you preview all models & exit I get an error saying Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

Do you think you could send me a copy of the file your working with? Last i checked, the only thing that caused that was editing an MDL0 with no objects. However, i recall LibertyErnie fixing that at one point and i don't have any trouble previewing all models and closing OR saving it. Even previewing all models in a brres containing only a model with no objects doesn't reproduce it.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 29, 2014, 07:48:30 AM
Do you think you could send me a copy of the file your working with? Last i checked, the only thing that caused that was editing an MDL0 with no objects. However, i recall LibertyErnie fixing that at one point and i don't have any trouble previewing all models and closing OR saving it. Even previewing all models in a brres containing only a model with no objects doesn't reproduce it.
check my skyloft stage. it does it to that too... same thing with a char im working on too...
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Errrm, It might be my computer, but the issue with the model viewer freezing if opened to long is still present for me.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 29, 2014, 04:42:17 AM
Bug reports:

2. When the Environment Settings window (under Options) is open and a bone control is visible or any of the stage overlays are visible, they become huge in size. The size reverts back to normal when the window is closed.

I've gone ahead and fixed 1 & 3. For number 2, it seems it's messing things up only when the light source is being drawn. If the lightsource isn't drawn at all, it never happens. The problem is that the things being done to lightsource are affecting the geometry of the bone controls, the bone orbs, overlays, and collisions. basically anything being drawn with GL.XXX is being scaled and rotated the same way the light source is for some reason. I'll have to look into it a bit more since i'm not too great with the GL stuff.

Well GL is a state machine, so anything that's set to on needs to be set back to off when you're done. A call was probably made inside of the 'if' statement to scale up the scene to draw the light source, and for whatever reason another call wasn't made at the end to scale it back down before rendering the other controls.

Yea i figured that was the case. Dunno if I've fixed it perfectly, but it seems that I've fixed it by scaling it back down to .01 and rotating y + Azimuth. Though since depth tests are disabled when rendering the light source and the rest of the rendering normally has it enabled, i had to enable it again afterwards otherwise it would mess some stuff up later down the road.