BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 13, 2014, 06:49:57 AM
For some reason, I can't replace materials without Brawlbox crashing. It happens nearly every time I replace materials. I also can't change the material colour thing without the entire model corrupting. Has this been happening with anyone else?
Happens to me with almost every import of mine... It's extremely anoying.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on September 13, 2014, 02:24:02 PM
Happens to me with almost every import of mine... It's extremely anoying.
If the program just closes, try opening the program from the command line (windows key + r, enter cmd.exe) and then cd "Z:\your\directory\here" and then type the name of the executable. Once it crashes, you should paste the output of the command line to pastebin and then put the pastebin link here. (Don't put the log here!!!) That will help a lot!

Okay, I will definitely try when it happens again.

Not sure how many people will actually make use of this, but it does pertain to stage makers. I've just finished implementing the stage Item generation tables. (which control the frequency at which items appear)



i haven't really messed around with it in game, but i wonder if this can actually tell the game to load stage specific items..that would be cool, but for some reason i doubt it would. In any case, there are common tables for all stages and modes int common3.pac. The tables there are used for things like assist trophy frequency, pokemon, and modes such as sudden death. (to choose to spawn the bob-omb that's already primed for exploding) I've laid out alot of information on the OpenSA wiki about it..so if your interested check there.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Item_Frequency_Table

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 14, 2014, 12:58:27 AM
Not sure how many people will actually make use of this, but it does pertain to stage makers. I've just finished implementing the stage Item generation tables. (which control the frequency at which items appear)



i haven't really messed around with it in game, but i wonder if this can actually tell the game to load stage specific items..that would be cool, but for some reason i doubt it would. In any case, there are common tables for all stages and modes int common3.pac. The tables there are used for things like assist trophy frequency, pokemon, and modes such as sudden death. (to choose to spawn the bob-omb that's already primed for exploding) I've laid out alot of information on the OpenSA wiki about it..so if your interested check there.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Item_Frequency_Table
oh i like what i see, i have some great use for that!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Neato, I didn't even know that's what was in that ARC. I figured all you needed was the few bones in the stagepos model and the rest was completely random.

It's been a while since stage building stuff was added to BB. It's been all model imports and animations it seems. Good to see stuff that helps stage builders! I feel like I've said that before :-\
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Alright so after a bit of experimenting with this, i've actually found that the game will indeed try to load any items that are within the tables. EVEN if they are stage specific. For example, i tried spawning apples from Green Greens and the log spit something out saying it was looking for the itmAppleParam.pac and ItmAppleBress.pac in the "Item/apple/" directory. (which doesn't even exist) this obviously crashed the game, however that means the game automatically updated the file name based on the item Id and looked for that file in that directory. Just move the files to that directory and BAM it's spawnable

This means that basically any item that can be thought of can be spawned in any level now, including stage specific items such as the apple from green greens and the actual spore shot from the lipstick....meaning you can actually make a level with random flower effect "puffs" appearing now and again. You can EVEN spawn assist trophy's and Pokemon this way..though i haven't tested it all the way through and may crash after disappear. In any case, i hope people have fun with this :)

i wouldn't mind trying it out right now!!!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 14, 2014, 12:58:27 AM
Not sure how many people will actually make use of this, but it does pertain to stage makers. I've just finished implementing the stage Item generation tables. (which control the frequency at which items appear)



i haven't really messed around with it in game, but i wonder if this can actually tell the game to load stage specific items..that would be cool, but for some reason i doubt it would. In any case, there are common tables for all stages and modes int common3.pac. The tables there are used for things like assist trophy frequency, pokemon, and modes such as sudden death. (to choose to spawn the bob-omb that's already primed for exploding) I've laid out alot of information on the OpenSA wiki about it..so if your interested check there.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Item_Frequency_Table
I'm liking this even more! =P

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 15, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
Alright so after a bit of experimenting with this, i've actually found that the game will indeed try to load any items that are within the tables. EVEN if they are stage specific. For example, i tried spawning apples from Green Greens and the log spit something out saying it was looking for the itmAppleParam.pac and ItmAppleBress.pac in the "Item/apple/" directory. (which doesn't even exist) this obviously crashed the game, however that means the game automatically updated the file name based on the item Id and looked for that file in that directory. Just move the files to that directory and BAM it's spawnable

This means that basically any item that can be thought of can be spawned in any level now, including stage specific items such as the apple from green greens and the actual spore shot from the lipstick....meaning you can actually make a level with random flower effect "puffs" appearing now and again. You can EVEN spawn assist trophy's and Pokemon this way..though i haven't tested it all the way through and may crash after disappear. In any case, i hope people have fun with this :)
Falcon Punch me, is this for reals!?!
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Oh, that's fun.

Fantastic work, haha!


I've just tested, i can even spawn the crabs and koopas from the mario bros stage :) i've also found where the game loads the item names and such inside sora_melee.rel. If i had the ability to actually add bytes to module and rebuild the relocations i could possibly add new items to the game..

Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 15, 2014, 08:13:22 PM
I've just tested, i can even spawn the crabs and koopas from the mario bros stage :) i've also found where the game loads the item names and such inside sora_melee.rel. If i had the ability to actually add bytes to module and rebuild the relocations i could possibly add new items to the game..

Haha, Item Clone Engine. Sounds awesome :D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Sammi Husky on September 15, 2014, 08:13:22 PM
I've just tested, i can even spawn the crabs and koopas from the mario bros stage :) i've also found where the game loads the item names and such inside sora_melee.rel. If i had the ability to actually add bytes to module and rebuild the relocations i could possibly add new items to the game..

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.
...
... New items... into the game !?
Even if it would be just "clone" of existing items, this would be an awesome thing !

The items hack possibilities would be (almost) endless, I love it :srs: