BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I updated the link on the main page - now the MSBin corruption seems to be fixed. Thanks waveshocker!

Quote from: Dantarion on May 06, 2014, 06:47:30 PM
Hey, im just trying to throw something out, but can you guys use the existing BrawlCode progress so we don't end up splitting BrawlBox's development history yet again?
Is it this repo? https://code.google.com/p/brawldev/ Or is it a newer one?

Nope...thats the one Bero and I worked on when we couldn't contact Kryal to get commit writes to the original one!

http://brawltools2.googlecode.com

Just send me your emails and I'll give you commit access

so the Brawlbox is again set in motion! and now that we have Lib, Sammi and Dant intrested to do it, it can be at v1.00 this time!

wish I could help with anything, but if you want a betatester, you know where I am! (was Beta tester the period BJ96 was the BB maker)
Stupid Tinypic :C

I wouldn't really mind moving to the SVN, but also, using GitHub gives a couple extra features - primarily pull requests and easy branching - that can be kind of nice.
Then again, Google Code gives you a download area and other things which I probably don't know about yet.

Meh, the downloads section is deprecated. I think they already removed the option to add new downloads by now.

You also couldn't replace a download. I didn't like using it solely because of that.

Here's where my progress is on the STDT thing:


How do you think edits to the names/descriptions should be saved? I'm loading it right now from a file STDT/[the name of that ef_*** node in the file].txt, if it exists, but there's no code to save changes.
A button or something to switch between int/float/degrees might also be nice, but I could also just use that guessing code, I suppose.

I got a WIP update to my STPM Tool that makes it compatible with STDT and names some of the more interesting values. I can try to finish and release it so you can see if the names are fine to be used in there.

Also, please use BJ's template for the STDT icon, that one is out of place imo.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

May 06, 2014, 09:02:10 PM #53 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:28:14 PM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: libertyernie on May 06, 2014, 07:36:06 PM
I wouldn't really mind moving to the SVN, but also, using GitHub gives a couple extra features - primarily pull requests and easy branching - that can be kind of nice.

I've become somewhat accustomed to github myself, especially since vs 2013 Express has an integrated git interface, while SVN management can't be integrated with Express versions. Though thats not a biggie really.

That and github has a better interface :P

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 06, 2014, 08:59:12 PM
Also, please use BJ's template for the STDT icon, that one is out of place imo.

That one was only a placeholder so i didn't have to deal with so many ?'s lol. Yea i'll make a new one from the template.

Anyone have suggestions on what the colors should be? or is a black and white gradient like this good?


I admit, maybe github is best for this.

Well, currently i've just been making forks of LibertyErnie's repo and making changes, then requesting a merge from mine since i don't have push access to His repo, but if he could add us both as contributors then we'd be able to make new branches and commit changes alot easier.

Alternatively, if he wants to keep his personal repo in order to keep track of changes that will affect his other programs, one of us could create a new repo off of that one and add everyone to that one

We should try to keep it as one repo if possible. Don't want features appearing and disappearing.

Once you guys get something settled, add dantarion to it and ill commit BrawlBox2Maya command line tool

OK, Sammi Husky and Dantarion should now both have upload access to my brawltools repository, if everything worked right. Let me know if it doesn't work.

GitHub supports SVN clients, by the way, so if either of you want to use it that way you can.

I may set up a buildbot to do automated builds! This is exciting! So happy!