BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alright, since the 4th BrawlTools generation is being hosted on github, I won't bother adding you guys to the old 3rd gen svn.

Quote from: libertyernie on May 06, 2014, 10:42:28 PM
OK, Sammi Husky and Dantarion should now both have upload access to my brawltools repository, if everything worked right. Let me know if it doesn't work.

GitHub supports SVN clients, by the way, so if either of you want to use it that way you can.

Lol dangit!just sent a pull request too, i'll just try to push those commits directly as a test to see if everything worked..lol

Now i am excited! It sound so amazing! I can see great power of you three!
But i am Sad, it feels and Will probely be that i Will stand on the side and Watch, not Being able to help :C
Stupid Tinypic :C

Brainstorming: maybe instead of loading a text file automatically for STDT nodes, I should just add right-click items that say something like "Load Descriptions" and "Save Descriptions"? There's really no reliable way to determine what stage (i.e. what rel file) a PAC is made for.

well... glad to see some love to BB again...

*follows*
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Does anyone know how the color and size codes work in the msbins? like <color=56544FFF> but this is different than html right? Same with the size?

Quote from: libertyernie on May 07, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
Brainstorming: maybe instead of loading a text file automatically for STDT nodes, I should just add right-click items that say something like "Load Descriptions" and "Save Descriptions"? There's really no reliable way to determine what stage (i.e. what rel file) a PAC is made for.

You could add a tab with a list of the different stages with STDT, so depending on the one you choose in the list, you can read the info specific for that stage.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 07, 2014, 01:22:29 AM
You could add a tab with a list of the different stages with STDT, so depending on the one you choose in the list, you can read the info specific for that stage.

What about a dropdown containing stages with the same amount of STDT values instead of tabs for all stages?

I meant a combobox or whatever it's called. Just a list of stages that change what's displayed once you change your selection. That list may depend on the size of the STDT or not. I use STDTs on stages that go on many slots at the same time, even if the size of the STDT in the original stage doesn't match the one in my stage. That combobox could have a default value where all STDT values can be edited, but have no descryption at all. And then have stage-specific lists, where only known values are displayed and are editable.

Dunno, just throwing ideas out there.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Haha, this is awesome! :laugh: I can't believe that this much enthusiasm for Brawl hacking remains after all these years.

Quote from: Dantarion on May 06, 2014, 10:43:29 PM
I may set up a buildbot to do automated builds! This is exciting! So happy!

Even Dant's caught up in the excitement.  :kdance:



Whoa hey guys I've totally been bothering BJ so I can take up coding BB and-

*sees talent*

-yeah nevermind I'll just go sit in my corner and let the pros go nuts.

Really though, glad folks are still interested.

Hype!


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 07, 2014, 02:33:05 AM
I meant a combobox or whatever it's called. Just a list of stages that change what's displayed once you change your selection. That list may depend on the size of the STDT or not. I use STDTs on stages that go on many slots at the same time, even if the size of the STDT in the original stage doesn't match the one in my stage. That combobox could have a default value where all STDT values can be edited, but have no descryption at all. And then have stage-specific lists, where only known values are displayed and are editable.

Dunno, just throwing ideas out there.
Yeah, maybe a combobox would be a nice idea. I can store different AttributeInfo[] instances statically to test it, for sure.

Just curious, but will there ever be a way to open BBox PSA'd files in PSA and PSA PSA'd files in BBox?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tidus, for that to happen, PSA can't do much about it. So basically, BrawlBox needs to be changed to not ever save a file in a way that PSA can't read it.

Also, BrawlBox SHOULD be able to save D3 and Pokemon .pacs in a way so that PSA can open them :D

Quote from: Tidus on May 07, 2014, 10:33:34 PM
Just curious, but will there ever be a way to open BBox PSA'd files in PSA and PSA PSA'd files in BBox?

I suppose if an elegant solution can be found for why the way BBox saves them causes that issue then sure. Then again, i don't even know what causes this in the first place so don't quote me on that.. :kdance: I also have pretty little knowledge on the moveset file format despite how long i looked at tabuu and PSA's source :(

And in any case, my main focus for moveset stuff would be on Ikarus anyways