BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 08, 2015, 02:55:18 AM #855 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:57:03 AM by KingJigglypuff
Quote from: E-scope12 on November 08, 2015, 02:37:50 AM
Will there be a new version of Brawlbox?
No.

At least not by BlackJax.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Geez. The nerve of some people. :P

Off-topic: Man, Puff, that "myth busted" gif that sometimes appears in your sig makes me think of a walrus with one tusk. :P


He left BrawlBox development.

It's now in the (busy) hands of Sammi and Libertyernie.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


He left BB dev again? He just re-started only a few months ago...

Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on November 10, 2015, 03:57:28 AM
He left BrawlBox development.

It's now in the (busy) hands of Sammi and Libertyernie.
I see. I didn't know that.

Hey, I started a thread on Smashboards about wanting to create a website that allows users to easily customize and create their own builds. Placing files and hex-editing is totally possible, but the only roadblock I've really had is automating SSS and CSS image replacements, since BrawlBox and its related tools utilize a GUI.

Is there any chance there could ever be a way to interact with BrawlBox from the command-line with batch files and what not? I don't think it would help just me, but instead a lot of people that are working with mods and testing quickly.

I'd love to be able to just specify images I need to replace within the game files and do it all through command-line with arguments, and it would bring my dream website for the community closer to reality.

so is this being developed right now?
I ran into a weird bug and I don't have a GitHub account

Quote from: waut3r on November 29, 2015, 04:20:27 AM
Hey, I started a thread on Smashboards about wanting to create a website that allows users to easily customize and create their own builds. Placing files and hex-editing is totally possible, but the only roadblock I've really had is automating SSS and CSS image replacements, since BrawlBox and its related tools utilize a GUI.

Is there any chance there could ever be a way to interact with BrawlBox from the command-line with batch files and what not? I don't think it would help just me, but instead a lot of people that are working with mods and testing quickly.

I'd love to be able to just specify images I need to replace within the game files and do it all through command-line with arguments, and it would bring my dream website for the community closer to reality.

The main reason I haven't made a command-line interface to BrawlLib is that the amount of stuff you can do with it is just so large. I'm curious as to what operations you would need to perform (replace SSS icon / name / etc?)

If your website is written in ASP.NET you might be able to use BrawlLib itself, although I've never tried that (there might be some MessageBox.Show calls lying around and IDK what would happen in a web environment).


I wanted to ask. lately i've been using BB's code editor. Does it have a limit to what it can remember? for instance i can remember all codes in PM and open the GCT, and it still shows unknown codes even when its documented. and saving that file as a GCT seems to break some codes. its been strange. this happen to anyone else?

*ps. i also believe BB should read those codes from an external file somewhere that you can edit in a txt manager. it would be a lot easier.

@libertyernie is it possable you can make brawlbox able to save fitcharater.pacs without skrewing up their data?

no offence

Its great for models and stages from what i hear but I would like to be able to import animations and movesets

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 14, 2015, 10:02:02 AM
I keep receiving this error:

Then, i can't select any bones, polygons or textures and i receive this error one more time when trying to close the window. It doesn't happens with all models, but this happens with models that matter. This never happened before Hotfix 2. How to fix this? Simply re-importing it as .dae does nothing.
so we ever gonna get a fix for this? because I've been getting this too, but this doesn't happen in any of the older Brawlbox versions. (been using 0.71 for a while now because of this.)
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


If something is character related, I probably won't be able to fix it. But I might look into how the GCT part remembers codes and see if it can be made to work better.

Quote from: ZX_BraveSol_ZX on December 16, 2015, 08:51:44 PM
so we ever gonna get a fix for this? because I've been getting this too, but this doesn't happen in any of the older Brawlbox versions. (been using 0.71 for a while now because of this.)

I need a model that causes the error so that I can hotfix it.