BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awesome work mate, this alone will make creating new SSE levels immensely easier. Since many objects in the level.pac/BLOC archive designate the fileindex of the collision definition to use, as well as what model index to use.


Quote from: libertyernie on June 23, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
I've been able to add collisions to the model viewer now (read-only), so you can see them along with the models - or not (you can turn them off with a button next to Polygons and Bones.) If you're playing an animation on a model that collisions are tied to, the collisions should move along with it.

I also have a feature working where it can detect when the selected bone is within 5 units of a floor collision (this is for placing spawn points.) I suppose the thing on the end of the bone should change color, but I'll have to see what looks the best. Any suggestions? Right now I change the blue circle to cyan when you're close enough. (5 units seems to be the threshold for a spawn point to appear on the floor, and not under or above it.)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


http://youtu.be/pKk_5BvY7g8

^ lol

I'll probably also make a button to zoom the camera to a specific bone and/or model. Would make navigating quite a bit more convenient. For example in large SSE stages you could select a bone or model from waayyy farther in the level and hit the zoom extents button to zoom the camera to it's position :)


Quote from: libertyernie on June 23, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
I've been able to add collisions to the model viewer now (read-only), so you can see them along with the models - or not (you can turn them off with a button next to Polygons and Bones.) If you're playing an animation on a model that collisions are tied to, the collisions should move along with it.

I also have a feature working where it can detect when the selected bone is within 5 units of a floor collision (this is for placing spawn points.) I suppose the thing on the end of the bone should change color, but I'll have to see what looks the best. Any suggestions? Right now I change the blue circle to cyan when you're close enough. (5 units seems to be the threshold for a spawn point to appear on the floor, and not under or above it.)


Can I test this out?

yay! collision attachment in preview 8D so good!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but some tables seem to be a bit messed up.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 24, 2014, 10:52:40 PM
Not sure if it's been reported yet, but some tables seem to be a bit messed up.


Nice catch. I'll try to fix that.

June 25, 2014, 12:19:22 AM #174 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:46:32 PM by D 3 /\/\ 0 |\|
noticed that too.. but thought it was just a small change.. still looking forward to the next BB tho... c:

edit:
i just noticed between importing between 71 and 73... with 71, importing with cullmode as inside, it imports fine, in 73, importing it the same makes the normals inverted..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: D 3 /\/\ 0 |\| on June 25, 2014, 12:19:22 AMedit:
i just noticed between importing between 71 and 73... with 71, importing with cullmode as inside, it imports fine, in 73, importing it the same makes the normals inverted..

Huh. Not sure what would have changed between then and now. Unfortunately, I don't know much about model importing, so I might not be able to fix it.

I did fix the thing Mewtwo2000 posted a pic of. It must have something to do with the Visual Studio designer and my high-DPI laptop -- I just reverted the MainForm.Designer.cs to an earlier version and re-did my changes manually :P

Also, TheShyGuy sent me the source code of his changes to the interpolation editor, and those are now integrated into my GitHub repo. So they'll be in the next release too!

(I found a really slick way to import the changes:

  • Make a new Git branch, based on the commit I made way back when I imported BlackJax's 0.71
  • Copy TheShyGuy's code into the working directory
  • Make a commit to the new branch
  • Switch back to the master branch and merge the newly created one into it)

mmm really? dang :c

also.. i also noticed that in the importing options, in the color nodes settings, u cant change UseOneNode to False otherwise it'll throw an Property Value is not valid.
QuoteObject of type 'BrawlLib.Imaging.RGBAPixel' cannot be converted to type 'System.Boolean'.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: D 3 /\/\ 0 |\| on June 26, 2014, 08:46:12 AM
also.. i also noticed that in the importing options, in the color nodes settings, u cant change UseOneNode to False otherwise it'll throw an Property Value is not valid.
That I think I can fix.

libertyernie I know I've asked you this but do you think you can add the colors option in the model viewer so that we can view the color nodes?

Quote from: E-scope12 on June 27, 2014, 07:32:55 PM
libertyernie I know I've asked you this but do you think you can add the colors option in the model viewer so that we can view the color nodes?
as what i said in the past to u when BJ was doing it... to have those show up, u have to code in shaders and the such into the model viewer, and thats gonna take a looong time to code and get it working properly.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady