BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 20, 2014, 09:21:09 PM
Little progress, tried hacking together rendering the camera and death boundaries..looks pretty okay for now. You can also move around the bones and the graphics will update while you move them, so pretty useful. Still kinda hacky in the code, so i'll have to clean that up. I've also made it so you can toggle on and off rendering the collisions in the model previewer. There was a button there, but it didn't work til now :)

The blue boundary is the area where the camera will now longer follow you and put you inside the damaging magnifier, where the red is the death boundary.


That's awesome. Keep up the good work. ♪
Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX


Well, got spawn points and respawns roughly rendered as well. The initial spawns actually consist of two points that are slightly offset from each other, hence the brighter green where spheres overlap :) Since i don't want to flood the screen with more colors, i'll have to think of a creative way to show the FS locations. that is if i decide they need to be rendered at all really, since they are just a single point and are quite easy to distinguish from their name.

There are still some bugs with rotating the camera and such since some of these boxes overlap, however i should have those fixed soon. For now, it's easy enough to just turn off the overlays before rotating around the stage unless you don't mind the blue and red mixing together like an old 3d movie :P. For moving all these points around, you shouldn't have to rotate the camera much anyhow.


not bad, keep going ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You guys should continue developing BrawlBox so that it can be compatible with PSA, as well as add other functions like importing from Blender to BrawlBox, or those bugs with Sawnds imports and stuff.(I've heard a lot of complaints about those 3 things, though the importing from Blender I myself have complained about.)

Quote from: windhunter7 on July 22, 2014, 12:56:24 AM
You guys should continue developing BrawlBox so that it can be compatible with PSA, as well as add other functions like importing from Blender to BrawlBox, or those bugs with Sawnds imports and stuff.(I've heard a lot of complaints about those 3 things, though the importing from Blender I myself have complained about.)
I only kindof agree...
I say just to fix the DAE export so materials don't mess up with blender...
(that, and the normals have to be fixed after importing)


the only part of me that says to drop the multi-format support is because of my program, UMC...
once UMC's capable of importing and exporting an MDL0 of any version, BrawlBox won't really need those extra formats.

the up-side, when a format in UMC doesn't work right, it'll be extremely easy to correct.
(unlike BrawlBox, UMC isn't hard-coded, and the language is fixed up for noobs)
^ with UMC, there's no jumping through hoops to add support for a new format. ;)

not trying to promote my program... (even though it REALLY sounds like it)
I'm just stating my feelings as to why brbx should stay MDL0 only. :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Alright, well I've fixed the problems with the overlapping primitives causing camera issues, so here is the final rendering of cam boundaries and spawn locations. The only other change i've made to the model previewer is adding a button next to the "Reset Camera" called "Zoom Extents". This button simply zooms and positions your camera at the selected bone. (note: I've recently found that there is a bug where if your aligned perfectly with the bone, the translation tool doesn't like to work.) This has likely always been there, but the chances of lining up with the tools perfectly were very very slim before i added this button. The only other bug really is that if you have the boundary overlays on, you cannot select a respawn / spawn bone by hand (zooming in and clicking on it). This is mainly because the sphere that surrounds the bone's orb.

This has been a productive week for me, so i also got around to finally getting BLOC archives rebuildable, which means i can start adding support for editing the various files for SSE now


Oh snap, I've wanted a zoom extents button in BrawlBox for a while but I totally forgot to bring it up. Neato

Quote from: Gravity on July 22, 2014, 07:10:49 PM
Oh snap, I've wanted a zoom extents button in BrawlBox for a while but I totally forgot to bring it up. Neato

I know, such a useful tool, init? :)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 22, 2014, 07:05:06 PM
Alright, well I've fixed the problems with the overlapping primitives causing camera issues, so here is the final rendering of cam boundaries and spawn locations. The only other change i've made to the model previewer is adding a button next to the "Reset Camera" called "Zoom Extents". This button simply zooms and positions your camera at the selected bone. (note: I've recently found that there is a bug where if your aligned perfectly with the bone, the translation tool doesn't like to work.) This has likely always been there, but the chances of lining up with the tools perfectly were very very slim before i added this button. The only other bug really is that if you have the boundary overlays on, you cannot select a respawn / spawn bone by hand (zooming in and clicking on it). This is mainly because the sphere that surrounds the bone's orb.

This has been a productive week for me, so i also got around to finally getting BLOC archives rebuildable, which means i can start adding support for editing the various files for SSE now

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nice work, Husky. Also, would it be possible that, later down the line, multi-channel BRSTMs could be made in BrawlBox (unless it already is)?
Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX

Really sweet progress on the boundary rendering.
When I get time I'll make the green orbs for spawn points turn a different color when they're too far away from the floor. I've already put that code in rendering the translation handles, but it makes more sense here.

It's always nice to see the progress happening here.

SSE editor hype!


Quote from: Alpha the Seductive Spy on July 22, 2014, 09:06:26 PM
Nice work, Husky. Also, would it be possible that, later down the line, multi-channel BRSTMs could be made in BrawlBox (unless it already is)?


Your avatar....  :>.>:

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 20, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

That look beautiful O.o
Brilliant and simplistic addition, but a necessary one in my opinion =]

Quote from: Scout on July 23, 2014, 03:21:28 AM

Your avatar....  :>.>:
Too much Spy x Scout stuff, eh?
Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX